1. Deze website gebruikt cookies. Door deze website verder te gebruiken, gaat u akkoord met ons gebruik van cookies. Leer Meer.

PlayStation VR

Discussie in 'PlayStation Hardware' gestart door Kevf, 19 mrt 2014.

1. Olijke Poffer

Olijke Poffer PC VR fan.

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ik dump de PSVR niet hoor.. die houd ik er mooi naast..
    Maar zoals ondertussen bekend is wil ik Pcars en Elite Dangerous in VR spelen. Plus je hebt gewoon veel meer controlle over de games. Je hebt mods, ik kan met ED de boel gewoon linken met allerhande databases. Sony laat dat allemaal niettoe,
    Ghost in PCars bv, kan ik alleen de top 30 world wide downloaden en tegen racen. Wtf daar heb ik niets aan want die lui A te snel voor mij en B geen psn vriendjes. Ik wil graag tegen de ghosts van mijn psn vrienden kunnen racen. En zo is de lijst nog veel langer..
    Goed ik wil PC-VR maar daar hangt dan ook wel een heel prijzig kaartje aan.. maar ik leef nu dus nu genieten..

inoway vindt dit leuk.
  2. Olijke Poffer

Olijke Poffer PC VR fan.

Leuk Bevonden:
    Da’s wel een leuke shooter denk ik..

3. WorkingTitle

WorkingTitle ..

Leuk Bevonden:
    Enige game die, samen met de RE7 DLC mij echt aansprak tussen al de VR announcements. Alhoewel die game met die vliegtuigen ook wel leuk leek, hangt een beetje tussen Ace Combat en Eagle Flight in.

4. Olijke Poffer

Olijke Poffer PC VR fan.

Leuk Bevonden:
    Komt veel leuks uit indd.

5. WorkingTitle

WorkingTitle ..

Leuk Bevonden:
    Voor VR alleen heb ik al te weinig tijd. Laat staan voor VR + triple AAA non VR games, de Switch en Netflix. Wat een luxe

inoway vindt dit leuk.
  6. Olijke Poffer

Olijke Poffer PC VR fan.

Leuk Bevonden:
    dat is een Luxe probleem. Ik heb ook teveel games om te spelen eigenlijk. Ik moet echt keuzes maken. En als ik straks ook nog een PC/VR heb dan wordt het helemaal een tekort aan tijd. dan is het echt elke dag een tijdje een andere game spelen.

7. Olijke Poffer

Olijke Poffer PC VR fan.

Leuk Bevonden:
    @inoway

Hier moet jij ook een big smile van op je gezicht krijgen..,

Als je dit zit dan wil je toch meteen naar de winkel rennen en een high end PC-VR rig kopen. Ik wel in ieder geval..
    De eerste paar minuten staat het geluid van de game te hard maar daar komt hij even later zelf achter en wordt het aangepast. Maar zo wil je Pcars beleven.

inoway vindt dit leuk.
  8. Olijke Poffer

Olijke Poffer PC VR fan.

Leuk Bevonden:
    Kan het alleen maar beamen. Maar de drang betreft Pcars en VR is dermate groot dat ik heb besloten om toch een hele dikke PC te pakken. Ook al is dat waarschijnlijk de laatste keer dat ik een dergelijke uitgave kan doen aan PC-VR..

inoway vindt dit leuk.
  9. Olijke Poffer

Olijke Poffer PC VR fan.

Leuk Bevonden:
    Voor diegen die nog steeds denken dat VR een tijdelijk iets is...
    leuke artikeltje over VR..
    https://uploadvr.com/echo-arena-perspective-games-editorial/

Six months ago you couldn’t have convinced me that before the year was over I would be spending hours each day playing a computer game, entering an e-sports tournament and proselytizing about the beauty and benefits of virtual reality. After all, I had previously made it my goal in life to keep my children (especially my teenage sons) away from electronic devices.

They ruin your eyes.

They stunt your growth.

They kill your brain cells.

They require no socialization skills.

I told them stories of 30-year-old gamers living in their parents’ basements and reminded them that it’s easier to meet girls if you’re not sitting in front of a computer screen with a controller in your hand.

As a result of all my pre-conceived notions and prejudices, which I have since discovered to be unfounded, we’ve had very few computer games in our house over the years. In fact, we didn’t even own a game system until about a year ago, when my oldest son (age 18) bought it for his two brothers (ages 14 and 16) with his first paycheck upon graduation from Army basic training.

I wasn’t incredibly happy to have a game system in the house, but I was pleased that my son thought of his siblings. Meanwhile, he was stationed at Fort Bragg as a paratrooper with the 82nd Airborne, where he built a nice gaming computer and enjoyed it when he had the opportunity. A few months ago, he was deployed and we told him we’d watch his computer.

This is when things began to get interesting for this middle-aged, conservative Christian homeschool mom of five.

When we visited our son the day before he was deployed, one of the places he wanted to hang out was Best Buy. It happened that there was a brand ambassador for Oculus there offering demonstrations on the Rift. I don’t know if I was more impressed by the fact that the images in the headset seemed so real or the fact that my husband tried a game and promptly fell over into the demonstration booth, but if something could provide me that much amazement and laughter in a span of ten minutes, it’s worth an investment.

We left the store that day with everything we needed to set up our own Rift.

Initially, I tried a game called Robo Recall and discovered that I derived great pleasure from ripping apart the robots that incessantly tried to murder me. I’d shoot them, tear off their heads, pull off their arms or just bash them to death with a gun or a robot body part. Lest anyone think I’m a psychopath, I truly am a relatively gentle person in real life. I don’t even kill ants. But it is virtual reality, after all. What’s wrong with a little violence if you’re saving the world from a robot takeover?

After I finished all the levels of Robo Recall, I repeated the levels on All-Star mode. Then I went back through everything numerous times in pursuit of a place on the leaderboards. By this time, I think my husband might have begun to realize that he had created an addict and he begged me to try other VR games.

Finally he told me about a game called Echo Arena. He said it involved robots playing a game kind of like soccer with a disc in a zero gravity environment with other real people. That just sounded weird. When asked if I could shoot anyone, he said no, but I could punch them. I wanted to appease him and punching sounded appealing enough so I decided to give it a try.

In the past few months, Echo Arena has changed my opinion not only of gamers and the games they play, but more importantly, it has completely altered my outlook on the future of virtual reality and the significance to our world.

The developers at Ready at Dawn have accomplished something that I previously thought impossible. When you put on an Rift headset and enter the Echo Arena lobby, it doesn’t feel as if you’re playing a game. It feels like you are actually a part of the game. The movement model they’ve developed – along with the Oculus touch controllers that manage hand movements – makes it feel as if you are really IN the game rather than in your home or elsewhere playing a game.

It doesn’t take much imagination to recognize how this type of technology could be useful. It wasn’t too long ago when we didn’t have the printing press, anesthesia, electricity, automobiles, airplanes or the internet, but someone had faith in those things and they have changed the course of mankind. Visionary developers see the potential in the field of virtual reality and have already begun to develop software in every imaginable category – health care, education, counseling, flight training, scientific discovery, physical therapy, weight loss, job training, and more.

In a virtual world, you can learn foreign languages from native speakers and visit sites in their homeland. Students can more fully understand history by being immersed in historical events. Scientists can safely explore advanced theories about energy, nature, technology, etc.. Medical professionals can investigate new ways to treat patients and cure diseases. Business transactions can be conducted virtually from the home, creating less negative environmental impact and allowing people more time with family. When a member of the military is deployed, they can still feel physically present with their spouse and children in the virtual world.

The people at Oculus have given the average person the opportunity to take virtual vacations, learn firsthand about other cultures, watch animals in their natural habitats, make friends from around the world, take a trip to the moon and yes, even feel like they are saving the world from virtual robots. While computers have tried to give us some of these activities, previous platforms haven’t allowed the user to feel like they are literally physically present in the activity. The virtual world actually enables this. Things that have been impossible for the majority of people to experience are now simply within reach of a headset.

Once you see this amazing technology, you’ll realize why I think it’s not a huge leap of faith to believe that virtual reality is and will be the next giant step for mankind.

Sonya Haskins is a stay-at-home mom living in the foothills of the Appalachians. She now spends too much of her time enjoying virtual worlds as hasko7. This is a guest post not produced by the UploadVR staff. No compensation was exchanged for the creation of this content.

inoway vindt dit leuk.
  10. Olijke Poffer

Olijke Poffer PC VR fan.

Leuk Bevonden:
    Haha ik heb die aim controller ook en het is echt super vet.. ik hoop dat ze nog veel games uitbrengen die de moeite waard zijn en met de ondersteuning van de Aim controller.

11. Olijke Poffer

Olijke Poffer PC VR fan.

Leuk Bevonden:
  12. Olijke Poffer

Olijke Poffer PC VR fan.

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ik neem aan dat jij hem gaat halen... ik hoor graag wat je er van vindt..

13. Olijke Poffer

Olijke Poffer PC VR fan.

Leuk Bevonden:
    @inoway , heb jij die nieuwe VR demo disc al geprobeerd? Die game Moss is echt super leuk gemaakt zeg... moet je zeker eens proberen.

14. Olijke Poffer

Olijke Poffer PC VR fan.

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ga ik ook eens proberen als ik met de aim aan de gang ga.. thanks voor de tip.

15. Olijke Poffer

Olijke Poffer PC VR fan.

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ik weet niet of Lady Poffer er zo happy mee is als ik mijn cam aan het plafond ga hangen maar ik ga het zeker eens proberen als ik weer iets doe met de aim controller.

inoway vindt dit leuk.
  16. Olijke Poffer

Olijke Poffer PC VR fan.

Leuk Bevonden:
    Aja wel eens het ea van gezien..... Lijkt mij ook wel geinig..

17. jansen007natas

jansen007natas Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Skyrim vr halen of niet?. Heb de normale skyrim en niet gespeeld nog. Oo kom zoveel tijd te kort voor al doe top games

18. Olijke Poffer

Olijke Poffer PC VR fan.

Leuk Bevonden:
    Als je Skyrim nog niet gespeeld hebt zou ik het wel doen. anders niet. Al is dat mijn mening. IK heb die game al zo vaak gespeeld dat ik daar wel klaar mee ben. Ik ga dan ook niet weer geld neerleggen voor alleen de VR ervaring...

jansen007natas vindt dit leuk.
  19. jansen007natas

jansen007natas Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    En en speelt ie goed met vr

20. Olijke Poffer

Olijke Poffer PC VR fan.

Leuk Bevonden:
    Haha tering dat is wel een lange sessie voor VR..

Deel Deze Pagina