[XOne] Dragon's Dogma

Discussie in 'Games' gestart door DulleNL, 12 apr 2011.

Topicstatus:
Niet open voor verdere reacties.
  1. DulleNL

DulleNL I'm a little teapot Magic Member

Leuk Bevonden:

[​IMG]
    Voor de mensen die de game spelen: We hebben HIER een Google Docs document aangemaakt wat iedereen kan aanpassen. Waarom? Omdat in dat bestand alle namen/vocations/levels van onze Pawns staan (incl de gamertag van de eigenaar). Speel je de game ook en wil je dat je Pawn er ook tussen komt te staan? Nou, daarom kan iedereen het aanpassen; zet hem of haar er zelf even tussen!

Wat heb je hieraan?
    Misschien ben je op zoek naar een goede Strider om je party aan te vullen? Kijk in dat bestand of er iemand op XBW is die een Strider heeft. Voeg hem of haar dan toe, en je kunt de Pawn gaan gebruiken (zou natuurlijk wel zo netjes zijn als je het even in het topic zegt als je iemand toevoegt. Niet iedereen kan het waarderen als ie random friendrequests krijgt)

Zie het dus als een virtueel boodschappenlijstje. Ofzo.

Kies Emma!​

Informatie | Screenshots | Trailers | Achievements | Boxart | Officiële website | Opmerkingen

Downloads

[​IMG]

Platforms
    Xbox 360 | PS3
    ~
    Uitgever
    Capcom
    ~
    Developer
    Capcom
    ~
    Genre
    RPG
    ~
    Release datum
    Mei 2012​

[​IMG]

Dragon's Dogma is a fantastical open-world combat game which will see players fight a whole bestiary full of mythological creatures, including goblins, griffins, and hydras. Players will lead a party of three, which, judging by an early trailer for the game, will include an archer and warrior class of some sort. Players will control their primary character while their companions engage in independent action based on their experiences.

Details were thin on the overall plot of Dragon's Dogma, other than it will concern the "epic" quest to track down and slay an infamous dragon. However, Capcom did say that the game would feature hundreds of fully voiced non-player characters.

As for gameplay, Capcom said that it would be combat-focused, with an emphasis on players' reactions to foes' attacks. Also important will be the detail makeup of items, with weight and material playing a crucial role. The game will be based on Capcom's MT Framework and sport lighting effects and graphics similar to those seen in Lost Planet 2 and Resident Evil 5.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Assassin

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fighter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mage

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Magic Archer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mystic Knight

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ranger

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorcerer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Strider

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Warrior

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ziet er best awesome-achtig uit. :D En een nieuwe IP is altijd +++
    En Open World!
    En een RPG!

Don't screw this up Capgod. Het wordt tijd dat er eens een challenger komt voor Skyrim! ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bij een game als deze kun je natuurlijk wel wat downloads verwachten. Hier probeer ik een beetje bij te houden wat er te krijgen is.​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Dragon's Dogma Demo
    Bestandsgrootte: 1.50 GB

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• From a Different Sky - Part 1 | 80 (P)
      [​IMG]

• From a Different Sky - Part 2 | 80 (P)
      [​IMG]

• A Coiffure You Can't Refuse | 160 (P)
      [​IMG]

• Weapon Pack: the Monster Hunter | 240 (P)
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Laatst bewerkt: 29 mei 2012
  2. Gakkie

Gakkie Black Queen

Leuk Bevonden:
    Mja, ik heb Capcom niet zo hoog zitten, dus voorlopig ben ik erg sceptisch over deze titel. Maar algemeen geldt wel hoe meer open world RPG's hoe beter :D

3. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    Previewtje:
    [SPOILER1]

Dragon's Dogma

Capcom Tackles Open-World RPGs With Dragon's Dogma

[​IMG]
    Capcom is known for being a risk-taker among Japanese publishers, but the newly announced Dragon’s Dogma is pushing the company out of its comfort zone even further. The RPG blends party management and action with an ambitiously large open-world setting and impressive boss encounters. I was able to play through one such encounter, against a griffin.

There wasn’t much context to the demo, aside from knowing that players start the game off after having their heart stolen by a dragon. The dragon then instructs players to follow a series of quests. That’s all I knew as my party of four descended a hill toward a cluster of goblins. They’ve either killed a large animal or stumbled upon its corpse, and they’re celebrating the occasion with dancing and hooting. Unfortunately, the festivities are about to come to a brutal end.

My AI companions (or pawns, as Capcom calls them) begin the attack, with melee fighters closing in and bashing the goblins with swords. Meanwhile, the mage holds back, taking on a supporting role. As a strider, my character is equipped with a bow and daggers. I fire off a few arrows before moving in for a more personal attack. My character is equipped with a few specialized dagger skills, such as one that propels me closer to a targeted enemy and another than lets me unleash a volley of quick slashes. The goblins are weak, and they fall quickly. A few times, my teammates manage to grab an enemy from behind, temporarily incapacitating it. They signal for me to finish them off, which I do with a slow-motion flourish.

Even though I’m playing the game by myself, the constant chatter and feedback from my companions makes it feel as though I’m accompanied by a competent party. “They’ll learn things during the fight; they may figure out its weak point before you or figure out what types of weapons work better against it,” says Hiroyuki Kobayashi, the game’s producer. “They’ll pass that information to you.”

I get a better sense of that when we’re attacked by a massive griffin. It circles above, and one of the pawns tells me to look overhead. Pressing the circle button on the PS3 controller focuses the camera in on such points of interest. The creature swoops down, knocking a few of the pawns over in its wake. It circles back and then hovers. Realizing a potential vulnerability, the mage buffs my weapons with a fire enhancement, which makes my arrows particularly effective against its feathery head. A few arrows later, and the griffin skids to the ground, writhing in pain.

[​IMG]

As I rush in and slash at its feathery crest with my blade, its snowy white crest becomes increasingly disheveled and bloody. Eventually it rises up, stomping at nearby attackers with its fearsome claws and snapping with its beak. We pull back, and the mage begins a round of healing spells. While I can use the d-pad to issue general commands such as “help” “attack” or “come here,” the pawns seem to be doing a great job by themselves. When one gets knocked down, it calls for help and a nearby ally stops what he was doing and revives his fallen partner.

The griffin begins its hovering cycle again, but this time a pawn positions herself beneath the monster. Braving the gusts generated by the flapping wings, she calls to me and says I should use her to jump onto the beast. I follow her advice, and I’m soon scrambling up its leg, onto its back, and then finally near its neck. From there, I pound on the gryphon with my daggers. Capcom says that these climbing elements are going to be a large part of the game’s action.

“There’s no set point where you can grab and climb up onto these big bosses,” says Kobayashi. “You can grab them anywhere they have an appendage thrown out. A lot of action games where they do big boss fights, a lot of times they’ll only let you attack the shins or the ankles of the boss. They don’t really give you the feel of the size of that creature. So we’ve made it so you can climb up anywhere and attack any part of their body.”

After getting in a few more stabs, I drop down and pull out my bow. Once again, I’m given a fire buff and I use a specialized bow attack, which creates a raining fusillade of arrows. That’s enough to knock the griffin down for the last time. With only a sliver of health remaining, I rush in and finish it off with a few flourishing blows.

I played the demo a few more times after that, and it was surprising to see how much variety the battle offered. I tried things like using goblin corpses to lure the beast to certain areas, and even took a support role myself as the pawns took over. Parts of the game are a little rough still—some of the audio clips are repeated a bit too frequently, for instance—but it’s definitely an ambitious project that shows some very real potential.
    [/SPOILER1]

Impressie:
    [SPOILER1]

IMPRESSIONS:

Dragon's Dogma

Director: Hideaki Itsuno

Dragon's Dogma has the largest development team in Capcom history. The game is fully open-world, but has a main line story you can choose to follow or you can opt to explore at your own pace. Not much was divulged about the story itself, but it does have to do with an ancient sleeping dragon choosing a warrior to be his servent, and thus you must embark on a quest to see the dragon's will done.

You can choose between three classes: Strider (think ranger) a mage, or a fighter. You hit the field and will receive objectives and sidequests and can try and complete them alone, but you are best to recruit "pawns" to your cause. You can meet any NPC in towns or out in the wilderness and have them be AI controlled team mates who will greatly assist you in taking down mythological monsters (Griffons, Hydras) or raiding a temple or saving villagers, etc.

The gameplay is fast and action-orientated, but there is lots of strategy and RPG elements under the hood. In the playable demo, you can only choose the strider, where you have a light attack, strong attack and one special move for each, in this case, daggers. You also have a ranged attack (bow and arrow) and most interesting of all, a "grab button".

In the demo, you must kill a massive eagle headed griffon, and this is where the grab button comes in handy. You can choose to fight the griffon while it's flying in the air, you hack at it when it's on the ground, but you can also grab onto the griffon from any angle you want, beak, tail, legs, then proceed to hack at it until it throws you off, or comes crashing to the ground.

Meanwhile, your fighter and mage companions can help you in various ways, the mage can imbue your daggers or arrows with fire, which will be able to set the griffon ablaze, if this happens while the griffon is airborn, his feathers will burn up, and he'll come crashing down in spectacular fashion.

The fighter meanwhile, can call to you, and let you know they will give you a boost by holding out their arms. The will then catapult you into the sky, where you can grab onto the griffon in mid-flight. Awesome stuff.

Smaller enemies, such as goblins will also join in on the battle, and pester you while the griffon flies overhead and tries to dive bomb the entire party. Once you get the griffon down to the ground, you have to work hard to slay it while it's there, less it take to the skies again. Once dead however, the griffon will be covered in blood, and it's feathers will be ripped and torn, you really feel like you just barely won an epic battle.

The sound track is fully orchestrated, and amazing, think Shadow of the Colossus, but even more bombastic.

Graphically, the game is amazing, draw distances to die for, tons of dust/rocks debris shooting all over the place when the griffon comes crashing down...

One of the most awe-inspiring sights, was when the griffon was hovering in front of the sun, waiting to attack your party, every individual sunbeam was poking through the folds of it's feathers, making it look like the most majestic fucking creature ever.
    [/SPOILER1]

4. Modder-Eter

Modder-Eter XBW.nl VIP XBW.nl VIP

Leuk Bevonden:
    Niet nog een, he? :+

Ik zet mijn geld op The Witcher 2, maar ik ben biased. :cool:

En Japanners die WRPG's maken? What's next? Bioware die een JRPG gaat maken? 8)

5. PowerLines

PowerLines #Lemonade

Leuk Bevonden:
    Count me in als het wat weg heeft van Monster Hunter. Ik heb altijd al zo een spel willen proberen.

E: De trailer ziet er sweet uit!

Laatst bewerkt: 12 apr 2011
  6. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    The Witcher 2 is (nog) niet bevestigd voor consoles, dus daar ga ik nog geen geld op inzetten. :+

Maar uit al die RPG's die eraan zitten te komen moet er op zijn minst toch 1 goede tussen zitten? Toch...? :'-(
    Kingdoms of Amular
    Risen 2
    Skyrim (duh, die is goed)
    Two Worlds III
    Dragon's Dogma

Nog iets?

edit: Bioware JRPG? Hopelijk niet. Al erg genoeg dat ze een MMO gaan maken. :p

7. Zifnap

Zifnap Koehl en gecollecteerd

Leuk Bevonden:
    Had je het nieuws nog niet gehoord? De volgende Dragon Age heeft zelfs MP features... deel 4 wordt waarschijnlijk een MMORPG.

8. Delphiki

Delphiki Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Een RPG van de makers van DMC,... colour me intrigued

9. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    wtf?:mad:
    DAII was dus gelijk mijn laatste.

Of III moet echt epic worden. Maar de MMO laat ik 100% zeker schieten. Fuck off Bioware. Ooit waren jullie cool, maar nu...

10. Zifnap

Leuk Bevonden:
    Alles om meer kopers aan te spreken toch? WoW brengt nu eenmaal veel geld in het laadje. De opmerking over deel 4 was natuurlijk overdreven, maar ik zal het persbericht over het aankomende deel in de DA2 topic plakken. Bioware is nog steeds ontzettend "trots" op hun game. :D

Vette trailer trouwens. Deze hou ik in de gaten. Capdom maakt alleen vaak games die qua besturing vaak erg... houterig en beperkt aanvoelen. Ook keuzes m.b.t. gameplay elementen voelen niet altijd lekker vlot aan. Ben benieuwd hoe deze game gaat spelen.

11. Delphiki

Delphiki Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Don't believe the hype :+

Enige wat Bioware gezegd heeft is dat een MMORPG in het Mass Effect universum wel erg cool zou zijn.

Maar al dat soort verhalen kun je meteen vergeten als Old Republic geen mega-hit word

En DA is wel de laatste franchise die dan aan de beurt is. De setting al te vaak gedaan in een MMO. Daar breek je geen potten meer mee

dat is niet helemaal waar, tuurlijk heb je de mindere voorbeelden zoals RE en DMC met hun statische camera's en lastig te besturen characters , maar met bijv Lost Planet heeft capcom lang geleden al laten zien dat ze ook best een actie game met een meer westerse traditionele 3rd person besturing kunnen maken

12. Zifnap

Leuk Bevonden:
    I'm SO hyped, hou me tegen! :D

Capcom wordt mijn nieuwe bastion en laatste hoop voor RPGs! >_<

13. MAD 1976

MAD 1976 Useless info here...

Leuk Bevonden:
    Misschien moet je effe wat meer info afwachten voordat je ze meteen afkaffert? :x

14. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    Nee. Ik mag toch mijn onvrede uiten over het idee? :confused: Weten ze gelijk dat ze er niet iedereen happy mee maken.

En DAII geeft me tot nu toe niet veel reden om ze het voordeel van de twijfel te geven.

15. Fiasco

Fiasco Big Stepper XBW.nl VIP

Leuk Bevonden:
    MMORPG in het Mass Effect universum klinkt juist tof, lekker als Volus of Hanar rondlopen. Alles is mogelijk in het ME universum. Dikke third person shooter/adventure als Krogan in de Krogan Wars! Wat ze met DA gaan doen zal me geen reet uitmaken, DA2 was toch zwaar minder dan deel 1.

Oh en over Dragon's Dogam. Care, ik kwam hier om te praten over ME. :+

16. Peter_Aragorn

Peter_Aragorn Peter AragornNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ik moet zeggen dat ik hier wel hyped van wordt! Nee zonder gein: kan best wel eens wat worden!

17. Willem

Willem Obi-Willem XBW.nl Bestuur

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ik vind het er maar suf uitzien eigenlijk... denk dat ik hier een demo van móet spelen voordat ik weet of het wat voor mij is.

18. LocKuM

LocKuM Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Volgens mij was deze nog niet voorbij geweest:
    [yt]rPuOcOFIJJ4[/yt]
    De trailer was nogal hectish, en hoewel het er goed uitzag was ik er niet door overdonderd, deze gameplay laat een betere indruk achter. Ben benieuwd hoeveel RPG elementen het heeft en of het gewoon een mash happy game word, denk aan Fable of God of War. Heb liever een wat diepere fighting engine zoals DMC of NG waar ondanks je kan mashen het meer openstaat om te experimenteren.

19. Sasuke26

Sasuke26 Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ben echt gek van de DMC games maar de eerste trailer heeft me tot nu toe nog niet overtuigt.

20. MAD 1976

MAD 1976 Useless info here...

Leuk Bevonden:
    Natuurlijk mag je dat, NL is een vrij land, maar ik vind het gewoon raar dat je Bioware al afschrijft terwijl er nog niets zeker is.

Misschien maken ze een aparte game ervan.
    Vind het gewoon raar dat een volwassen iemand zo reageert op iets wat niet zeker is over hoe of wat ze gaan doen......

Maar goed, sorry voor de offtopic, want dit hoort hier natuurlijk eigenlijk niet thuis!

Topicstatus:
Niet open voor verdere reacties.

Deel Deze Pagina