1. Deze website gebruikt cookies. Door deze website verder te gebruiken, gaat u akkoord met ons gebruik van cookies. Leer Meer.

Ori and the Blind Forest

Discussie in 'Games' gestart door Hybrid, 10 mrt 2015.

1. Hybrid

Hybrid Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Platforms
    Xbox One/Windows/360
    Uitgever
    Microsoft Studios
    Developer
    Moon Studios
    Genre
    2D sidescroller
    Release datum
    11 maart 2015

Xbox 360 - T.B.A
    Prijs
    20 euro

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AnubisNefer vindt dit leuk.
  2. Hybrid

Hybrid Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Dacht de game verdient wel een eigen thread als nieuwe IP. En dat er veel mensen er naar uit kijken.

Reviews:

Gamespot - 9/10

It's important, however, not to mistake Ori and the Blind Forest for being simply beautiful. It certainly is--but it is also unceasingly clever. It consistently surprises you with new tricks: gravitational divergences, new ways to move through its spaces, and carefully designed levels that require you to think quickly and respond. It is not as snappy as, say, a typical Mario platformer, seeking instead a broader gameplay arc stretching across a single, interconnected world. It's a superb and thematically consistent approach that allows Ori and the Blind Forest to build joy on a bed of heartache, adding a new layer of mechanical complexity with each ray of hope.

Polygon - 9/10

Ori and the Blind Forest is a rare realization of fantastic design and production values in a space where I wasn't expecting to find it, displaying a spectacular level of confidence in what it is and what it does. And here's where we come back to wishing I hadn't reviewed it as quickly as I had to. It's a game that provides so much to explore and appreciate, and I would have liked to have taken just a little more time than I was able.

IGN - 8.5/10

Bigger and tougher than it looks, Ori and the Blind Forest is a beautifully realized, brilliantly designed, and at times brutally difficult sylvan Metroidvania-style platformer with enough charm to leave a lasting impression. It's often frustrating and sometimes confusing, but its spectacular platforming, memorable world, and engrossing story wash those concerns away.

GameInformer - 9.5/10

Ori and the Blind Forest is one of the best games of the year, and should be a no-brainer for anyone looking for an exciting new adventure to dive into. That said, it comes with a warning: Expect to be humbled by its difficulty. Death comes quickly. Over and over, you’re going to watch an adorable little creature perish because you had a moment of indecision or your skills failed you. Again, nothing about this experience feels unfair. Some of the long scripted sequences are enormously challenging – to the point that you’ll likely repeat every swear word that you know.

Destructoid - 9.5/10
    Every so often I come across a game that just makes me smile. I mean, I play videogames almost daily because I have fun doing it, but certain titles have me grinning from ear to ear the entire journey for a myriad of different reasons. Ori and the Blind Forest is one of those games. It's just plain enjoyable from start to finish, and doesn't waste your time.

GamesRadar - 4/5

Equal parts charm and challenge, Ori and the Blind Forest makes some harsh demands but pays off with its stellar presentation. Its atmosphere is phenomenal, with the kind of universal appeal that's rarely found in games - from the way the backgrounds feel like living environments, to the uplifting music and touching cinematic moments. Completing Ori's six-to-nine-hour journey will certainly leave you feeling warm, fuzzy, and accomplished - just be ready to dig in for some particularly trying segments.

US Gamer -
    4/5

While it stumbles over its own ambition far more than it should, Ori and the Blind Forest bursts with both detail and passion. At times it's less a game you play than one you force your way through despite your better judgment, but the parts where it all works together make it worth the pain. And wow, does it look good.

GameSided -
    9/10

Ori and the Blind Forest, even in its early 2015 release, is already a strong game of the year candidate. Exquisite is its composition, as the hot-cold pacing of exciting platforming action mixed with thought-enticing puzzles and exploration is a sought after quality. Small blemishes in replayability and rare framerate dips should not overshadow the bigger picture, as players can expect to be fully immersed in a somber, yet enrapturing world full of wonder.

VentureBeat -
    9.5/10

I loved every second of Ori and the Blind Forest. It’s as fun as it is pretty, which is an incredible achievement when its one of the most gorgeous games I’ve ever seen. If you’ve ever enjoyed a 2D sidescroller, you’ll definitely appreciate what developer Moon Studios has done here. If you’re a fan of Metroidvania-style games, you’ll find an experience that easily joins the ranks of Super Metroid and Symphony of the Night.

DigitalChumps -
    7/10

Ori and the Blind Forest imparts a beautiful and intricate framework of the platforming and progression that came to define latter day Castlevania and Metroid titles, but it can't muster the same technical and design prowess to fuel its own ideas. This leaves Ori as an adequate model of its revered genre, just short of the execution and innovation that could have made it exemplary.

3. Rienbu

Rienbu Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Prachtige cijfers! Gaat goed zo qua exclusives op de x1

4. BigKabuto

BigKabuto Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Hij is nog altijd niet te preloaden. Zal wel later vandaag zijn dan.

5. iMark 007

iMark 007 Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Exclusief qua consoles ja, maar ik ga de game gewoon spelen op mijn PC :)
    Lekker chill dat je voor veel Xbox exclusives geen Xbox hoeft te kopen.

6. BigKabuto

BigKabuto Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Gekke Kotaku.....''A tad short.''

12-15 uur heeft hij erover gedaan. Hoe noemt Kotaku 5 uur dan? Juist perfect voor een game als dit. Vaak zijn die nog niet eens 5 uur.

[​IMG]

7. Hybrid

Hybrid Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Hij komt ook een keer naar de 360. Al zal ik niet weten waarom je hem daarop zal willen spelen. Een half tamme laptop loopt nog beter denk ik.
    Dit is wel de MS die we meer gaan zien denk ik de komende tijd. MS exclusives en niet per se X1 exclusives. Zeker straks met windows 10 en de integratie met Xbox etc. MS boeit het steeds minder of je hem nou speelt op een console of PC met windows. Prima voor consumenten en developers.

8. Hybrid

Hybrid Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
  9. reatrix

reatrix Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Nu nog wachten tot hij klaar is :D

10. titan1980

titan1980 Bruce Springsteen

Leuk Bevonden:
    Wat een game!! Graphics, sfeer en muziek damn! Intro om kippenvel van te krijgen en weer een heerlijke 2D game

11. Hybrid

Hybrid Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
  12. Graveheart

Graveheart Groovy XBW.nl VIP

Leuk Bevonden:
    Wilde deze game niet fullprice kopen, maar dit soort screens en cijfers maken me het niet makkelijk.

13. xerofox

xerofox were given today

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ik wilde Ori al hebben vanaf het moment dat ie aangekondigd werd, de cijfers maken het alleen nog mooier. Ik ben wel toe aan een lastige platformer die er visueel prachtig uit ziet. Het enige wat in minder vind zijn de manual saves, geen checkpoints oid.

14. iMark 007

iMark 007 Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Soms zeiken mensen indies af, puur omdat het een indie is. Maandelijks al dat geklaag als de PS Plus titels worden bekend gemaakt. Maar kom op zeg, Ori is volgens mij echt een magische game. Wow, ik zit op Twitch een stream te kijken en het is echt verbluffend om te zien. Indies zijn het beste wat de industrie is overkomen. In plaats van al die 13 in een dozijn games krijgen we nieuwe originele games met charme, magie en waar veel liefde in is gestoken.

Rienbu, xerofox, Maddmonkey en 1 andere persoon vinden dit leuk.
  15. Olijke Poffer

Olijke Poffer PC VR fan.

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ziet er echt heel mooi uit. Qua colour setting en environment lijkt het een beetje op Rayman Legends. ook een zeer vermakelijke game op de X1.

16. Maddmonkey

Maddmonkey Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    My thoughts exactly.

17. xerofox

xerofox were given today

Leuk Bevonden:
    Moet wel zeggen dat het spel op momenten best wel pittig is, vooral de precisie waarmee je sommige sprongen moet maken. Qua platforming heeft het wel iets weg van Rayman Legends, verder is het echt een fantastische metroidvania. Ik verwelkom meer van zulke games, 20 euro is een koopje voor dit spel.

18. AnubisNefer

AnubisNefer Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Hoe raar het ook klinkt, dit is bijna een systemseller voor mij....

(even kijken hoe lang ik het volhou met mijn xbox boycot ;-)

19. iMark 007

iMark 007 Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Je hebt geen masterrace PC nodig voor deze game. Ik weet niks van specs, maar ik heb maar een bescheiden PC die al zeker 5 a 6 jaar oud is. Maar deze game draait gewoon op de beste settings prima op mijn PC. Ik heb de geluidsboxen ook flink hoog gedraaid. Schitterende muziek. En de art van de game, dat zou ik zo thuis aan de muur hangen.

20. Hybrid

Hybrid Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:

Deel Deze Pagina