1. Deze website gebruikt cookies. Door deze website verder te gebruiken, gaat u akkoord met ons gebruik van cookies. Leer Meer.

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

Discussie in 'Algemeen' gestart door Hybrid, 14 jul 2009.

1. DulleNL

DulleNL I'm a little teapot Magic Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    [ign]14208748&downloadURL=http://xbox360movies.ign.com/xbox360/video/article/105/1055171/kaneandlynch2_trl_UK_121409_flvlowwide.flv[/ign]

2. Kaneda

Kaneda Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Lynchie:lol: Ik heb goede hoop voor deze game, deel 1 had goede ideeën die niet altijd even goed waren uitgewerkt. Dat zullen ze nu na feedback van spelers vast wel gefixed hebben.

3. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    De eerste screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. WesleyRBK

WesleyRBK Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Lijken wel psp graphics. Maar dit ligt vast aan de resolutie. Nummer 1 was wel leuk om te spelen. Maar vraag me af wat voor veranderingen nummer 2 met zich mee brengt.

5. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days First Look
    Taking the sequel in a gritty new direction.

January 13, 2010 - The original Kane & Lynch didn't quite set the critical world on fire. It had some control issues and could have used a bit more polish to truly shine, but it did introduce a pair of intriguing and ugly characters as well as a unique multiplayer mode. The team at Io Interactive could have simply smoothed out the rough edges, pounded out a new story and called it a day. In the world of videogames, taking that route is almost expected.

For Kane & Lynch 2, you should expect the unexpected.

The story picks up many moons after the first game ended. That story, you may recall, ended with the player making a certain life or death choice. Dog Days picks one as canon and continues on from there, rather than branching out. The main character this time is the psychotic Lynch, the schizophrenic that played back-up and color commentary to Kane's central role in the last game. He's found his way to Shanghai, where he calls in Kane for one last big score. He calls it a done deal, with no hiccups expected, and so Kane joins up to make some cash to support his daughter.

[​IMG]
    Lynch takes center stage this time.

Of course, Lynch is crazy. His well laid plans quickly go south and you'll find the duo embroiled in quite a bit of good old-fashioned third-person shooting. But before you ever get to the game itself, another aspect of Kane & Lynch 2 is sure to catch your eye. The visual style has seen a complete overhaul, drawing from low-quality amateur YouTube videos as inspiration.

How exactly does that work? Glad you asked. The camera follows close behind the action, shaking upon impact. Visual artifacts are present everywhere. Though the game runs in HD, a treatment has been applied to make it look like a streaming video. When you get shot, it looks like bits of digital information are lost and the screen becomes pixelated. The bright lights will oversaturate the "camera," causing light to bleed across pixels. You'll even get a little "buffering" screen to take the place of the initial level load.

[​IMG]
    The visual treatment is striking.

The goal is to make it seem like this is a video being directed by the player, recorded on a small handheld digital camera. You'll stay with Kane and Lynch for the entirety of the roughly 48 hour time period that the game takes place, tracking the duo from fight to conversation and back to fights as it all unravels.

It's a great direction to take for the sequel for two reasons. The first is that it gives Kane & Lynch 2 a look all its own. Its uniqueness creates an instant allure. While other games strive for crisp and clean visuals, sometimes aiming for photorealism, this one revels in its rough look. It also covers up some of the textures that don't look so hot. The first Kane & Lynch game looked OK, but wasn't exactly a visual stunner. Without the visual tricks that make the sequel unique, the sequel would look roughly the same.

Unfortunately, I wasn't allowed to pick up a controller and play. Had I, some co-operative action would have been in order. Like the original, this sequel can be played co-operatively in its entirety. This time, however, it can be played either offline with a splitscreen or online.

The combat looks roughly the same with a heavy focus on gunplay. The controls have been reworked, I'm told, with a special focus put on making sure the cover system really works this time. For those out of the loop, the cover mechanics in the first game didn't perform so well.

I got a look at two levels of Kane & Lynch 2. The first area I saw was a run through a sweatshop. It provided plenty of walls to hide behind, but those walls were generally thin wood that splintered and shattered under the rain of gunfire. When the cover didn't hold, I got a look at the new "down but not out" mechanic. If you get knocked back by a stream of bullets, you'll have the chance to crawl towards safety. Or you could get up where you are for one last blaze of glory, but you probably won't make it very far with that technique.

[​IMG]
    Crawl to safety, or go down in a blaze of glory.

The next stage took to the streets in a fight against the police. The combat was pretty straightforward here, though the action was crazy enough and there were enough civilians running around to make the scene quite chaotic. The best moment came when the player shot up a store and managed to ignite some sort of explosive. A massive blast ripped into the streets and out of the smoke came stumbling a stunned guard, holding his head with a look of disbelief on his face.

I didn't get a look at it, but I was told the well-received Fragile Alliance multiplayer mode will be back. In the original, this unique game type was a game of cops and robbers with a twist -- killing your fellow crooks and betraying them would increase your take of the haul at the end. The drawback was that those people would then respawn as cops tasked with stopping you. The more people you betray, the tougher it became to make it out alive. But oh the rewards if you did. We'll have to wait and see what Io has in store for the sequel.

[​IMG]
    Welcome to Shanghai.

In fact, we'll have to wait for a lot with Kane & Lynch 2 before we can draw any valid conclusions. I'm a fan of the new direction taken with the visuals, but simply telling me that the game mechanics have improved isn't quite enough for me. I didn't get a chance to play Kane & Lynch 2, so the jury is still out on whether the most wanting parts of the first game were indeed made better.

Stay tuned for more impressions once I do get a chance to play a level or two. Kane & Lynch 2 is coming to Xbox 360, PS3, and PC later this year.

[gb]Screenshots[/gb]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Weggooi32

Weggooi32 Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Heb deel 1 nooit gespeeld, maar de multiplayer klonk echt geniaal. Ben dan ook erg benieuwd of ze dit goed uitwerken in deel 2.

7. FinalBob

FinalBob Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Om even op Rigest zijn comment voort te borduren...

Hoe was deel 1 co-op? Kon dat splitscreen en was het tof? Dan lijkt deel 1 (en op termijn deel 2) toch wel een toffe titel!

8. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    Interviewtje:

OK. I’m going to ask you some questions from our community. So some of these might be quite rude.

Karsten Lund:
    Interesting. Let’s see if I can answer them. If I will answer them.

Is it a free-roaming game?

No.

So it’s linear?

It’s linear and story-driven, but it does have multiple paths throughout the levels. There are various ways of completing the different accounts.

And you can play as both Kane & Lynch, right?

In co-op, of course, but if you play the single-player campaign you only play as Lynch.

OK. Is the whole game in one city? Is it all in Shanghai?

Yep.

Are there any dogs in the missions?

Oh yes.

Lots of dogs?

Not lots of dogs, but there are dogs.

Which ending from the original game is used as the basis for the sequel?

You can choose.

You can choose? So it’s got different starts?

This game is kind of detached from the first game. So whether Kane saves his buddies or not, he’d still be in this scenario. So it doesn’t really matter.

How have you managed to differentiate your third-person cover combat from other titles on the market? There are a lot of them, obviously.

That’s true, there are a lot of them. I think in some ways we don’t, because it’s fine. And in other ways… The down-and-dead feature really latches onto the whole cover mechanic, and gives it a new dynamic feel. You not only stay in cover, you have to crawl into cover to get back up, to use cover in a different way. We have a lot of breakable cover, so you have to figure out which should be taken and which shouldn’t be taken.

Can you just explain that down-and-dead mechanic?

Yep. While you’re in combat, instead of having this one-shot kill situations that are really annoying, you get a second chance. Going down-and-dead when you get that bullet impact, you get a choice. The camera will turn to the guy who downed you, and you’ll get a chance at shooting him, or you’ll need to crawl into cover and get back up.

So, a little bit like Left 4 Dead?

Yeah, but I don’t think you can move in that, right?

No.

In this you can crawl away from the whole thing and move around on the ground.

Will you have to command troops again?

No. We made a conscious decision of trying to go for a more intense in-your-face shooter experience than tactical elements.

Will it be more crime-caper focused than the original?

Oh yeah.

What games have influenced you between Kane & Lynch 1 and 2?

A lot of games, I think. From a mechanics perspective, everything from Call of Duty to Uncharted. Even Gears of War, and stuff like that, that gives us that intense feeling. But we needed to give it a different twist, so the whole urbanising and the new aesthetics put is somewhere where it’s not of these; it’s its own. We look at all sorts of games. We play a lot of games.

Obviously, the “YouTube” style of it is probably your big differentiator. When did you decide that you needed to separate it visually from the competition?

Very early, I think. Something that always interests me is to see how far you can go with credibility and realism, and see if there’s a different way of doing it that what other people are doing. Photo-realism is what people are trying to achieve, and they’re doing it with texture resolution and photo-textures and stuff like that, and I don’t think that that’s actually what you need to do. I think there are lots of other ways of exploring this, and we’re proving it here. You don’t have to be photo-realistic to be real, to be perceived as real.

How much focus has gone on multiplayer this time round, and how many modes are in the game?

There are a lot of game modes, but I’m not going into how many this time around. We do multiplayer and the eight-player co-op turning into a versus. We also have online co-op. But we have many more modes. There was a lot of focus on multiplayer. There are a lot of new mechanics that we’re not showing you yet; they work in multiplayer as well to create a unique multiplayer experience. We’re going to do a separate launch for multiplayer, because it’s pretty huge.

Is there offline co-op in it?

Yep.

That’s good, apparently.

It is. Because then you can play with a friend on the couch.

OK, this is a slightly rude one. The first game didn’t do so well in reviews and sales. Do you think this’ll affect people’s views on Kane & Lynch 2?

What makes you think it didn’t do well in sales? I would like to know that.

I don’t know. Ask him.

It’s not true. It didn’t do well in reviews, but it did very well in sales.

How many did it sell?

I think we did 1.7 million.

Wow.

That’s pretty good for a first shot on a franchise, so it makes a lot of sense for us to do a sequel. And I think people will want to check it out before they buy it, and they should be my guests.

What platforms are you doing? Are you doing a PC version?

Yes.

So PC, 360 and PS3?

Yes.

Is Kane & Lynch going to be a long-running series?

The Kane & Lynch franchise?

Yep.

I hope so.

It hinges on how well this sells, obviously.

It always does, right? But I definitely think there’s room for more in this. I don’t think we’ve seen the last.

Why are you doing Kane & Lynch 2 and not doing another Freedom Fighters?

[laughs] No comment. We get that a lot.

Going back to the visual style, do you think your competition are going to be surprised by your direction?

I sincerely hope so. I think some of them are. Our goal is to push the boundaries a little bit. And I think the world needs that. Everybody’s playing it very safe these days, and I don’t think you have to. As long as you’ve got a good experience going on, and I think we do, I think we need to try and do something new.

Has working with Square Enix given you the freedom you need to do that?

I don’t see any change in the freedom we have at all.

Has there been any change in terms of working with Square?

I couldn’t tell you anything about that. Our focus at IO Interactive is to create new franchises and good experiences for gamers to enjoy, and that’s what we’ll continue to do no matter what.

9. McWraith72

McWraith72 Who dares wins!!!

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ben nu met deel 1 bezig en ik vindt hem wel tof de characters in ieder geval,maar de besturing is op zijn zacht,s gezegd niet geweldig.:{

10. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days – Updated Impressions
    Hit reset on your expectations.

Australia, February 24, 2010 - My first instinct was to check and see if this was the same Kane and Lynch of 'Dead Men' infamy – from the same team, running on the same hardware. The leap in quality difference is as stark as comparing 'The Dark Knight' with 'Batman & Robin'. The presentational jolt was that severe. Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days takes a running leap from the smouldering corpse of the first game, presenting gamers with a setting so lovingly crafted that it begs to be examined, not just blown to bits.

That's a big ask when the action is as frantic and debris-hewn as it is in Dog Days. To be certain, this is one of the most atmospheric and intense shooters of 2010 – admittedly a big call this early into the year, but one that we're confident enough in making.

Bucking the style and gameplay of the first game, Kane & Lynch 2 is all but unrecognisable next to its forbearer. Taking place over the period of 48 hours, the action now follows psychotic anti-hero Lynch, now the central playable character. He's taken to the streets of Shanghai as part of a new crime outfit; the hope, like all crims, being to set themselves up with the heist of a lifetime – and one that drags a wayward Kane back into the underworld situation.

The first thing that struck us, as you might have alluded (we're subtle, right?) is that, when Io Interactive said that realism is the key objective' for Dog Days, it wasn't kidding. There's a true viscerality (no, that's not a word – but it is now) to the presentation. Taking cues from the YouTube generation, Kane & Lynch 2 apes a hand-held video style, as if there's an anonymous cameraman following Lynch's every roll, dash and gunshot through the grimy alleyways and buildings of inner-city Shanghai.

[ign]14208748&downloadURL=http://xbox360movies.ign.com/xbox360/video/article/105/1055093/kaneandlynch2_trl_US_121409_flvlowwide.flv[/ign]​

Sound distortion from an overloaded microphone crackles and warps as shots ring out; there's a palpable sense of urgency and realism missing from games like Gears of War or Army of Two: 40th Day that Dog Days utterly nails. Pixilation and grain associated with mini-DV cameras, and the juddering and unfocussed and occasionally tilted angles and effects, all contribute to the feeling of being a willing participant and witness to some slice of real-world thuggery. It's arresting stuff, so-to-speak.

Environmental interactivity has clearly been a priority at Io. Breaking through a restaurant, sending patrons in all directions, Lynch pushed on into the kitchen, opening fire and tearing the place apart. Individual tiles were ripped from the walls, everything exploded, bounced, collided and ricocheted, filling the scene with debris and visibly warping the miniDV camera's viewpoint. Later, after ambling through a pedestrian-filled street, all glare and colour and grit, Lynch bashed his way through a music store, popping CDs off shelves as machine gun fire rips the place apart.

The camera perspective is closer to Lynch too, in line with more recent third-person shooters. The effect is immediately more intimate and claustrophobic, adding yet another layer of tension and affect. Combined with terrific texture work, a washed out 'video-like' colour palate, lots of bloom and beam lighting and a robust physics engine that makes the environment feel organic and alive, and the result is utterly absorbing.

The very clever presentation extends to the story integration, too. As in the original game, the story doesn't pull its' punches; the action is intense, the violence gory and the dialogue would make a drunken sailor double-take. We love it, in other words. Where the strength of the first game arguably rested with its characters over the gameplay, this time the 48-hour gameplay period marries the action with the storytelling process. There are no breakaway cutscenes from what we understand – just continuous storytelling; Kane shouts at Lynch, Lynch shouts back and the plot progresses. Every character interacts in the heat of the moment, never breaking you out of the scene.

The heads-up display is fuss-free; your damage is indicated almost solely through a combination of body language and camera effects. The more fire you take, the more pixellated and warped the image becomes. As such, it actually begins to affect your own accuracy, adding to the sense of chaos and panic. Very effective.

[​IMG]
    Sure, it looks good in screenshots, but it's nothing compared with seeing this game in motion. Trust us.

Of course, the gameplay is the major issue we held against the first game, and thankfully it appears that Io has addressed the gamut of problems. For starters, this is very much a streamlined experience from a structural perspective. You're not going to have to deal with squad mechanics or anything similar; just point, shoot, duck, roll and survive long enough to enjoy the story.

To keep the pace going, death is less of an issue, thanks to the 'down-not-dead' concept. If you've been incapacitated by heavy rounds, you can still stay alive and crack off a few rounds with your handgun until Kane makes it over to revive you. Hence, 'down' not 'dead'.

You're not going to be a walking weapons cache, either. You can only carry primary and secondary weapons – a shotgun and a machine gun, one in hand, one slung over Lynch's back. That keeps the need to think about strategy and environmental layout nice and high.

The cover system and controls have been completely reworked too. It's not going much farther than the industry standard at this stage, but Lynch contextually adjusts to cling to walls, crouch behind all kinds of cover and can dive around as necessary. Handy, if not groundbreaking.

Co-operative play has been a major focus for the studio, this time allowing for (yay!) two-player split-screen as well as full online co-op and multiplayer. That's a great decision, particularly off the back of the setting and potential for strategy that it holds. In the single-player experience, we also saw moments of co-operative action involving Kane helping Lynch up to a higher point. We're guessing that's just the bare-bones start of the contextual 'buddy moments'.

Still tracking for a mid-2010 release, we're clearly pumped like a 12-gauge for more time with Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days. We still have yet to see the new additions to the multiplayer modes, or even how the parts we saw factor into the rest of the 48 hours. With that said, we think you're going to be impressed with the 180 degree turn this franchise has taken.

11. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    [ign]14208748&downloadURL=http://xbox360movies.ign.com/xbox360/video/article/107/1078020/kanelynch2_trl_trailer_31610_flvlowwide.flv[/ign]

27 augustus komt ie uit.

12. SjaccoPopino

SjaccoPopino Stay Frosty

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ben wel benieuwd, vond deel één opzich wel toffe game, dus denk dat ik deze ook wel op pik!

13. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    ehm... :confused:

Lynch:
    [​IMG]

Jamie Foxx
    [​IMG]

Sure, logische keuze. :+

14. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    De Extended trailer

15. Hybrid

Hybrid Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Sweet was helemaal vergeten dat er een 2e deel kwam.

16. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:

Hands-on: Kane & Lynch 2 'Fragile Alliance' multiplayer

[viddler]http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/b082cbf2[/viddler]

Inspired by real-life heists -- according to its developer, IO Interactive -- or not, the Fragile Alliance multiplayer mode in Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days definitely feels inspired. I recently played a few rounds of its increasingly difficult, single-player Arcade game type (shown in the above video) before working together with (and against) fellow journos online and came away pretty impressed. In fact, it seemed more fun and polished than what we played so far of the game's single-player campaign.

Here's the setup: Players start out on the same team -- the crooks -- and steal loot at the beginning of a round. Those who can make it past A.I. controlled cops in one piece (and get inside the getaway vehicle before it leaves) share a cut of the cash everyone's grabbed. But these aren't the most honest men you're playing as, so it's possible to turn traitor on your own gang -- even taking other players as human shields -- and attempt to avoid death at their (and the cops') hands, in hopes of taking all the spoils for your own. For the first match or two I played, everyone worked together. After that, people started getting greedy.

The particular heist I played had the crooks lying in wait for another group of thieves to rob a building before gunning them down and grabbing the cash. It was definitely a unique start to a match, standing on a balcony and taking out the A.I. criminals below, then charging down a flight of stairs to pick up the loot. (Doing so is a lot like capturing a control point -- you need to stand by the money for a certain amount of time before it's yours.)

After that, it was a bloody, brutal fight against the police as we attempted to make it down an alley, across a street and then hop into the getaway van. There were plenty of opportunities to take cover, use fire extinguishers as explosives and rack up more cash by taking out the fuzz. All the while, there was a counter ticking down to the arrival of the getaway driver; if none of the players could reach him, the round was a bust.

Following the thrilling alleyway shootout, I manged to make it to the van. I climbed inside and found I had the option to make the driver wait a little longer for my fellow lawbreakers or agree to split my haul with him 50/50 in exchange for leaving them behind. In doing so, I'd get everyone's dough, but would also all but guarantee I'd be taken out by my own guys as soon as the next round started.

I didn't risk it, but, as it turned out, I was mowed down by one of my own in the next round. He obviously wanted my cash and was willing to risk the others turning on him, which some did. I got my chance at revenge, though, as I reincarnated as one of the police officers trying to stop my former crew's escape. I could still see the names of the other players and how much money they were carrying, but the guy who shot me had a special label, indicating I'd earn a bonus for getting payback on him.

[​IMG]

The whole thing was fast-paced and felt really well thought out. We continued playing round after round, all the while the cops were growing in number and intelligence, using better tactics and even releasing police dogs to hunt us down. Combined with the ever-present possibility of a traitor from within stabbing me in the back, it was really tense. My group eventually failed three rounds and the match ended.

Fragile Alliance sounds good in concept and was great in execution, down to the ability to purchase new primary and secondary weapons between rounds using the cash I'd amassed. The real test will be if all of the maps end up as good as the one I played on (I also got a look at one that takes place on a subway platform) and if enough players can get into the spirit of the mode. I'll say one thing: Unlike a lot of multiplayer games, it's nice to play one where you can get back at team-killing jerks without being penalized. Heck, you're actually rewarded. (And, sometimes, the team-killing jerk.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Tyrant

Tyrant Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Nu ff deel 1 scoren op de Bazaar :+

18. SjaccoPopino

SjaccoPopino Stay Frosty

Leuk Bevonden:
    Klinkt leuk dat Fragile Alliance! Kan ook zeker leuk zijn met een groep vrienden, elkaar helpen of juist naaien ;)!
    Hopelijk werkt t allemaal wat beter dan bij deel 1, vond t daar niet echt soepel lopen allemaal en na een tijd waren en niet eens meer games te vinden! Denk niet dat ik de game pre-order, maar pik m zeker wel een keer op als ie ergens voor een mooi prijsje is!

19. Dr0kz

Dr0kz Niet?

Leuk Bevonden:
    Idd kijk er ook erg naar uit, deel 1 is me eigenlijk totaal tegengevallen maar het idee was goed. Als ze de goede elementen beter uitwerken in dit deel is het dikke win.

Zoiezo de hele fuck you instelling van de game bevalt me wel. Dit word wel een pre-ordertje :b:!

20. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:

Deel Deze Pagina