Prince of Persia

Discussie in 'Algemeen' gestart door f4TaLNL, 15 jan 2008.

1. Fiasco

Fiasco Big Stepper XBW.nl VIP

Leuk Bevonden:
    Een onvoldoende gekregen van Mirik :eek:, vind ik zelf te overdreven maar goed...

2. DulleNL

DulleNL I'm a little teapot Magic Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Pff.. wat weet Mirik nou van games... :+
    Het is maar zijn mening, en ook niet meer dan dat. Ik vind de game geweldig. _O_

3. Willem

Willem Obi-Willem XBW.nl Bestuur

Leuk Bevonden:
    Aye, las het in het redactieforum. Heb 'm zelf niet gespeeld, maar naar wat ik op het i-net lees had ik toch wel een voldoende verwacht. Ach, kan het nog altijd stiekem aanpassen. ;)

4. Hybrid

Hybrid Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Fiasco en Dulle moeten niet zo zeuren. Want Mirik heeft ze al een keer gematst met Viva Pinata game, want die game is toch slecht dat ik hem op me verjaardag na de winkel ben gelopen en alle exemplaren kapot geslagen heb met een stok.

5. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ik kan aannemen dat je Viva Piñata niet leuk vond?

6. Hybrid

Hybrid Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Scherp Dulle. ;)

7. Fiasco

Fiasco Big Stepper XBW.nl VIP

Leuk Bevonden:
    Nee je bent gewoon slecht Hybje, Viva Pinata is purrr.

Ik vond PoP erg vermakelijk in ieder geval, true het is op zich wel elke keer hetzelfde. Even springen, o een gast vermoorden, baas battle, healen, zaadjes zoeken en de volgende stuk grond. Maar op zich vond ik dat helemaal niet erg, was gewoon erg tof. Toch vond ik de oude PoP veel en veel beter uiteindelijk.

8. Ypuh

Ypuh Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ik vond PoP de leukste en mooiste game van 2008 na Fallout 3. Natuurlijk veel van hetzelfde, maar af en toe een puzzeltje, af en toe wat gekke sprongetjes. Een beetje humor en een getekende babe.

Ik geloof niet dat er binnenkort (of de afgelopen tijd) veel games beter zijn hoor!

Zeker de Gamehubs prijs waard (32€).

9. Symbiote RX

Symbiote RX New Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    vind het van de gekken dat we tegenwoordig iedere keer een spel uitkomt wat blijkbaar toch niet hellemaal af is en als je het verhaal dan veder wilt spelen je dan weer 800 of misschien wel weer 1200 punten voor moet dokken hebben we ook met tombraider underworld waar volgende maand ook weer een content voor komt wat eigenlijk gewoon nog in het spel hoorde

10. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    Nog maar een previewtje.
    Dit is volgens mij de eerste DLC die ik ga kopen voor een game. :9

[​IMG]
    Prince of Persia: Epilogue Hands-On
    It ain't over till it's over.

February 18, 2009 - SPOILER WARNING: The Epilogue DLC takes place immediately after the events of Prince of Persia. While there won't be any story spoilers for the DLC, it's impossible to discuss the Epilogue without revealing major events from the Prince of Persia storyline.

The first, and possibly only, Prince of Persia downloadable episode begins with a slap. When last we saw the Prince, he was bringing Elika back to life at the cost of freeing Ahriman. Prince of Persia: Epilogue begins almost immediately after these events with Elika showing her displeasure at the Prince's decision. Elika's not just upset, she's devastated. The lively princess is now all doom and gloom. You'd think coming back to life would be everything a girl could want, but Elika is focused on the end of the world. What a Debbie Downer.

The basics of Prince of Persia remain in Epilogue. The focus is again on platforming, though there are several boss battles. The difference is that the acrobatic sequences are more complex than in the retail version of POP and more challenging. The four traps from POP are back, though the tremors are most prevalent. There are few sequences that don't involve the tremors (the balls of corruption rolling up and down the walls).

Unlike POP, which only required you to time the initial trap to successfully navigate an acrobatic sequence, Epilogue forces you to look ahead at other traps down the line. This comes at a cost to the fluidity from the retail version. There are many times where you'll need to pause on a pole to time out the next series of traps. Many of the tremors overlap the ledges you shimmy across, making these once safe hanging moments very dangerous. The sequences are longer, which means that one mistake will send you further back in the level than in the retail version. For anyone who complained that POP was way too easy, the layout of Epilogue will at least give you some challenge. No, it's still not "hard," but it's definitely no longer easy.

The power plates make a return in the Epilogue, but are no longer used as a way of keeping the Prince and Elika out of certain areas. The Underground Palace mixes up the powers a bit, but the majority of plates are for a new power called Energize. This new Elika ability temporarily rebuilds destroyed structures. This really is the best of both worlds as Elika's power creates new walls for the Prince to run across, adding more acrobatic challenges throughout.

Of course, Prince of Persia isn't just about platforming. Ahriman is on the loose and he's really pissed off. But he's not powerful enough to wipe out the Prince and Elika just yet. Instead, he sends Elika's corrupted daddy and a new enemy, the Shapeshifter, to finish the duo off. The Shapeshifter is going to look awfully familiar. That's because it's both the Hunter and the Warrior. Not since Faye Dunaway cried out, "She's my sister and my daughter" has a dual identity been so sinister. The Shapeshifter changes between the two throughout your battle. Remember that the Warrior can't be harmed by physical attacks, so this change in personas also forces a change in your tactics. You'll need to back the Warrior towards the edge of a platform, knock him back to force him to change into the Hunter, whom you can damage.

The good news is that you have a new attack to lean on. The Sprint attack is used by rapidly tapping the acrobatics button when you have some distance from an enemy and have full health. The Prince charges at the enemy and then a button prompt appears. Hit it quickly and you'll deliver a stunning blow to your enemy. But be careful, because the enemies in the Epilogue can also use this attack (and will frequently).

Prince of Persia: Epilogue isn't particularly long, but is a nice addendum to a great game. Look for it to be available for download on PS3 and Xbox 360 on February 26. Pricing has yet to be announced, but cross your fingers that this is $5.

[​IMG]

Laatst bewerkt: 19 feb 2009
  11. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    De PS3 trophies voor de DLC zijn bekend gemaakt. Je kan er dus vanuit gaan dat dit ook de achievements worden:

Bronze

All the Frescos
    Reach all Ormazd's Frescos in the Epilogue

A Fresco of Light
    Reach one Ormazd's Fresco in the Epilogue

Bouncing From Here to There
    Complete the puzzle with rebound in the Epilogue

Leaving the Storm
    Complete the Epilogue

The Best Offence is Good Defence
    Defeat any enemy of the Epilogue by only starting a combo with a Deflect and Counter-Attack.

Change Once, Then Die
    In the Epilogue, defeat the Shapeshifter with only one shape change.

Silver

Born Dead
    Kill all the soldiers of the Epilogue before they spawn.

Secret

What Once was There
    First use of Energize in the Epilogue

I Only Need a Hand or Twenty
    Elika saves you fewer than 20 times in the whole Epilogue

No Time to Waste
    Complete the Epilogue in less than 2 hours

Dus samenvattend:

12. Ypuh

Ypuh Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Less than 2 hours.

13. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    Yup. Maar daar zal je dus voor moeten rushen, anders was het geen achievement.

Normaal gesproken zal het dus 3/4 uurtjes duren. Maar aangezien er nog geen prijs bekend is, is het natuurlijk moeilijk te zeggen of we worden afgezet. :+

14. Ypuh

Ypuh Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    De gewone game was ook relatief makkelijk in de 12 uur te finishen, tenzij je ook light seeds ging zoeken.

Ik wil de game niet afkraken, verre van zelfs. Op Fallout 3 na, vond ik het de meest vermakelijke game van 2008. Maar weer €10,- (800MSP) neerknallen voor 2 uur gameplay, gaat me iets te ver. Toch zal ik het waarschijnlijk wel weer doen, net als dat ik de DLC's van Fallout en Halo altijd braaf zal gaan downloaden.

15. xerofox

xerofox were given today

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ik verwacht eerlijk gezegd dat de DLC gewoon 2,5uur zal duren, voor de snelle spelers is 2uur makkelijk te doen in de eerste playthrough.

16. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ik ga er expres heel lang over doen. Dan 'moet' ik het wel 2 keer uitspelen, dus heb ik meer waar voor mijn geld. :+

Kunstmatig de speelduur verlengen ftw. :cool:

17. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    Laatst bewerkt: 25 feb 2009
  18. EXCEDO

EXCEDO :)

Leuk Bevonden:
  19. Daz

Daz

Leuk Bevonden:
    Dat wordt dan geen volgende week voor jou Dulle, jammer.

20. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    Hoezo? Ga ik deze week dood? 8)

edit: Mja, de prijs is op zijn minst bekend gemaakt.
    800 punten. Ik had nog 1300 over, dus an kan ik gaan kijken wat ik met de rest doe. :9

Laatst bewerkt: 26 feb 2009

Deel Deze Pagina