1. Deze website gebruikt cookies. Door deze website verder te gebruiken, gaat u akkoord met ons gebruik van cookies. Leer Meer.

[XOne] Lollipop Chainsaw

Discussie in 'Games' gestart door DulleNL, 20 jul 2011.

1. DulleNL

DulleNL I'm a little teapot Magic Member

Leuk Bevonden:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Platforms
    Xbox 360 | PS3
    ~
    Uitgever
    Warner Bros Interactive
    ~
    Developer
    Grasshopper Manufacture
    ~
    Genre
    Hack Slash
    ~
    Release datum
    15 Juni 2012

[​IMG]

1. Zombies first appear in Juliet's school on her 18th birthday. Don't worry -- it's totally okay to take a peek!

2. Juliet is a cheerleader at her school.

3. Juliet's school, San Romero Highschool, is located on the West Coast (that would be of America, I believe) and is the largest school in the region.

4. Juliet's chainsaw is full of pink because pink is her favorite color.

5. By reaching certain conditions you can make Juliet's chainsaw power up, gaining new skills.)

Lollipop Chainsaw, an Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 title first announced in this week's issue of Famitsu magazine in Japan, stars a girl named Juliet Starling who, on the occasion of her 18th birthday, is on her way to San Romero High School to meet up with her boyfriend. Instead, she finds the place infested with zombie-fied versions of her classmates. It should be obvious by the game's title what comes next.

"Actually I've wanted to do a crazy horror-action game like this set in a school for a while now," Suda commented. "Something where the classrooms, corridors, gymnasium and so on are suddenly transformed into something completely different. I was also working on a game concept centered around using a chainsaw as a weapon, and once the idea for the Juliet character began to form, it was just a perfect fit."

Despite the premise, Lollipop isn't a particularly gory game -- instead, the visual design is meant to play up the cute 'pop' aspect of the title. "Instead of sprays of blood, we have the zombies emitting bursts of pink light," Suda said. "When it comes to gore, we can certainly go that way if we want, but we wanted to give the game more of a 'pop' feel."

"Since Juliet's a cheerleader, there's going to be action moves that take advantage of her cheerleading skills," added Yoshimi Yasuda, president of Lollipop publisher Kadokawa Games. "There are other ways to attack outside of the chainsaw, too, and part of the fun is figuring out which move to use at which time."

Like with the rest of Grasshopper's titles, famed game musician Akira Yamaoka is heading up the sound staff. "We're putting a lot of effort into the soundtrack, definitely," commented Suda. "Part of the reason we established Grasshopper in the first place was so we could work on every part of a game in-house, and we treat sound especially importantly in this outfit. The sound team for Lollipop is led by Yamaoka and they're working on a whole array of pop tunes right now. Part of the gameplay might involve sound as well, although exactly how we're still keeping a secret."

No release date was given for Lollipop Chainsaw, which (according to Yasuda) already has an overseas publisher committed to releasing the game in English, although he didn't reveal who. "The game's framework is complete, and now we're deep into the fine-tuning process," Suda said. "I'd place it at around 70 percent complete. It's really a new era for zombie games -- a piece of 'pop' zombie entertainment."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ha, awesome. :D Nog een vrij lege startpost, maar kom op, dit kan niks anders dan awesome worden. :lol: En al wordt het niet awesome, dan is het op zijn minst nog vrij uniek/een nieuwe IP. Het verdient dus een kans om wat aandacht te krijgen naast alle FPSjes van tegenwoordig.

Ik hoop iig voor Suda51 dat deze beter zal verkopen dan Shadows of the Damned. :'-( (al moet ik die zelf ook nog kopen, maar de cijfers waren behoorlijk dramatisch)

[​IMG]

Laatst bewerkt: 13 jun 2012
  2. Nightbringer

Nightbringer Wieder geil! XBW.nl VIP

Leuk Bevonden:
    En maar denken dat Shadows of the Damned een gekke game was....

Damn, dit lijkt me wel vet.

Hopelijk wordt hij ook stukken beter dan Shadows of the Damned. (review is bijna af)

3. Tyspolir

Tyspolir Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Cijfers van shadow of the damned zijn toch behoorlijk positief? Veel zevens en achten...

Ik heb 'm ook nog niet gekocht, maar ik ga 'm nog zeker halen als ie wat goedkoper wordt.

4. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    Verkoopcijfers bedoel ik.

5. Delphiki

Delphiki Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Verkoopcijfers zijn verschrikkelijk slecht. Maar dat zegt niet alles.

Child of Eden verkoopt ook verschrikkelijk slecht (zo slecht dat de PS3 versie nu voor 19,99 Pond gelanceerd word)

En Vanquish heeft ook totaal niet goed verkocht terwijl dat misschien wel de beste 3rd person shooter van de afgelopen 2 jaar was...

Weet nog niet wat ik hiervan moet denken. Zombies zijn niet bepaald vernieuwend of origineel te noemen. Wil eerst wel eens wat gameplay zien. Mijn indruk van Suda51 games is dat het vaak voor 80% om het design draait en maar 20% om de gameplay

6. gamehell01

gamehell01 PomO

Leuk Bevonden:
    Lijkt me wel vet, maar hoop alleen dat hij niet te 'girly' wordt...
    De dingen die ik zie zien er verder niet slecht uit maar er is zotezien ook nog niet zoveel bekend.....

7. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    Oh, maar ik zeg toch ook niet dat het wat zegt over de kwaliteit van de games?
    Ik vind het gewoon zonde voor Suda dat zijn vorige games, die allemaal best goed waren, zo crappy hebben verkocht.

8. Coentjuh

Coentjuh Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Dead Rising a la female?

9. Gakkie

Gakkie Black Queen

Leuk Bevonden:
    Next!

:cool:

10. Modder-Eter

Modder-Eter XBW.nl VIP XBW.nl VIP

Leuk Bevonden:
    Het is ook wel echt een typische Grasshopper game. Lijkt echt enorm op No More Heroes.

11. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    [​IMG]

12. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
  13. Metal Mark

Metal Mark VIP Dino XBW.nl VIP

Leuk Bevonden:
    Lol serieus..WTF :+

14. iMark 007

iMark 007 Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Dat denk ik dus ook. Het ziet er grappig uit. Maar als het niet verder gaat dan een beetje hack and slash actie, dan zie ik het mezelf niet spelen. Maar ja, hetzelfde dacht ik ook van Catherine. Daar heb ik me ook prima mee vermaakt. Zijn wel verschillende spellen, maar allebei typisch Japans qua design.

15. SHiZ NL

SHiZ NL Active Assassin

Leuk Bevonden:
    Whahha wat een game, grappig idee maar denk niet dat het een topper zal worden :)

16. Tco

Tco The Chosen One

Leuk Bevonden:
    Dit wordt een full retail game? :+
    Maybe... ooit.... eerst reviews... :p

17. PePzi NL

PePzi NL Ōkami! XBW.nl VIP

Leuk Bevonden:
    Hahaha awesome dit :lol: Ben heel erg benieuwd :D Al iets van een releasedatum bekend? Zal wel eind 2012 op z'n vroegst worden he...

18. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    Volgens mij is er buiten '2012' nog niks bekend over de release.

19. Kevf

Kevf Hardcore poster

Leuk Bevonden:
  20. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:

Deel Deze Pagina