1. Deze website gebruikt cookies. Door deze website verder te gebruiken, gaat u akkoord met ons gebruik van cookies. Leer Meer.

[PS5] Horizon Forbidden West

Discussie in 'Games' gestart door Yerewn, 15 jun 2020.

1. Reckuuza

Reckuuza #ACHTERBUURTHOOLIGAN#LOMPEBOER#XBWSFINEST#NEKDIE

Leuk Bevonden:
    HORIZON = CANCELLED

Fiasco, Garrett, Tyrant en 1 andere persoon vinden dit leuk.
  2. Yerewn

Yerewn Zo lekker gewoon gebleven

Leuk Bevonden:
    ok ok, zeg mn preorder wel af.

Reckuuza vindt dit leuk.
  3. Garrett

Garrett Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    TROEP

Reckuuza vindt dit leuk.
  4. Fiasco

Fiasco Big Stepper XBW.nl VIP

Leuk Bevonden:
    MEETEN BIJ GUERRILLA VOOR DE DEUR

Reckuuza vindt dit leuk.
  5. Zifnap

Zifnap Koehl en gecollecteerd

Leuk Bevonden:
    Deel 2 wordt ook een succes, al is het maar dat gamers obv de naam ook deze game gaan aanschaffen. Beetje zoals bij AC eigenlijk. Fanfare genoeg vanuit Sony. Of je het leuk vindt of innovatief is een tweede. Maar God of War is ook niet innovatief. En toch leuk. Dus dat.

6. Zifnap

Leuk Bevonden:

Jullie niet kijken, ik wel kijken. Wat mij gelijk opvalt zijn de hoge kwaliteit animaties en dan vooral de gezichtsanimaties. VEEL beter. Als in kwadraat. De ogen, de wenkbrauwen en de mondhoeken zijn een stuk beter geanimeerd en leiden meer tot de verbeelding. De uitdrukkingen zijn menselijker en minder houterig, wat vooral goed doet in de vele NPC dialogen. Mooie ontwikkeling, want hoewel Zero Dawn een mooie wereld had, viel er nog veel te verbeteren aan de NPC animaties. Verder de belofte dat quests minder filler gericht zijn en meer betekenis aanbrengen in de wereld. Dit is een mooie belofte en hopelijk is dat ook zo. We gaan het zien. En dat kleuren palette (incl HDR belichting): WAW. Zoveel SF games met een jungle setting zijn er niet, dus dat wordt voor sommigen van ons weer genieten. Mooie metalen monsters ook weer. Guerilla Games in zijn element. En dan te bedenken dat Forbidden West een cross platform titel is.

Laatst bewerkt: 25 jan 2022
    WorkingTitle, Matrix en Zumpelvelder vinden dit leuk.
  7. Yerewn

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ja alles motion cap nu. Zin in!

Zifnap vindt dit leuk.
  8. ExquisiteSteez

ExquisiteSteez Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Killzone 2 MP was wel echt geniaal hoor (SP trouwens ook). Eerste PS3 game destijds. En helemaal grijs gespeeld.
    Ik heb bewust nauwelijks beelden van Forbidden West gechecked.

Maar kan me er deels wel in vinden. Horizon voelt nergens echt uniek ofzo (hoeft ook niet, welke game is wel uniek ?). En het heeft een beetje een generic feel.
    Net geen Witcher 3 quality. Maar imo wel een stuk beter dan die "been there done that" openwereld crap van Ubisoft.

Ben wel benieuwd naar Forbidden West. Niet super hyped ofzo. Maar heb gewoon weer zin in een AAA first-party exclusive. En ben benieuwd naar de verbeteringen tov deel 1.
    Dus ga hem denk ik wel op day one halen.

Zifnap vindt dit leuk.
  9. WorkingTitle

WorkingTitle ..

Leuk Bevonden:
    Vond 1 wel echt waanzinnig. Vanaf het begin, moeilijkheidsgraad op hoogst, en dan die spanning tijdens het sluipen alleen al bij die Watchers. Wereld ontdekken is ook gewoon super als je weinig videos hebt gecheckt en niet precies weet wat je te wachten staat.

Ging ooit fallout 4 spelen als eerste fallout ooit zonder achtergrond info, dat maakt het exploren zooo tof.

Kijk wel echt uit naar deel 2 maar net als bij Dying Light 2 heb ik het idee dat ik na een eerste deel de echte verassing van wat je te wachten staat wel weg is. Je weet nu dat je ook kan
    zwemmen
    zou veel toffer zijn om daar pas tijdens het spelen achter te komen.

Zifnap en Matrix vinden dit leuk.
  10. Zifnap

Leuk Bevonden:
    Helemaal herkenbaar. Heb zelf op "hard" dacht ik gespeeld en dat maakte het sluipen zeker interessanter. Die kleine gasten zijn al irritant (door hun snelheid) wanneer ze je spotten, laat staan dat een tyrannosaurus op je afstormt.

WorkingTitle vindt dit leuk.
  11. Alexknl

Alexknl Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Moet hebben.

[​IMG]

12. MAD 1976

MAD 1976 Useless info here...

Leuk Bevonden:
    Eens. Ik weet dat ze ermee willen laten zien dat ze andere dingen doen, maar het neemt juist de verrassing weg.

Ik kijk wel erg uit naar de game, alhoewel ik het jammer vind dat ze Aloy haar hoofd zo...raar...gemaakt hebben.

13. Servantes

Servantes Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
  14. BigSyke

BigSyke Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Gave cosplay

15. Servantes

Servantes Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ars Technica -- Ars Approved
    February 2022 is proving to be a packed month for big-budget adventure games. There aren't enough hours in the week for anyone with a career, family, or life to beat the uneven-but-interesting Dying Light 2, the promising Souls-like adventure of Elden Ring, and the many, many hours of H:FW.

I can't tell you to pick one of these games over the other, let alone whether you should leave your kids stranded after soccer practice because you have one more side quest to complete in any or all of them.

But if you forced me to pick only one February game to recommend, I'd point to H:FW as the month's best testament to how beautiful, thrilling, and emotional video games can be. It also gets bonus points on the recommendation matrix for its healthy accessibility sliders, which, among other things, let anyone downgrade the combat to either "simple" or "cakewalk" difficulty levels. I still think H:FW is more fun with difficulty cranked up, so that players can't stupidly melee their way through some of gaming's most thrilling herd combat. But that's your choice to make, not mine.

Eurogamer -- Unscored
    While it's undoubtedly another accomplished game in terms of technical achievement and sheer visual spectacle - I'm reminded again of those incredible faces, and one particularly outstanding underwater level - I've enjoyed Forbidden West less than Zero Dawn. The main story has major issues, and the level design made it difficult for me to play the way I had previously enjoyed, while making a lot of the newer systems feel redundant. Beyond that, the sense is of a game where Guerrilla has cobbled together RPG building blocks often without making them work within the context of its own game, and in some cases actively worsening Horizon Forbidden West as a result. I don't expect groundbreaking innovation, but with using well-established elements there's always the danger of them having been done better elsewhere. Unfortunately, with Horizon Forbidden West that's often the case.

GameSpot -- 8/10
    Horizon Forbidden West does a lot more right than it does wrong. It might be jam-packed with stuff to see, do, know, and remember, but when its many systems come together, it can be a beautiful, exciting, and delightful open-world experience. The story that drives you through the frontier is often well-told and does well to center actual characters rather than audio logs, and while the map is littered with icons, it's much more often that they're fun, skillfully crafted diversions than random busywork to fill a checklist. There's a huge amount to do and see in Horizon Forbidden West, and the great majority of it is worth doing and seeing thanks to strong writing, great visuals, and some marked improvements to the series' underlying ideas.

IGN -- 9/10
    A triumphant combination of enthralling combat, top-tier creature and character design, and a captivating open world, Horizon Forbidden West is an absolute blast and fantastic showcase for the power of the PS5. Although the return of a couple of familiar series trappings and a noticeable lack of freeform climbing never threatens to derail the enjoyment, it does leave it falling frustratingly short of something revolutionary. Major evolutionary steps have firmly been placed in the right direction, however, and there’s no doubting the many, many hours of fun to have with Aloy, who stakes her claim further to be one of this generation of gaming’s greatest characters. Guerrilla has outdone itself yet again with Forbidden West, and at this trajectory, neither the horizon nor the sky's the limit for what could come next.

PowerUp Gaming -- 8.5/10

Do not mistake me here; with additional patching, Horizon: Forbidden West is still a top-tier game that’s well worth emptying one’s pouch of metal shards to purchase. In no time, I fell back in love with the hunter-gather loop and the methodical nature of its machine murdering – I have no doubt you will, too. Those epic, sometimes 20 minute long fights I had with the 40 odd cast of megafauna machines…man, I’ll be telling my grandkids about some of those one day.

Basically, I still think the emergent battles you stumble across in Horizon: Forbidden West are the end boss fights that lesser games wished they had. If you hold gameplay to be your chiefest concern, as I do, then this safer than expected sequel still absolutely hunts.

Push Square -- 9/10

Overall, Horizon Forbidden West is a huge improvement on its predecessor. The map is diverse and full of stunning sights; characters and conversations are so much better; and the already great gameplay is enhanced with new weapons, more options, and better melee. The story doesn't have quite the same element of surprise as the first game, but it still builds upon things with some daring twists of its own. Any minor quibbles we have melt away when the game's firing on all cylinders. It's a gorgeous, wildly fun action RPG, and there's nothing else quite like it.
    Stevivor -- 6.5/10

But that’s how it is at the end of the day. It’s a game of contrasts. A game about robot dinosaurs where you spend far too much time fighting robot meerkats and boars instead for some reason. One with brilliant voice acting that you begin to hate because some characters won’t shut up. Where the side quests are great, but they’re so simple as to feel pointless. Where the combat features a complex balance between elemental strengths and weaknesses but you can ignore all that via a rain of explosive spearheads.

If you look at it from that perspective, it almost makes sense that Horizon Forbidden West is the most linear open world game I’ve ever played.

The Washington Post -- Unscored

Whenever a highly anticipated sequel comes out, there’s the inevitable question of how it stacks up to the original. “Horizon Zero Dawn,” Guerrilla Games’ award-winning, 2017 open-world RPG, set a high bar with its compelling story and gorgeous environments. I can definitively say after rolling credits on “Forbidden West” that it not only meets that bar, it parkours over it and soars off on a robo-bird into the sunset.

Laatst bewerkt: 14 feb 2022
  16. MAD 1976

Leuk Bevonden:
    Zin in!

Ik wil eigenlijk Zero Dawn nog een keer doorspelen (nu op PS5 zonder de jet-engine van de PS4 op de achtergrond) maar weet niet of ik dat ga halen voor vrijdag ;(.

Zifnap vindt dit leuk.
  17. Zifnap

Leuk Bevonden:
    De Eurogamer review laat doorschijnen dat het veel van hetzelfde is. Natuurlijk zijn er verbeteringen. Maar toch vooral de kwaliteiten van deel 1, zowel als de valkuilen. En nog meer tekortkomingen, zoals het lenen van RPG invloeden uit andere games, zonder goed de context te begrijpen. Anderzijds, de reviewer zelf laat wel een vermoeide indruk achter...

En dan zie ik dit soort reviews:

En ik denk bij mezelf "oh, dat zit helemaal goed". ;)

Dit is een blockbuster titel. Massa entertainment en niet noodzakelijk een politiek statement. Een fantasierijk toevluchtsoord voor ontspanning. Om uren van je tijd in te avonturieren en te verdwalen. Voordat je aan Forbidden West start, vraag jezelf af: 1) wat verwacht ik hiervan en 2) zijn mijn verwachtingen realistisch?

Laatst bewerkt: 14 feb 2022
  18. Yerewn

Leuk Bevonden:
  19. Zifnap

Leuk Bevonden:
    Je zou het kunnen overwegen voor het verhaal, want dit is een direct opvolger in dat opzicht. Aan de andere kant: misschien is er op YT een samenvatting hiervan te vinden?

20. MAD 1976

Leuk Bevonden:
    De enige reviewers die ik volg en kijk zijn Skill up en ACG. Nog geen miskoop gedaan met die 2.

Deel Deze Pagina