1. Deze website gebruikt cookies. Door deze website verder te gebruiken, gaat u akkoord met ons gebruik van cookies. Leer Meer.

Ghostbusters

Discussie in 'Algemeen' gestart door DulleNL, 17 nov 2007.

1. DulleNL

DulleNL I'm a little teapot Magic Member

Leuk Bevonden:

[​IMG]

PlatformsXbox 360 enzo
    Uitgever Sierra Entertainment
    Developer Sierra Entertainment
    Genre Derde Persoons Shooter
    Release datum 23 oktober 2009

[GB]Informatie:[/GB]
    ^top

[GB]Screenshots:[/GB]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

^top

[GB]Trailers:[/GB]
    [gt]28008[/gt]
    [gt]36299[/gt]
    [gt]43328[/gt]
    [gt]45125[/gt]
    [gt]49140[/gt]

^top

[GB]Demo:[/GB]
    [​IMG]
    Ghostbusters: The Video Game - Demo
    Bestandsgrootte: 799 MB

[​IMG]

^top

[GB]Achievements:[/GB]

[​IMG]

^top

[GB]Boxart:[/GB]
    [​IMG]

^top

[GB]Officiële website:[/GB]
    http://www.ghostbustersgame.com/

^top

[GB]Opmerkingen:[/GB]
    Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters!... :D

^top

June 8, 2009 - Let's get this out of the way: I'm a Ghostbusters Super-Fan. It's my favorite movie, I own a jumpsuit, a movie-accurate Proton Pack and I even cried during an episode of Extreme Ghostbusters when Slimer accidentally killed Eduardo... keep in mind that this was a cartoon that aired when I was in high school. Personally, I like the idea of people reviewing games from franchises they love because I feel like they'll be tougher on a property than your average reviewer, but that's my opinion. You're an IGN reader -- you get pissed when a non-fan reviews a game and you get pissed when an admitted fan reviews a game, so there's no way to win.

Anyway, still here? Awesome; Ghostbusters: The Video Game is very good.

[ign]14218851&downloadURL=http://ps3movies.ign.com/ps3/video/article/992/992630/ghost_gmp_theopenning_60809_flvlowwide.flv[/ign]​

Set in 1991, two years after the events of Ghostbusters 2, this title finds the boys in gray moving onto the next chapter in the world of paranormal investigations and eliminations -- namely, expanding the team. You'll join the squad as an experimental weapons technician with the sole purpose of testing Egon's latest Proton Pack modifications. Within moments of showing up on the job, a strange wave of ghostly energy emanates from a museum packing a Gozer exhibit and spreads across New York City. The spiritual spike gets every ghoul in the five boroughs riled up, the boys get to work and a devious master plan is set in motion.

This game is meant to be the third movie in the franchise, and with that in mind, we have to talk about presentation right off the bat. The game opens detailing the ghostly explosion in a beautiful cutscene -- all the computer-generated movies look great with lots of detail and animations -- and we're launched into the Ghostbusters theme just like when the Gray Lady scared the librarian in the first movie and when Dana caught up to Oscar's carriage in the second film. These nifty scenes will continue along with the soundtrack from the original movie throughout the game and setup the tale. There are dips in this presentation value -- which I'll get to in a bit -- but these touches are pulled right from the movie and drop you into this third-person shooter with a specific story to tell (i.e. don't expect to choose your next job GTA-style).

To immerse you in the experience, your noob Ghostbuster character doesn't speak and isn't given a name other than "rookie." In the game, it's explained that this nameless move is to keep the core four from getting attached in case a device goes haywire and puts the whippersnapper out of commission, but in reality, it's so you can just sit back and play your part as the real Ghostbusters banter with each other in the tech-heavy dialogue and comedic one-liners you'd expect.

[​IMG]
    Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?

For me, this works quite well. If you haven't been paying attention, the four original Ghostbusters (Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, and Ernie Hudson) are back to lend their voices along with the team's receptionist (Annie Potts) and the dickless wonder known as Walter Peck (William Atherton) so you really don't need some new guy getting in the way of the dialogue, which was penned in part by the films' original writers Aykroyd and Ramis. I'm sure many would want to create their own character, but when you see some of the facial animations in the CG cutscenes and how the experience plays as a whole, I think you'll forgive the omission.

OK. So, the game feels a lot like a movie -- we've even got a new love interest for Venkman in Dr. Ilyssa Selwyn, who is voiced by Alyssa Milano -- but you're probably more concerned with how it plays. A third-person shooter, your Ghostbusters experience is told from the behind-the-back perspective. Rather than have the screen littered with health bars and HUDs (the screen will get red as you take damage and display a running damage total as you blast objects in an environment), your Proton Pack will serve as your hub of in-game information. By monitoring the meter on the right side of the device, you can see how close to overheating you are; yes, to give you some restraints, liberties were taken with the device so that you now have to vent the pack to keep it from overheating and taking you out of the game for an extended period of time.

The pack is also your visual representation for which weapon mode you are in. Rather than limit you to just a proton stream, Egon will have outfitted you pack with a total of four firing modes by the time all is said and done. The first mode is the classic Proton Pack from the movies but packs a Boson Dart (a ball of condensed energy that explodes on impact) as a secondary fire. By tapping left on your D-pad, you'll switch to your dark matter functions, which causes some blue lights and gizmos to pop out of the pack. These dark blue attacks include the shotgun-like Shock Blast and Stasis Stream that slows enemies to a crawl. The Meson Collider is assigned to Right on the D-Pad -- which causes an antenna crackling with electricity to come out of the pack -- and tags a ghoul with a tracker and then rapidly fires particles at the enemy. Finally, the Slime Blower is down on the D-Pad and can be used to coat enemies and objects in positively charged goo or as a Slime Tether that draws two objects together. This beaut turns the four red lights green and causes a slime reservoir to rise out of the pack.

Now, let's be honest: we all expected Ghostbusters to suck. That's not a comment about Terminal Reality, Atari, or anyone else involved in the project, it's just one of those things videogame fans have come to terms with: most games connected to the movie industry end up sucking. Ghostbusters bucks the trend in a few different ways, but the weapon options are high on that list. Being able to hit a specter with one end of a Slime Tether, attach the other end to a trap, and watch as the sprit is quickly pulled into the trap is great. Watching Ray's proton stream sail past your head and help wrestle a ghoul is fun. On top of the fact that you're getting these devices every now and again to keep you on your toes, there are also 20 upgrades you can buy along the way to supe-up the experience (you're earning cash for every beast you bust). Sure, the Meson Collider and Dark Matter weapons are forgettable and don't really need to be used, but the other half of the Twinkie is great.

[ign]14218851&downloadURL=http://ps3movies.ign.com/ps3/video/article/992/992630/ghost_gmp_containmentr_60809_flvlowwide.flv[/ign]​

In early previews, I openly worried that the game could become pretty mundane and repetitive if it was just trapping ghost after ghost, but thankfully, the final product dodges that bullet by dropping in these weapons and keeping the spirit types fresh. Sure, you're chasing the librarian and Stay Puft, but new poltergeists such as hobo ghosts and spirits that possess your friends keep things fresh and entertaining. Who doesn't like walking in on a Union/Confederate ghost war or battling a hulking demon made of red-hot embers?

When you run into one of these new apparitions, you can scan them with your PKE meter to discover if they need to be trapped or blasted to bits, but this move will also log them in your copy of Tobin's Spirit Guide. There are 55 ghosts to log, and once you have them, you can check out their unique back stories as well as weapon weaknesses from your PKE Meter (the back of the device serves as your pause screen and has a slew of stats and files to scope).

While you're running around zapping and trapping, your PKE Meter will be on your hip chirping away. When you bring it up via a face button, the POV drops to first-person from behind your Para-goggles (almost like night vision with vital information popping up), with the meter in the middle of the screen. You'll follow the peaking bars on the meter to enemies (red bars), objectives (green bars), and hidden artifacts (blue bars). The artifacts are another set of Easter eggs for you to find. If you want to ignore them, you can, but if you keep an ear out for your PKE meter and play the game of hot and cold, you'll uncover 42 of these gems that each have a tale connected to them. You can read the stories from the start screen and see any objects you've found in the firehouse.

Although you're not given free reign of New York City, you will get to fool around the firehouse in between missions. You can slide down the pole, eavesdrop on Janine's telephone calls, play with the jumping toaster on the pool table and more. None of it really affects the story, but it's a neat distraction that lets you feel like you're really a Ghostbuster. Environments are actually pretty diverse in this game. Like I said, I was worried about everything becoming the same old same old by the end of the game, but the decision to take you from Times Square to the library to a parallel dimension and so on keeps you guessing as to what will happen next. At times these levels are bright and colorful (the kitchen battle in the Sedgewick), dark and twisted (the 13th floor of the hotel), creepy as hell (the children's reading room in the library that is filled with disembodied kid voices and eerie handprints all over the wall).

[​IMG]
    You can believe Mr. Pecker.​

I mean, there was one part where I was in this spooky graveyard and had to use the Slime Tether to pull open a gate. When the job was done, the Ecto-1 and the rest of the boys rolled on in and we set off to fight a bunch of purple cultist ghosts -- there was this moment where I realize how cool all this was. Here I am blowing up zombie dudes while an angry portal is swirling in the sky and the Ecto-1 is rolling to my right. Rad.

The gameplay can run into trouble every now and again. Seeing as how the story is driven by the core four almost the whole time, you'll sometimes run into spots where you need to wait or move to a specific spot so that one of them will say something and advance the level. Often when they say these things, they're not looking at each other and are kind of just staring off into space. You'll also run into rather pissy difficulty spikes every now and again. I consider myself a pretty accomplished Ghostbuster player, but when I got to a part later in the game that needed me to Slime Tether some flying stone angels to a door, I nearly flipped my desk in anger. The level would begin and these damn things would just dive in and instantly kill me. Sure, as long as one of the other Ghostbusters is still on his feet, he can come revive you (you can revive them as well) and continue the level, but somehow these concrete bastards were killing Ray and I at the exact same time so I couldn't save him and he couldn't save me. Urge to kill rising.

Still, those complaints shouldn't turn you off to this game because it's so much fun to bust spirits on your own and they definitely shouldn't sour you when you take into account that this title has a pretty nifty multiplayer component. Here, you'll enter into matches with three other online Ghostbusters -- you can be any member of the original four as well as the brand new rookie -- and see who can earn the most cash by bagging ghosts. Your cash is logged at the end of a match and acts as experience points so that you ascend through the 20 levels of Ghostbuster ranks. Aside from leaderboards, the game also catalogs everything you've done from the number of ghosts trapped to the times you've been knocked out.

There are four campaigns (which are the teaming of three level parts) for you and the team to go through, but these are just pulled from the six job types that you can tackle. Containment simply asks you to trap as many ghosts as you can in a given time limit, Survival will go for as long as you can stay alive and keep time on the clock by trapping spirits, Destruction means you and the team have to destroy a set number of evil relics, Slime Dunk is a competition to see who can dunk Slimer into the trap the most times, Protection has you guarding some of Egon's equipment and you'll have to keep some pesky spirits from making off with artifacts in Thief.

[ign]14218851&downloadURL=http://ps3movies.ign.com/ps3/video/article/992/992630/ghost_gmp_slimetime_60809_flvlowwide.flv[/ign]​

For my money, blasting relics in Destruction was a bit ho-hum and protecting PKE poles in Protection could get frustrating seeing as how the bad guys keep respawning, but the other modes were actually a lot of fun. Slime Dunk is just a frantic fight to get a hold of the green guy and toss him in some of the preset traps; you can't die in this competition, so expect your "teammates" to blast you out of commission every now and again so that they have the playing field all to themselves. In other modes, you should probably keep the other players alive so that the missions keep going. The online games run as well as the single-player levels; meaning there was no lag in my matches. Although, Venkman's head did look weird from behind -- like his hair was layered goofily.

If the modes, levels to attain, and ability to play as Ernie Hudson weren't enough to keep you coming back, there are also 20 rare ghosts that will occasionally pop up in the levels. Catch'em all!

Of course, like any game, Ghostbusters isn't perfect -- especially in that presentation aspect I wrote about in the beginning. Although the CG scenes look great, the in-game cutscenes can't hold a candle to the polish of the former. Lip sync will seem off at places (laughably so in the cutscene after the library chapter), the characters are standing a bit too rigidly and so on. It's that double-edged sword of using a property people know so well -- we know how the actors are supposed to speak and act, so when there's a miscue, it's obvious. In that same vein -- as happy as I am to have all the actors back on board -- Bill Murray sounds like he's doing an impression of Peter Venkman at times; he's always got this smarmy tone to his voice and he doesn't seem to genuinely care about the team. Perhaps this is just the progression of his character because the Ghostbusters are a big hit nowadays, but it definitely isn't the human, well-rounded Peter from the films. Plus, the whole Peter/Ilyssa love story never really had any spark so it... it seems forced in the end.

If you're looking for more audio commentary, I wish the fine folks at Terminal Reality and Atari could've created some new music or borrowed from Ghostbusters 2. Sure, I love having the original soundtrack on board, but that was designed for a two-hour movie. By the end of the game, you're going to have heard the same handful of songs repeated several times at different places in the title.

In terms of being a nitpicky fan, the game's pretty good at not making a ton of continuity errors. Being able to explore the firehouse in between is pretty darn cool. However, you can go listen to the Vigo painting spout phrases, but that doesn't make any sense because that painting was destroyed at the end of Ghostbusters 2. Similarly, when the hell did Winston get a PhD? Didn't he just walk in off the street in the original film? Here, he just nonchalantly drops in that he spent a lot of time in a particular part of the museum while working on his doctorate. I guess the movies didn't document exactly what happened in the five years between GB and GB2 and an additional two years that have passed since the last film in this game, but it's still weird.

Now, as great as the game can look graphically, it also has a number of stumbles along with the shoddy in-game scenes and stiff characters. For starters, a lot of the cutscenes look like they were compressed in low quality; you'll see pixilization here and there. Also, everyone's hair could use some more work -- it's like you can see it being layered in places and it's all shimmery. Plus, there's noticeable screen-tearing when you spin the camera in busy areas like Slimer's ballroom and so on. These issues aren't deal breakers, but they're there and keep the title from being as impressive as it could've been.

[​IMG]
    Slime saves everyone.​

For all the fanboys out there who want to beat their chests about which system got it right, there are some differences between the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of this game. The PS3 features an eight-minute, 4 GB install that apparently doesn't do much seeing as how it takes both games about 30 seconds to load after a death or load a mission from the main screen. Although the PS3 has exclusive videos about refurbishing Ecto-1 and the Blu-ray trailer, the graphics seem to be a touch dumbed down on Sony's system. When you proton stream burns a wall on the 360, there's a black gouge in the wall that features smoldering embers and bits of fire. On the PS3, you get the fire and black gouge, but the little embers embedded in the cut don't make it. Similarly, when you attack Stay Puft on Microsoft's console, you're making dramatic changes to his puffy exterior. On the PS3, these changes aren't as severe -- it's almost like a bruise rather than a fiery cut. Still, I'll save you the suspense and tell you both versions are getting the same score for graphics because the overall package is solid on each platform.

Closing Comments
    If you dug the movies, there's no reason that you should be disappointed with Ghostbusters: The Video Game. There are some moments that cause the game to stumble, but you're getting a new tale in the Ghostbusters canon, fun gameplay, a whole bunch of stuff to destroy, and some cool ghosts to scan. I felt that the game's ending was a bit flat and the romantic interest was forced, but Ghostbusters is a hell of a ride.

[​IMG]

^top

Laatst bewerkt: 2 okt 2009
  2. AgentSmith

AgentSmith Guest

3. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    Laatst bewerkt: 17 nov 2007
  4. CaptnCook

CaptnCook Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Er is inderdaad al een thread over deze game. Aangezien Dulle's startpost een flink stuk beter is blijft deze thread open. :)

5. tricker

tricker Semper Fi

Leuk Bevonden:
    Vet plaatje :+ :9
    Ontopic: Ghostbuster wat vet!! Films heb ik echt zo vaak gekeken! En die spellen nooit gespeelt :+ Maar deze ziet er ook nog eens heel vet uit!! \o/

6. MaxxRaptor

MaxxRaptor Eigen aanduiding

Leuk Bevonden:
    Was er vroeger een grote fan van maar nu ik dit zie heb ik niet echt nostalgische gevoelens,leuk voor de generatie van nu me te laten kennismaken dat wel.:)

7. AgentSmith

AgentSmith Guest

Jahh...maar DulleNL heeft nu info die ik niet had destijds. Da's niet eerlijk =(;)
    Anders doe openingspost van DulleNL maar copypasten naar mij ;););)

8. AgentSmith

AgentSmith Guest

Ghostbusters met scans en nieuws

In het december nummer van het Game Informer magazine staat een special over Ghostbusters: The Video Game. Wie nog nooit een Ghostbustersfilm gezien heeft, moet nu onder een met slijm bedekte steen kruipen en zich schamen. Of nog even daarmee wachten en de belangrijkste info uit het Game Informer artikel doornemen.

Volgens het Game Informer artikel verschijnt Ghostbusters: The Video Game in oktober 2008 op PC, PlayStation 3 Xbox 360. De PlayStation 2 en Nintendo Wii krijgen een cartoonversie van de game en krijgen een vier speler splitscreen modus.

Het script voor de game werd volledig geschreven door Harold Ramis en Dan Aykroyd (Egon en Raymond uit de films) en de oorspronkelijke acteurs lenen ook hun stemmen aan de hoofdpersonages uit het spel. Een Ghostbusters 3 film zal er volgens de schrijvers nooit komen en intern is men dan ook sterk aan het overwegen om de game gewoon de naam Ghostbusters 3 mee te geven. Het geheel draait op Terminal Reality's Infernal Engine, een engine die fantastische visuele effecten en totaal vernietigbare omgevingen toestaat.

In Ghostbusters 3 of Ghostbusters: The Video Game (kies zelf maar uit) gaat het de Ghostbusters voor de wind. Nadat ze Vigo - de eindbaas uit de Ghostbusters 2 film - hebben verslagen kennen ze enorm veel succes. Maar onze spokenpakkers kloppen nu 60 uur per week en willen maar wat graag franchises uitdelen om zelf wat meer te kunnen relaxen. De burgemeester van New York wil ze dat pleziertje wel gunnen, maar wil die beslissing niet zelf nemen. Hij laat dat over aan paranormaal expert Walter Peck (William Atherton, Ghostbusters 1) en deze man legt hen tal van bureaucratische beperkingen op. Walter Peck maakt de Ghostbusters, net als in de oorspronkelijke film, het leven zuur.

Als speler ga je aan de slag als een groentje. Je voegt je bij de Ghostbusters en mag de nieuwe uitvindingen van Ray en Egon uitproberen. Ze gebruiken je maar wat graag als hun proefkonijn. Kort na je aankomst neemt een eeuwenoud kwaad New York City over en de spokenactiviteit piekt naar ongekende hoogtes. In een third-person perspectief trek je van de ene opdracht naar de andere. Op iedere locatie kun je zowat alles vernietigen en de rekening hiervoor komt bij de verzekering van de stadsraad terecht. Geld verdien je door moeilijke tegenstanders uit te schakelen en na je opdrachten kun je je terugtrekken in de Ghostbusters 'kazerne' waar je uiteraard een praatje kunt slaan met Janine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. strapping young lad

strapping young lad Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Geweldig!

Ik hoop echt dat het een goede game wordt... dit ziet er iets minder donker en minder apocalyptisch dan de zootfly filmpjes, maar dat kan ook een plus zijn.

Het is in ieder geval wel duidelijk dat we teruggaan in de tijd en dat dit niet wordt gebaseerd op een eventuele nieuwe ghostbusters film.

10. AgentSmith

AgentSmith Guest

11. falcon NL

falcon NL Creatief mens

Leuk Bevonden:
    OF dit gaat een hele mooi game game worden of een hele slechte. De controles lijken me nog een beetje stroef maar ik denk dat ik deze wel ga kopen.

12. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    Nieuws: Sierra zet Ghostbusters site online

Aanstaande herfst komt een oude liefde weer om de hoek kijken. Nee, het is geen ex van me, het zijn de Ghostbusters die hun eigen game krijgen.

Het illustere trio heeft al even niets van zich laten horen, gelukkig doorbreekt Sierra deze stilte met de komst van een site voor de game. Op de website kun je onder andere screenshots en trailers vinden, alsmede het nieuws bijhouden. De website is hier te bekijken.

13. AgentSmith

AgentSmith Guest

Zeker weten halen deze :)

14. Gallardo

Gallardo De vrolijke strijder

Leuk Bevonden:
    Hij lijkt mij inderdaad ook best wel gruwelijk worden. Heb nog een hele oude Ghostbusters voor een Sega Mastersystem hier liggen. Heb ik me vroeger wel een tijd mee vermaakt.

15. Fardo

Fardo Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
  16. s0kkie

s0kkie Nicolas Corbin

Leuk Bevonden:
    Kan niet wachten.
    Hopelijk ook 4 speler co-op.

17. iMark 007

iMark 007 Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    De films zijn wel leuk, vooral het eind van deel 1 met de Stay Puft Marsmallow Man (zoiets). Het is een aardig concept voor een videogame. Een beetje goed uitgewerkt kan het best een succes worden

18. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    Artwork + Boxshot
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    Joystiq impressions: Ghostbusters (360/PS3/Wii)

[​IMG]
    Ghostbusters is one of those nerdy properties that when reissued, will never please all of its fans. Even in a brief demo with a few other writers, questions -- and follow-ups -- circled around "crossing the streams" and even geekier topics. I'm not at that level of spirit-stopping enthusiast, but I'm cautious about the new version, probably because it shows so much promise. I hate to get behind something, especially a beloved property, only to see it crumble.

The Ghostbusters animation, graphics, settings, and physics look great. The original cast has reassembled to record for this game. It's even being written by Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis. But the biggest thing I didn't see was that story, and that narrative is an important part of Ghostbusters. We'll find out how well the script and setting hold up with its October, 2008 release.

In 1991, set two years after the second Ghostbusters movie, those demons are causing problems in New York again. Your character answers the call to become the fifth Ghostbuster, working with the original team of paranormal investigators.

The gameplay unfolds in a third-person perspective, and it seems like your character will be deliberately generic, with the focus on the old team. (You can't even adjust his appearance.) Instead, the demo led us through a moody office building, with Peter Venkman tossing back exposition and one-liners.

The lighting and shadow effects were subtly detailed, setting the tone. We walked near the top of the tower, along a row of windows. Gloomy beams of light streamed in, with the building's internal lighting mostly off. Stay Puft smiled down from outside as we rounded a corner.

The proton pack effects looked powerful. We blasted Stay Puft a few times in the chin, with the wild, bright beams oscillating all over the screen. His face turned hot-red, then scarred black like a toasted marshmallow.

The demo then jumped to a point up on the roof, where we needed to trap the ghosts of dead construction workers. The single-player story relies on AI teammate help; two characters can wrangle ghosts easier than one. The scene was chaotic, with the Ghostbusters causing incidental damage to all of their surroundings, essentially destroying the setting in the process of trapping the ghosts.

The game's proprietary physics and graphics engines were designed for this sort of demolition. In another demonstration, I saw how piles of books interacted with a flooded basement. The character walked through the bobbing objects, leaving a realistic wake that scattered them apart. Both the water and the animation looked impressive, but the books became overwhelming when they levitated and swirled into a hunched-over golem. Ghostbusters will have in-game moments where the items you destroy can reassemble into new foes.

In another physics demo, I saw one of the new ghost hunting weapons. Gamers rely on the proton pack, but the new slime gun looked both entertaining and useful. Each trajectory requires two points. We shot one at the ceiling first, leaving a long cable of slime back to the gun. Then I saw the effect of shooting items with the other end. After hitting a car with the other end, the slime contracted, straining and hoisting the car near the ceiling. Smaller objects flew straight up.

Object chains added more creativity. After a car was stuck, I saw how new slime tethers could connect even more automobiles, all swinging and bobbing with each addition. After about thirty seconds, the slime wore apart, releasing the items. I'm not sure how those tethers will be useful in the game, but developers talked about creating mines by shooting two ends of the slime together. Ghosts will get trapped when floating nearby.

The demonstration stuck with single-player modes, but Ghostbusters will include a few multiplayer games. For the PS3 and 360, up to four gamers will work together on missions specially designed for a group and unrelated to the main story. Additionally, another scenerio will let two people play ghosts and two play ghostbusters, although I couldn't get any more details. These multiplayer games will connect online and not support split-screen.

Wii gamers will be able to play with four-player split-screen. And they'll control the proton beam with the Wii Remote. (The PS3 game will let players stun ghosts by slamming them into a wall with a quick shake, but further motion controls weren't disclosed.)

I'm cautious in my Ghostbusters assessment because the story will be a central component, and I have no sense of it after this sort of demo. If this were a generic ghost-catching game, I'd already be won over by the excellent physics and setting. But this is a revered franchise.

After focus-testing new Ghostbusters songs, the team has committed to using the Ray Parker Jr. original. So it sounds like the key decisions are being made correctly.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Fardo

Fardo Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Jammer dat deze game geen splitscreen mode heeft. Anders was het op zich wel grappig geweest voor een mini-lan

Deel Deze Pagina