1. Deze website gebruikt cookies. Door deze website verder te gebruiken, gaat u akkoord met ons gebruik van cookies. Leer Meer.

[Multi] The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Discussie in 'Games' gestart door Fiasco, 6 feb 2013.

1. Maddmonkey

Maddmonkey Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ik baitte altijd. Hoge kaarten inbrengen zodat de tegenstand los ging. Wat spionnen en van die kaart combi's en Easy mode. Dan verlies je Express de eerste ronde om de volgende twee bijna gegarandeerd te winnen.

2. nicolle10

nicolle10 Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    ik heb vandaag alle uitbreidingen geinstalleerd ik ga opnieuw beginnen

AnubisNefer vindt dit leuk.
  3. AnubisNefer

AnubisNefer Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Wow. Witcher 3 ligt hier nog in seal. ;-)

Mallakai vindt dit leuk.
  4. Mallakai

Mallakai Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    heb je deel 2 al uitgespeeld? :) ik ben nu ECHT ECHT ECHT aan deel 3 begonnen, nu al 3 uurtjes erin zitten, heb het gevoel dat het spel mij nu heeft (mede ook door het menu)
    Gwent snap ik nog geen reet van, @Maddmonkey nog extra tips? of komt het vanzelf?

5. AnubisNefer

AnubisNefer Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Nope, ben halverwege deel 2 maar ik heb geen zin.... ;-)
    . Wil eigenlijk aan deel 3 beginnen, maar ik twijfel tussen deel 2 laten of eerst afmaken...

Maar zoals ik eerder zei, ik heb geen zin hahaha haha.

Have fun man. Dat gaat vast lukken.

Mallakai vindt dit leuk.
  6. Mallakai

Mallakai Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Haha zonde man, maar begrijp het wel.
    Begin gewoon aan deel 3 als je even Destiny moe bent :+

Thanks dude

7. Maddmonkey

Leuk Bevonden:
    I have about 34 hours on Witcher 3 at the moment and a big chunk of that is to do with Gwent, fun little game it is. Here I've compiled a bunch of tips that have helped me play!

Don't focus on winning the first round

Basically you want to use the first round to use spies and get card draw while trying to force your opponent to spend his special cards and big combo cards so they don't get used later. Try not to go over 10 - 12 damage on the first round unless you can win with more cards in hand then your opponent.

Always try to have more cards then your opponent

This is important! For a lot of the Gwent games you will play having more cards then your opponent is essential. Some people disregard spies since they give your opponent more attack power but in reality the two cards you get in return will probably be worth more.

Save the bigger cards for later

Wait to use your big cards until you see what cards your opponent plays. If they have a bunch of close combat enemies then instead of using your 10 attack close combat card, freeze them and use something else. Also if you plan on using a big card then try and make your opponent spend his special cards first.

Don't keep more then minimum units in deck

Having more then the minimum amount will just mean you have to filter through more lesser cards to get to your better cards.

Select special cards depending on your deck

I'm pretty sure that the starter deck you get has a majority of siege weapons. Because of this, instead of having two or three torrential rains, consider having only one or two. This can apply for whatever cards you have.

Don't focus on one type of unit unless it counters opponent

If you focus on one type of unit then you will have a hard time since your whole deck will crumble to a single weather card. Don't be silly.

Remember that hero cards don't get effected by special cards

This may seem obvious but I personally have forgotten a few times and tried to double Yennefers attack or tried to debuff an enemy hero to one attack and failed. Don't be an idiot like I am.

Opponents will not change their decks

They use the same deck over and over and over until you beat them. Then they use it some more. Find their weaknessess and exploit them. For example, as far as I can tell the monster decks mainly pile up close combat, so put more Biting Frost in your deck then normal could benefit you.

If you're aiming for the quest where you collect all the cards then always buy all the cards as soon as you can

For me, the White Orchard Inn is closed now since I dismembered a bunch of dudes. Thanks to this there are some cards that I can't purchase anymore, I'm sure there will be more examples later on the game.

Think before decoy/heal

Try to prioritize healing cards that can have a combo, for example healing another heal card and then healing one more card from the card that was just healed. Healing spies can be extremely beneficial as well. Same applies for decoys. Decoys can also be helpful as a draw back if you think you're going to lose or as a taunt to try and make your enemies play their bigger cards.

Use your leader ability!

When you click on the leader during the game you will get an ability depending on the leader whether it be dispensing a special card or a free Commander's Horn. I didn't use this for a while since I completely forgot. Once again, don't be an idiot like I am.

Just as a little extra strategy, there have been a couple of occasions where I've won the first game and made a pretty good play that some of you may not have heard of. If you are losing the second game but think you can win don't always spend all your cards, check how many cards your opponent has. If they use all their offensive cards you win by default come round 3 given that you have at least one offensive card.

This is what I've gathered during my time playing, feel free to post more in the comments and I will edit them in. If you think I'm wrong somewhere, feel free to say :)

EDIT: List of cards here

Thread in Witcher forum regarding Gwent here

@ /u/yay4physics On the topic of decoy/heal. Decoy together with heal is a great combo. Play your heal card, get a card from the graveyard, decoy your heal card and then play it again to get another card from the graveyard.

@ /u/flizer Useful tactic I found, if your enemy uses a spy card on you, you can use the decoy card to bring the spy into your hand even though technically its the enemies. Then you can play it on their side and get the extra 2 cards.

@ /u/Speciou5 I get the idea of "not winning the first round", but blitz strategies are definitely possible. Especially with the third Foltest power (double Siege strength) and his natural ability of getting a card draw for winning.

I've taken the first round with very minimal cards via an overwhelming show of force (e.g. two catapaults, Foltest's siege warhorn, clear weather in my hand), then came out ahead when the opponent passes and I drop spies down.

@ /u/Spyder638 Scorch is an insanely good card after you're done baiting out good cards on your opponent, ESPECIALLY when you start playing against opponents likely to pull out horns on you, because every card will be extremely strong. (Scorch only kills strong cards, 7+ I think) Another one to add is: Keep your clear weather card if the opponent has a lot of cards left, as they could have a duplicate or another weather card that will hurt you. Just keep playing as if the bad weather wasn't there, and use clear weather as late as you can.

One thing I've found to work well is to lure the opponent into passing early in the first round by playing weak cards. Then you use weather and special cards to win just by one or two points. This usually leaves you plenty of force to win the second round.

Killamonkey, AnubisNefer en Mallakai vinden dit leuk.
  8. Jorrie

Jorrie ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Moderator

Leuk Bevonden:
    Of gewoon zelf uitvinden :+

Mallakai vindt dit leuk.
  9. VapoChill

VapoChill Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Naja, zijn goede tips hoor, ik heb ook weer een beginnetje gemaakt met Witcher 3, zit nu op level 5.
    Gwent is altijd wel tof, kan steeds niet winnen van die bloody baron. }:]

Maar als je een eerste gwent match verliest, dan ben je ook een kaart kwijt of niet ?

10. Jorrie

Jorrie ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Moderator

Leuk Bevonden:
  11. Yellow 13

Yellow 13 Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Die van de Baron kan je wel verliezen. Ik had namelijk een rood kruisje in het vakje wat groen had moeten zijn. Geen kaart, quest wel complete gek genoeg. Na Baron geen kaarten meet verspeeld overigens, maar misschien met die nieuwe patch laatst dat ze ook wat gefixed hebben hier en daar. Collect them all is gelukkig failed bij mij. :)

12. Maddmonkey

Leuk Bevonden:
    Zorg voor die achievement er voor dat je sowieso wel wint uiteindelijk. Zodra je verliest van iemand die als reward een random kaart geeft, dan lockt die kaart aan diegene. Je zal hem dan alsnog moeten verslaan voor de kaart dus.

@yellow: pfff gelukkig. Alle gwentkaarten verzamelen was het tofste aan het hele spel.

13. Gamingspoints

Gamingspoints DutchPixel - Team Gamingpoints.nl

Leuk Bevonden:
    Vandaag The witcher 3 gehaald. (better late than never)
    Is kijken hoe het bevalt!;)

Mallakai vindt dit leuk.
  14. Zumpelvelder

Zumpelvelder Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Kunt geen kaarten verliezen, enkel missen... Alhoewel die kaart van de Baron altijd op te pikken is in zijn 'kantoortje' volgens mij. (zijn wel meer 'verstop-plaatsen' aan de game toegevoegd waar je kaarten alsnog kunt vinden mocht je die gemist hebben tijdens bepaalde quests)

Gwent als minigame was uiteindelijk super tof, speel het nu nog steeds met regelmaat voor de fun, alleen het verzamelen van de kaarten was helaas te langdradig en onoverzichtelijk...

Yellow 13 vindt dit leuk.
  15. Yellow 13

Yellow 13 Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Dank je wel. Helder. :thumbs:

16. Xandorra

Xandorra Eigenlijk best wel gezellig

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ik mis alleen de Dandelion kaart snapte geen zak van gwent tijdens die missie nu inmiddels een gwent meester

verstuurd via Tapatalk

17. Robbdie

Robbdie Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Vind het hele wereldje zó ongelofelijk tof, ben er nog lang niet klaar mee. Heb zojuist dus maar de eerste twee Witcher boeken besteld :). Andere mensen hier die de boeken hebben gelezen? Ben zelf erg benieuwd. Heb The Last Wish en Swords of Destiny gehaald. Dit zijn twee boeken met losstaande verhalen waarin blijkbaar de hoofdpersonages worden geïntroduceerd. Als het me bevalt tot ik later wellicht de novellenreeks op de kop.

Mallakai vindt dit leuk.
  18. Mallakai

Mallakai Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Jep heb die zelf gelezen, gisteren toevallig uitgelezen, leuke verhalen staan erin.

Andere boeken staan ook in bestelling.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn E6653 met Tapatalk

Killamonkey vindt dit leuk.
  19. Killamonkey

Killamonkey Niet zo aanstellen! XBW.nl VIP

Leuk Bevonden:
    Boeken zijn nice!

Mallakai vindt dit leuk.
  20. Mallakai

Mallakai Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Zit nu toch al best diep in de game, en ik vind de game echt super!
    Zo zonde dat ik maanden geleden niet even heb doorgezet maarja

En ja ook Gwent is leuk :D zelfs verslavend.

Maddmonkey en AnubisNefer vinden dit leuk.

Deel Deze Pagina