Tony Hawk project 8

Discussie in 'Algemeen' gestart door eddyfever, 10 mei 2006.

1. Danny-DH

Danny-DH Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Vallen ziet er alleen wel heel erg nep uit, je vliegt overal heen!

2. karf

karf Real Fake Blood

Leuk Bevonden:
    Waarom zou je THP8 kopen? Hier heb je 8 redenen.

1. Nail the Trick
    Nail the Trick first came off to me as gimmicky and unnecessary but now that I’ve tried it I can confidently say that it’s not just another gimmick. It might not be the best way to improve your scores but it’s a nice break from the fast pace of the game. Besides, it feels natural it and it has a realistic feel to it. I’m not saying that it comes close to the real thing but having to put down your left leg and then holding it there to release it when the grip tape is pointing up again to do a kick flip sure is more ‘realistic’ than just hitting left + X. Way better than that Create a Trick thing they introduced in Tony Hawk’s Underground.

2. Visuals
    Contrary to Tony Hawk’s American Wasteland, Tony Hawk’s Project 8 has next-gen worthy graphics. Neversoft really has outdone themselves with great textures, awesome animations, a nice draw distance and a butter smooth framerate to boot. It might not be in the same league as Gears of War but it’s easy on the eyes. Especially the overbright effect used in the Focus and Nail the Trick modes look great. Too bad the bail physics are kinda quirky.

3. No more Jackass or corky 80’s stuff
    Finally Neversoft got some sense in them and ripped out all the over-the-top Jackass stuff and they didn’t even replace it with a forced ‘punk’ image. Sure Bam Margera is still on the roster but the demo indicates that we won’t get ‘throw tomatoes at bystanders’. I’ve been longing for a ‘normal’ Tony Hawk game ever since THPS4 and it looks as though we’re finally going to get it. The story line revolves about you trying to make it into Tony Hawk’s ‘Project 8’, nothing silly, just you making it up to the ladder, trying to land a spot among the best 8 skaters in town.

4. Xbox Live
    Sure it’s not the first Tony Hawk game to have Live support but I never had Live on the original Xbox and I didn’t bother with the crappy American Wasteland port so this will be the first time I play THPS on Live. I can’t wait to play some Graffiti with 7 buddies. Also, the game has 100 leaderboards. I spent most of my time in the demo to try to get on the Highest Combo leaderboard and I can’t wait to see what other leaderboards the game has in store.

5. Angel of Death
    I consider the THPS2 soundtrack to be the best soundtrack in a video game ever. It introduced me to bands as Lagwagon and Millencolin, bands that changed my taste in music forever. After THPS2 the soundtracks got kinda lame, THPS3 had Redman and to make it even worse Neversoft got bands as My Chemical Romance and the rest of the Vagrant Records roster to butcher awesome bands such as Gorilla Biscuits, Minor Threat and Bad Brains on the American Wasteland soundtrack. The THP8 might not be as good as THPS2’s but having Slayer’s Angel of Death makes it a damn good competitor.

6. Line-up
    Not only does THP8 have 11 pro skaters including personal favourites such as THPS veteran Rodney Mullen and Daewon Song, Neversoft also included 100 real amateur skaters. Neversoft put their new motion capturing studio to good use by capturing 45 skaters. And the motion capture data isn’t just used to make the game look awesome, you can also view about 50 tricks done by real pro’s in the Pro Trick mode. You can speed up, slow down and view the tricks from every angle as you desire.

7. Replayability
    First of all the game has over 200 goals, most of them are can be completed in Amateur, Pro and Sick difficulty. Then there’s ‘Spot Challenges’ scattered, challenging you to grind/manual/jump a certain a certain distance, also with Amateur, Pro and Sick ranks. If that’s not enough then you can impress bystanders by doing tricks in front of them to earn you ‘Stokens’. Stokens can be used to buy certain items with, probably clothing, special moves, and the aforementioned Pro Tricks.

8. It’s huge
    Neversoft finally did what they promised to do in American Wasteland. Where American Wasteland had stupid corridors you had to skate through to get from one area to the next, THP8 has a huge open streaming world, not unlike games as GTA. Don’t tell me you weren’t impressed when the camera panned out at the end of the demo. The areas will consist of areas from earlier THPS games.

3. meteorwings

meteorwings Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    weet iemand, waar de gap '' snake charmer '' zit in de demo??? dat is de enige die ik niet kan vinden

4. Juunanagou

Juunanagou Live streamer XBW.nl VIP

Leuk Bevonden:
    Wanneer is nou de officiele release date in Nederland? Want overal staat die nog steeds voor ergens in November of Kwartaal 4 maar nergens de preciese datum. :eek:

5. meteorwings

Leuk Bevonden:
    denk 17 november..

6. Cheeks91

Cheeks91 Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    ja 17 november staat hier op de site

7. McSparkle

McSparkle Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Echt he-le-maal mee eens. Op die soundtracks na, deze vond ik in vrijwel alle games "goed".

In de demo is het gevoel uit deel 1 t/m 4 weer helemaal terug, maar nu 10 keer beter.

En ik was zeker "impressed" toen de demo voor de allereerste keer afsloot met het uitzoomen van de camera! _O_

/Edit: Deze game gaat mij waarschijnlijk eindelijk is de doorslag geven om een 360 aan te schaffen :9 K'heb tenslotte alle delen origineel op een rijtje staan in me kast. Dus deze kan ik ook niet missen :+

Laatst bewerkt: 6 nov 2006
  8. blok0672

blok0672 Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Hallo,eerste post

volgens deze gozer op ebay (excuses als een link niet mag)
    http://cgi.ebay.nl/Xbox-360-Game-To...QQihZ018QQcategoryZ112847QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

This game is 'W' coded which means it can be played on any region console.

All games including box and instruction manual is in English.

GUARANTEE: WE GUARANTEE YOU THAT THIS GAME IS REGION FREE ( W CODE ). IT CAN BE PLAYED ON ANY XBOX 360 REGION CONSOLE OR ELSE YOUR MONEY BACK!

Regio vrij dus volgens hem
    weet iemand hier meer van ?

Ik heb de gok vandaag genomen en m besteld bij play-asia

9. St33lo

St33lo Pog Me Hon

Leuk Bevonden:
    Hij is inderdaad regio-vrij, aantal Amerikanen hebben hem al :'-(

Ik wil hem ook

10. cjpunt

cjpunt Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    zijn er al reviews?

11. ramon0598

ramon0598 Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
  12. cjpunt

cjpunt Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ook IGN heeft m gereviewed... een 7.8... Beetje teleurstellend toch...

13. The Crow

The Crow Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Hmm...uiteenlopende cijfers...ben benieuwd naar het uiteindelijke cijfer.

14. eddyfever

eddyfever Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    nou kijk wat ign zegt op het einde is wel terrecht, "om een next gen ranking te krijgen moet een game vernieuwend zijn" Blijkbaar is dit gewoon een oldsschool tony hawk + nail the trick - "nieuwe levels" - custom dingen.
    Eerlijk gezegt ben ik ook wel teleurgesteld als ik die review zo hoor.

15. meteorwings

Leuk Bevonden:
    edit// 17 november dus..

Laatst bewerkt: 10 nov 2006
  16. The Crow

The Crow Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Op GameTrailers.com staat een 'Tony Hawks Project 8 - Review'

Normaal | HD

17. Eelceau

Eelceau Chilled Beer

Leuk Bevonden:
  18. Burt Macklin

Burt Macklin Formerly Known As

Leuk Bevonden:
    Gaaf! :cool:

Dat wordt een hele lastige keuze aankomende week.
    Gears of War of Project 8....

19. Daninho NL

Daninho NL 360

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ik ga voor allebei!

20. snike888

snike888 Tomatenpuree

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ligt het aan mij of is de 360 versie een heel stuk mooier?

Deel Deze Pagina