1. Deze website gebruikt cookies. Door deze website verder te gebruiken, gaat u akkoord met ons gebruik van cookies. Leer Meer.

[XOne] Homefront

Discussie in 'Games' gestart door Ferron, 5 dec 2009.

1. Ferron

Ferron Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:

[​IMG]

[gb]Homefront[/gb]

Ontwikkelaar: Kaos Studios
    Uitgever: THQ
    Genre: FPS
    Platform(s): X360, PS3, PC
    Spelers: 32 (PC) 16 (XBOX 360?)
    Opties: -
    Releasedatum: Maart 2011
    Officiële Website: klik
    XBW Gamepage: klik

[gb]Informatie[/gb]

[gb]Trailers[/gb]

Single Player

[spoiler1]
    [yt]-tjxiJs-sFc[/yt]

[yt]0E_qCVyuswQ[/yt]

[yt]M9ZaK_VhCN8[/yt]

[yt]Piltd4hh7pY[/yt][/spoiler1]Multi Player

[spoiler1]
    [yt]Sg_Kid62jP4[/yt]

[yt]QMXsE59D_Rc[/yt]

[yt]u2mCSHvOVo0[/yt]

[yt]EhFzdPvZE9Q[/yt]
    [/spoiler1]​

[gb]Screenshots[/gb]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[gb]Reviews[/gb]

[gb]Achievements[/gb]

[SPOILER1]
    [​IMG]
    [/SPOILER1]
    [gb]Cover[/gb]
    [​IMG]

Laatst bewerkt: 13 mrt 2011
  2. Ferron

Ferron Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Is volgens mij nog geen thread over? :)

3. Distoration

Distoration Da diii

Leuk Bevonden:
    Hopen dat het een beetje gevarieerd word. Anders koop ik hem niet alhoewel het verhaal me wel leuk lijkt.

Laatst bewerkt: 5 dec 2009
  4. Tyspolir

Tyspolir Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Doet me denken aan die CoD: MW 2 missies in Amerika.. wordt er niet echt enthousiast van op het eerste gezicht... maar wie weet.

5. LeGerman

LeGerman Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    ziet er veelbelovend uit! wel het aanschaffen waard denk ik zo.

6. haenkie

haenkie Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Laatst bewerkt: 4 jul 2010
  7. fredfenster

fredfenster Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Hé, een eigen topic :thumbs:

Wordt denk wel een prima game.

Laatst bewerkt: 4 jul 2010
  8. WOUW5

WOUW5 Cpt. Censorshades!

Leuk Bevonden:
    En ik maar denken dat de zoekfunctie niet werkte :9.
    'Ontdekte' gister deze game, lijkt me echt tof.

9. fredfenster

Leuk Bevonden:
    Weinig enthousiasme voor deze game?

Homefront Preview: There’s No Home For You Here

John Milius knows his shit when it comes to guns. Involved in a military think tank as a consultant, on the Board of Directors for the NRA, he likes frequenting many a shooting range when not on location and lists the Bridge on the River Kwai as his favourite film. He’s connected up to his ears in Washington and counts the Coen Brothers as two of his closest pals, providing the inspiration for Walter Sobchak in The Big Lebowski. Oh, and you know the line ‘I love the smell of napalm in the morning’ from Apocalypse Now? Yeah, he wrote that and co-wrote the screenplay.

For one of his next projects he’s gone and penned a tale about a future not far from here. The year is 2027. Kim Jong-Il is dead, his son has gone and unified Korea, invaded the US…and succeeded. Apparently, according to our helpful PR rep, Milius went across to Washington and started spitballing with a few people about possibilities for global meltdown and then ran with a scenario, embellished it a fair amount and the result, ladies and gents…is Homefront.

[​IMG]

We were privy to a half hour presentation of the game, slated for release in early 2011, and it actually looks pretty promising. The story will take your character, a downed fighter pilot, on a journey from Montrose, Colorado across to San Francisco. Rather than the familiar becoming rubble a la Modern Warfare 2, the further you move west, the more of a Korean influence you’ll begin to see on your surroundings.

The in-game presentation kicked off in Colorado at the start in a self-sufficient, insular community forced to survive by any means necessary. But there was a real family feel to the whole thing, children’s toys strewn everywhere, light strings and piano reminiscent of Thomas Newman’s score for American Beauty and citizens who’ll talk to you uninvited, trying to engage you in conversation. Design Director David Votypka has already talked about the game having a magnetism effect, making the player seem like they’re right in the thick of everything, but this was really the only evidence we saw in our short time with the game, apart from the helicopter that gets blown up at the end that is, and falls, in spite of physics, straight at you.

[​IMG]

The presentation then took us into the field and showed us some combat. It’s worth mentioning that Digital Extremes are actually developing the PC version from the ground up to essentially offer the ultimate experience and, running at over 100 fps, it was looking damn fine indeed. There’ll be dedicated servers, clan support for the multiplayer and a whole other host of PC-exclusive refinements. Even in the heat of combat, the framerate remained top notch.

Essentially being a journey story, this is a game that will incorporate guerrilla tactics, but also taking advantage of the futuristic setting for some ‘fictional’ weapons. One of which was the remote mech tank of awesomeness Goliath. Like calling in an airstrike, our guide used his scope to designate targets before Goliath obliterated them before our very eyes with exploding missiles.

[​IMG]

There were plenty of surprises thrown in there too. Friendly fire from our helicopter accidentally obliterating the ground beneath our feet, scripted moments like our backup jeep running down a Korean soldier about to put a bullet between our eyes after a fall with a bloody splat, our female companion at one stage later in the presentation begging for the enemy soldiers to be put out of their misery following a fiery airstrike.

But, on leaving the presentation, it was that colourful start to the game, so very different from the grey-drenched wastelands we’ve become used to, that stuck in my head. I wished I could have explored this ‘Why We Fight’ setting more, Fallout-style but, alas, it wasn’t long before a gun was presented and we were funnelled into the action.

[​IMG]

Homefront has certainly piqued my curiosity. I hadn’t even really registered it until Gamescom and now I find myself really wanting to see more. It’s clear that Kaos are trying to bring a bit of humanity back to what has become an arguably sterilised genre – adrenaline-fuelled certainly, but lacking in emotion – and for that, for trying something a bit different, I think they should be applauded. But with details thin on the ground it’s hard to get too excited…so the general message is more please!

10. haenkie

haenkie Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Niet van mijn kant ;). Dit is denk ik een van de games die op release wel wil hebben en ik koop echt nooit op release....

Dus ik kan me helemaal aansluiten bij het eindpunt van de preview.

More please!!

11. Distoration

Distoration Da diii

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ik vind deze game wel intressant, maar wacht eerst nog tot er wat meer info/demo beschikbaar is:)

12. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Game Developer Moderator Redacteur

Leuk Bevonden:
  13. strapping young lad

strapping young lad Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Hoe zit het met de multiplayer van deze game? de single player ziet er tof uit tot dusver.

14. fredfenster

Leuk Bevonden:
    Die mp zal de speler ook tankjes en vliegtuigjes of helikopters laten besturen. Verder heb ik er weinig van gehoord :+

Laatst bewerkt: 23 aug 2010
  15. Forty

Forty Guest

helikopter*

lol ik ben een eikel.

16. fredfenster

Leuk Bevonden:
    Nee hoor, ik word graag op fouten in mijn Nederlands gewezen. Beter hier 'voor paal' dan tijdens een tentamen ofzo :)

17. fredfenster

Leuk Bevonden:
  18. fredfenster

Leuk Bevonden:
    Definitieve cover:

[​IMG]

19. koennn

koennn Science Fiction Fan

Leuk Bevonden:
    Iek.