Blur

Discussie in 'Algemeen' gestart door DulleNL, 22 apr 2009.

Topicstatus:
Niet open voor verdere reacties.
  1. Crackmond

Crackmond Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ik vind de stijl eigenlijk een beetje NFS-underground achtig.
    Niks apparts verder. Maar natuurlijk kan de game zelf nog wel leuk zijn :)

2. DulleNL

DulleNL I'm a little teapot Magic Member

Leuk Bevonden:

PAX 2009: It's All a Blur
    Activision kicks off the show with a look at Bizarre's new racer.

September 3, 2009 - The Penny Arcade Expo kicks off on Friday, and mega-publisher Activision got a jump on the festivities with a mini media preview event in downtown Seattle on Thursday evening. There were finger sandwiches, there were unidentified PR honchos lurking in the Presidential Suite of the Hyatt hotel, and there were British people.

Said Brits were part of Bizarre Creations, on hand to show off their newest racing game, Blur. Bizarre were showing the same build of the game our intrepid IGN brethren saw at Gamescom mere weeks ago, so I won't bore you with the same details here. Rather, I'll give you my brief impressions of how it feels in your hands and what it's all about, short and sweet.

If you're not familiar, Blur is an arcade style racing game from the studio that brought you the Project Gotham Racing series. This time around, though, the developers are staying far away from the simulation field and heading straight for the fun factor. That means power-ups, nitro boosts and a simplified progression system that rewards your wins with "fans" instead of the standard reputation points we so commonly see in racing games. Sound familiar? It should.

Think of Blur as a racing game with Rock Band or Guitar Hero lain over the top. At both Gamescom and PAX, Bizarre have taken care to show off the game's four-player split-screen local multiplayer, as if to say, "See, this is a party game too, just like a music game!" And actually, they're sort of right. It's as if someone took Mario Kart, gave it a realistic skin, darkened things up a bit and gave the whole package a ton of Bizarre polish. The group I played with seemed to be having loads of fun, until the IGN editors thrashed them all soundly two games in a row. Owned.

Blur is part of a new direction in games that you can expect to see a lot more of, especially from publishers like Activision. Rather than aiming for the uber-hardcore with all of their titles, the company is rethinking some of its biggest franchises/development houses to line them up more with the widening mass market of gaming. Is that a good thing? Depends on what you're after.

In my brief time with Blur, I found the controls to be crisp and clean with a touch of that Bizarre drift thrown in for good measure. The car count is low by sim standards (50+), but the model and make choices show the flair and sass an arcade racer should have. Many are modified versions of well-known supercars or sport models instead of the usual magazine suspects. Rather than just plop in an Audi R8, Bizarre picked a Project Kahn R8, for example. But none of that will matter much to gearheads, as there's nothing to fiddle with under the hood. Blur is all about power-ups and varied race types to keep everyone happy.

Bizarre is making a pick-up-and-play racing game that should appeal to a wide range of gamers, and what I played was a refreshing shift from the hardcore grind of some of the genre's more unforgiving franchises. Will Blur have enough horsepower under the hood to entice those of us who are drawn to the challenge, speed and technicality of car racing? I personally haven't seen enough of the game to make that judgment. But from what I've seen so far, this may be the only racing game this year that your whole family may actually be able to play together.

3. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:

PAX 2009: Blur gets Twitter support

[​IMG]
    Bizarre Creation's arcade-style racer, Blur, has received a nitrous-level boost of social networking. Initially, the social component of the game was limited to mock text messages and emails sent from AI racers in the game, who you build love/hate relationships with over the course of your races against each other. Additionally, Blur features faux social networking sites like "Inner Tube" (a Bizarre version of YouTube). Today, real Twitter support has been confirmed for the game, although current details can be summed up in less than 140 characters.

Here we go: Twitter apparently working in both 360 and PS3 versions of Blur. Update example: "I just won 1st place at Hackney!" etc.

So, will we be tweeting from our existing accounts? Is the Xbox 360 version's integration independent of the Xbox Live partnership? Can we see tweeted replies in-game? Can we post Twitpics of our victories? Will the Fail Whale be drivable? We want answers -- and we shall get them!

Is er eigenlijk íemand hier die Twitter gebruikt? :confused:

edit: Vergeet ik bijna de nieuwe trailer te psoten:

[viddler]http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/a5c368eb[/viddler]

Laatst bewerkt: 4 sep 2009
  4. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    Screenshots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Laatst bewerkt: 8 sep 2009
  5. KhaosFoShow

KhaosFoShow Ad Fundum!

Leuk Bevonden:
    Lijkt me erg leuk om deze game met wat maten te spelen, beetje arcade elkaar het leven zuur maken.

6. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ik kan net doen alsof ik verrast ben, maar ik zou meer verrast zijn als het in november zou zijn uitgekomen... :+

7. Rick

Rick Extreme gamer

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ik vind het toch jammer had hem haast gepreorderd.

8. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:

Laatst bewerkt: 14 okt 2009
  9. FrostbiteNL

FrostbiteNL As We Fight

Leuk Bevonden:
    Dit is wel een game om in de gaten te houden. Wel tof dat je auto's met licentie hebt in deze game. Meestal draaien dit soort type games op fantasie auto's.

Voor de game is het een stuk beter dat ie pas in 2010 het levenslicht gaat zien. Anders was deze game waarschijnlijk zwaar ondergesneeuwd door de toppers zoals Forza Motorsport 3, GT5, Dirt 2 en NFS Shift.
    Ook al is dit wel een andere type racegame, die zich vast en zeker weet de onderscheiden van andere racegames, zal menig gamer denk toch de voorkeur geven aan bovenstaande titels.

10. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    [gt]59393[/gt]

11. BDT

BDT Tony Montana

Leuk Bevonden:
    Die laatste trailer ziet er al toffer uit dan de eerdere.... Ik ben zeer groot PGR fan(veel meer dan welke racegame dan ook...), maar BLUR had ik nog niet echt een goed gevoel bij. Denk dat ik em gewoon moet spelen en t dan weer perfect vind :)

12. MaxxRaptor

MaxxRaptor Eigen aanduiding

Leuk Bevonden:
    De PGR serie is en blijft voor mij persoonlijk ook koning, al stelde deel 4 mij wat teleur maar ik heb het echt met veel plezier gespeeld. Deel 2 blijft de klassieker, en eigenlijk betreur ik het heel erg dat Bizarre creations de titel uit handen is genomen. Tja Turn10 zou dan misschien de nieuwe PGR gaan maken, maar wat weten zij nou van PGR om daar een goede game van te maken?

Maar ook ik heb besloten deze game een kans te geven als die in de schappen ligt, fun in een racegame blijft voor mij het meest van belang, gewoon lekker je wagen selecteren zonder al dat getune.

13. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    :thumbs:

14. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
  15. Emileu

Emileu Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ziet er tof uit. Ben wel weer eens toe aan een racespel met een goed snelheidsgevoel.

Hopelijk dat het rijgedrag ook nog ergens over gaat.

16. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:

edit: En er is het gerucht dat maandag een beta begint.
    http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/top-secret/

Ik kreeg ook dat mailtje met die link, jammer genoeg ben ik geen (betaalde) subscriber. =(

edit2: Geen gerucht, het ís gewoon voor Blur.
    Iemand die om de een of andere 2 codes heeft...Vergeet me niet. :+ (al betwijfel ik het dat iemand hier een Fileplanet subscription heeft)

Laatst bewerkt: 27 feb 2010
  17. The Redman FTW

The Redman FTW ^_^

Leuk Bevonden:
    Komt er een demo van dit spel?

18. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
  19. Metal Mark

Metal Mark VIP Dino XBW.nl VIP

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ben toch wel erg benieuwd naar deze demo. Bizarre heeft tot nu toe allemaal toppertjes uitgebracht. En ik hoop dat het bij deze ook zo is, heb nog steeds mijn twijfels over Blur. Maar, eerst spelen en dan verder kijken :9

20. Emileu

Emileu Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Denk niet dat hij alleen voor fileplanet mensen is hoor.

Je kunt je namelijk ook registreren op de site van het spel zelf als je intersse hebt in de BETA.

Topicstatus:
Niet open voor verdere reacties.

Deel Deze Pagina