DJ Hero

Discussie in 'Algemeen' gestart door DulleNL, 19 mei 2009.

1. Modder-Eter

Modder-Eter XBW.nl VIP XBW.nl VIP

Leuk Bevonden:
    Die Daft Punk tracks zijn gewoon vet. Waarom komt ie niet al deze week? :mad:

2. XxTopgear360

XxTopgear360 Hasta la Vista

Leuk Bevonden:
    iid lekker voor de vakantie, maar ik had het nog gevraagd bij de BS of ik die 15% korting mocht gebruiken voor die pre order maar dat mocht niet

Trouwens die Paul van Dyk/Sandy is ook wel lekker

3. hayabusa halo

hayabusa halo Half-shark, half-man, skin like alligator

Leuk Bevonden:
    BDP + Public enemy _O_

4. XxTopgear360

Leuk Bevonden:
    morgen maar even naar de Game mania en Dj Hero bestellen voor €50,- + 2 games kan niet wachten :)

5. DulleNL

DulleNL I'm a little teapot Magic Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Is dat de nieuwe actie van GM? :eek:

No-Fail DJ Hero Is Easier And Harder Than Expected

[​IMG]Failure is not possible in Activision's turntable riff on Guitar Hero, but I saw last night how tough — and strategic — playing the game can be.

DJ Hero was available to play in a SoHo Manhattan gallery as part of an Activision and Microsoft-backed evening event for this multi-platform game.

After I arrived, I headed to a press couch in the back of the gallery, past a real DJ who had played real records loudly enough to already prompt one noise complaint from the neighbors.

At the press couch, I played the game on Easy. A mash-up of Vanilla Ice and M.C. Hammer was selected. The game's three-lane note highway began scrolling down the TV screen. Sitting with the game's turntable controller on my lap, I had to press one of three buttons on the spinnable record part of the device, in sync with the colored icons sliding down that highway. When longer, colored two-way arrows descended, I needed to hold a button and scratch with the record. The songs in DJ Hero are mostly mash-ups of two popular songs, with each song associated with the left or right lane in the highway. (The middle track is keyed to various barks and shouts and other DJ flourishes).
    [​IMG]Easy mode could be played with one hand and involved almost no challenge. It is one degree harder than Beginner, which permits the player to press any button at any prompt.

But you might think all five of the game's difficulty levels are easy, because none of them will allow a song to fail. When I moved up to Medium, I struggled with the added requirement of using my other hand to move the cross-fader left and right, matching the position of a line on the note highway. I began to miss the cues and worry. The song did not terminate. Instead, the track associated with the side of the highway I was messing up just got quieter. Once I started to get used to it, I was enjoying the two-handed play of Medium.

The songs would always reach their conclusion, no matter how poorly I played — just maybe more quietly and without the player scoring many points.

The Activision producer who showed me the game said the developers had removed song failure from this take on the Hero formula because they wanted to allow the game to have broad appeal. They knew DJing — or the fantasy of DJing — is not as familiar to people, I was told. So they had some mercy.
    [​IMG]But then how does the game get tough?

I asked the producer to play the hardest song, on expert. He activated a beat-juggled version of Herbie Hancock's "Rockit." The game changed.
    The cross-fader prompts switched much more frequently from left to center to left, zigzagging this way and that. The highway sped faster, notes cascading down the screen more rapidly. The biggest change involved the scratch prompts, which now called for specific directions of scratching. Up-down-up, maybe. Down-up-down, next?

Playing at this intensity, the producer needed to use the game's more "gamey" elements. Portions of a DJ Hero song's note highway will glow. If their sequence is matched perfectly, the player earns Euphoria, the game's version of Guitar Hero's Star Power or Rock Band's Overdrive. Cashing it in temporarily makes the song louder, the on-screen DJ more animated and — this is key — it automates the cross-fader moves. So a wise player would save euphoria and activate it when a tough cross-fade prompt is coming up. The other high-level move is the Rewind. If a player nails 60 correct moves in a row, they can rewind. They do it by physically spinning the record back, which rewinds the song and pulls it back. Imagine a player using that to reverse course and rack up more points.

DJ Hero played on expert was an impressive sight. It doesn't call for quite the physical flourish of a masterful Guitar Hero player, but it certainly involves a level of dexterity no one who isn't an expert will be able to pull off.

So, the songs won't fail. But they will get tough. It's different. But it makes sense.

6. XxTopgear360

Leuk Bevonden:

Nou het stond op de Bugdetgaming site dat het de openings actie was van Vlaardingen stond ik fokkin 2 uur in de rij is die actie niet eens geldig :mad:

7. Aernhem

Aernhem Wilfried Daddy Cool

Leuk Bevonden:
    Denk er (sterk!!) overna om deze ook te halen met de release.. toch wel gave remixes. En eigenlijk ligt dit me veel beter dan guitar hero en die vond ik al gaaf.

8. Fiasco

Fiasco Big Stepper XBW.nl VIP

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ik heb nu hele tijd die track van Day 'N Night ft. Boom Boom in mijn hoofd die ik hoorde in een filmpje. Klinkt toch wel erg tof. :cool:

9. Aernhem

Aernhem Wilfried Daddy Cool

Leuk Bevonden:
    Wel dom dat je een nummer niet kan failen....

10. Fiasco

Leuk Bevonden:
    Heb wat filmpjes bekeken en vind het toch stiekem wel tof hoor. Day N Nite v. Boom Boom is echt zo geniaal en Fix Up, Look Sharp vs. Genesis klinkt ook wel heel tof.

11. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ik vind het opzich wel jammer, maar aan de andere kant... ik ken mensen die er wel blij mee zijn.

Nu ga je wel het gevoel missen dat je hebt als je eindelijk na veel oefenen een nummer weet te halen. Zonde...
    Je gaat em nog steeds niet kopen? :'-(

Dan maar hopen dat ze de tracklist ook op CD uitbrengen. ;)

Weet iemand trouwens op welke dag Bart Smit nieuwe releases binnen krijgt? :+ Dan weet ik vanaf welke dag ik langs kan huppelen.

12. Fiasco

Leuk Bevonden:
    Mwah, weet niet. Denk het niet, €90/€100 is niet niks voor een paar tracks die me leuk lijken. :+

13. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    Misschien komt er weer zo een Bart Smit actie... :9 Dan is het geen €90 meer. :+

[GT]57878[/GT]

14. HanTheMan

HanTheMan XBW.nl VIP XBW.nl VIP

Leuk Bevonden:
    Weer vette post DulleNL hou nu maar op die muziek is te fijn! ik wil dit spelen

15. XxTopgear360

Leuk Bevonden:
    Tiesto en Benny Benassi \o/

16. Modder-Eter

Leuk Bevonden:
    Waar komen die nieuwe tracks opeens vandaan? Die stonden helemaal niet in de lijst van mixes? Downloadable tracks ofzo?
    Bobby "Blue" Bland vs. Connie Price & The Keystones is tot nu toe de geilste track die ik in de game heb gehoord. _O_

17. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ik heb even CTRL F gebruikt op de startpost, en:
    Dat zijn toch gewoon die van in mijn vorige post? :9

18. Fiasco

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ik kan hem bestellen voor €81 en dan nog min €7 = €74. Mooi prijsje, ah shit mag niet! :+ Klinkt allemaal lekker, maar dat is het ook. Ik zal niet het gevoel hebben dat ik echt wat doe, het is alleen maar een beetje draaien.

19. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    DJ-en gaat toch om het draaien? :+ (voor mij iig wel)

En op de hogere niveaus heb je echt wel het gevoel dat je zelf wat doet. :9 (bij GH iig wel)

20. Modder-Eter

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ik zou toch zweren dat ik die nooit ertussen heb zien staan.

*Moet maar eens naar de opticien. :+

Deel Deze Pagina