1. Deze website gebruikt cookies. Door deze website verder te gebruiken, gaat u akkoord met ons gebruik van cookies. Leer Meer.

[Algemeen] Halo 3 [Deel 12]

Discussie in 'Algemeen' gestart door CaptnCook, 22 dec 2007.

Topicstatus:
Niet open voor verdere reacties.
  1. RedDevil_NL

RedDevil_NL Ginger Kid

Leuk Bevonden:
    Wat lul jij trouwens Vendoefel? De gamertag die jij in je profiel heeft, heeft bij Halo 3 990/1000..

2. EXCEDO

EXCEDO :)

Leuk Bevonden:
    ik zie toch egt 1000

3. RedDevil_NL

RedDevil_NL Ginger Kid

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ehh.. ja nu opeens wel... Vaagheid :9 100% zeker dat dat vanmiddag niet zo was.
    Lol @ deze match van mij vanmiddag:
    [​IMG]
    Rumble Pit.
    25 Kills - 0 Death's.
    1 Untouchable
    1 Perfection
    1 Open Season
    1 Sharpshooter

Edit: Correctie trouwens, had ze zelf allemaal na 8 dagen :)

Laatst bewerkt: 17 jan 2008
  4. Cover

Cover Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Die game was tegen mensen die stilstonden?? twee generals zonder kills, experience boosters??

5. RedDevil_NL

RedDevil_NL Ginger Kid

Leuk Bevonden:
    Idd fokking sneue gasten. Staan ze daar met een account 'EXP boost' fzow.
    Dus ik samen met een maat lekker iedereen killen :9 Wel leuke medailles.. mja niet erg legaal ofzow ;)
    Snap dat soort lui EGT niet,, ben je fokking general en word je alsnog geownt.. wa dom.

6. Vendoefel

Vendoefel Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Klopt ik had de avond voordien geen internetconnectie kon de xbox mijn GS niet uploaden. Dat kan wel zijn dan dat je 990 zag.

7. Marruk

Marruk hallo

Leuk Bevonden:
    Weet iemand waar ik ergens de 4 Halo Uprising strips kan vinden/downloaden/zien?

8. Dark Miracle

Dark Miracle Guest

De nieuwe map pack schijnt klaar te zijn.

So the second DLC pack is at a stage we call Content Complete, which means that everything is done and all that remains is test and tweak. The real names have all been decided and we just finished the map descriptions. They’re still a little ways off – thanks to the rigors of the test process.

“Cottonball”

I’ll talk about the biggest one first. And it’s HUGE. For the purposes of this, we’ll codename it Cottonball. I guess a game of Big Team Snipers would be possible, but anything else would be comical without vehicles. This is very much a large scale objective game map – designed first and foremost with CTF and Assault in mind. The map is almost, but not-quite-perfectly symmetrical. Some natural geology prevents each base from being a simple mirror image of the other. I say natural, but the map is set on a Halo, so, natural’s not exactly correct.

The map leads to the kind of long, drawn out megabattles that hearken back to the days of the original Halo and the crucial to and fro of an epic LAN party. Its inclusion of a surprising vehicle or two may make it even more interesting than it already sounds.

I’ve played this a lot (although less, by necessity than the other two) and I have found a couple of very compelling and addictive rhythms. The map is large enough so that even when a team makes off with your flag, there’s still a lot of ground you can use to catch up. The other is that each side has some wonderful shortcuts – natural and mechanical – that may not make great flag escape routes, but might let a mobile pursuer cut off escapees.

And I know I am in the minority on this – but I sometimes have trouble knowing precisely where I am headed on a more confusing map – I would call out Epitaph as an example –often I will burst through a door thinking I am headed to say, the Active Camo power up, only to find I am not where I thought I was. For some reason, massive and labyrinthine as it is, this new map never confuses me. I always know which way is up – and that fact has saved my bacon and our flag, several times.

“Purple Reign”

The next one, we’ve already codenamed Purple Reign, may be the last one to get a graphical addition – as one of our artists had an inspired and simple idea at the last second. Technically it’s content complete, but hey, it wouldn’t hurt to add something small and fascinating.

The map, as we’ve mentioned before, is perfectly symmetrical, slightly too big to be small and slightly too small to be medium. It has some excellent line of sight and well thought-out verticality problems and opportunities. Bridges make short work of long open sections and a central hub is sure to be fought over. Perhaps one of the most interesting features is the use of one-way glass. Iridescent material can disguise your location while you spy on approaching bad guys.

The map is too confined for genuine cat and mouse activity at those chokepoints and a warren of claustrophobic lower areas makes high ground and control essential. Luckily there are several ways to get up top, from careful jumps to spiraling ramps. Luke and I have played a huge number of one on one matches here – often in SWAT to keep the duration sensible, but it’s a map that really encourages showdowns and it’s a remarkably fun place to trade BR fire and hurl elegant, predictive Plasma nades for hundreds of yards.

Although it’s built for Slayer, the objective games work beautifully too. If frenetically – lots of dropped flags and frantic attempts to reset while ‘nades assplode all around you.

“OK Corral”

The third and final map, that we’ve nicknamed OK Corral, is a medium-to-large, asymmetrical map that I LOVE playing Slayer on. It’s just big enough to support vehicles, but in a Mongoose, it’s effectively a confined deathtrap. Vehicles are only to be used in emergencies. This map scales pretty well though – in a one-on-one match, there are obvious places to fight close to the center of the map – but the more players there are, the more they tend to sprawl into the outer reaches of the maps, complete with collapsed buildings, wreckage-strewn structures and lots of rebar.

Sniping spots are numerous, but that’s not really what the level is about. What it is about is mastering routes from one end to the other, and knowing high from low. There is nothing scarier than seeing a red dot appear on your radar and not knowing whether that person is above you, or around the next corner. Some interesting use of floor geometry means you might be able to spot someone on high, but not quite have the angle for a shot.

9. Heroic

Heroic Halo

Leuk Bevonden:
    Vandaag Two For One en Overkill achievement (eindelijk) gehaald. Moet nu nog Terminals, wat skulls, 7 meta games en Killing Frenzy.
    Heeft iemand tips om de Killing Frenzy in Lone Wolves te halen?

10. ryan23

ryan23 Spartan23R

Leuk Bevonden:
    hopen dat het een sword game is, dan heb je hem zo te pakken :)

11. Nielesss

Nielesss Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    En als dat het geval is en je charged tegelijk op elkaar af, zodat jullie schilden allebei weg zijn. Sla de 2e keer met B! Die is sneller dan de trigger :)

12. Rbz NL

Rbz NL Xbox Juan XBW.nl VIP

Leuk Bevonden:
    Oooooh vandaar word ik de heletijd geownt met sword games. Ik dacht toch echt dat we tegelijk sloegen. :p

13. Heroic

Heroic Halo

Leuk Bevonden:
    Dankje Ryan _O_
    Ja dat heb ik ook vaak. Ik verlies heel vaak bij Swords/Hammers. Maar volgens mij is Swords/Hammers ook een game waar de gene met de beste connectie dik voordeel mee heeft. Ik geloof dat Amerikanen hier dus voordeel mee hebben. Omdat Swords simpelweg is wie het snelste ook mept.
    Heb het maar gehoort *)

14. Berrie

Berrie Nakkie d'r bij?

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ja, heb je een punt natuurlijk. Goede verbinding bij swords is wel zo handig..

Maare, mischien een stomme vraag, maar danet kwam een vriend spelen. Op een gegeven moment ging hij naar huis en wou ik hem uitloggen, maar hoe doe ik dat?:eek:

15. Cover

Cover Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Op zijn controller de xbox dashboard knop indrukken en dan de blauwe knop (sign out) :thumbs:

16. joeperd

joeperd TaH PoWnz0r

Leuk Bevonden:
    van 't weekend met z'n vieren halo op heroic uitgespeeld :) was supermakkelijk nu gaan we het nog 1x op legendary doen :cool:

17. Dark Miracle

Dark Miracle Guest

Halo 3 met z'n vieren op Legendary is ook een piece of cake.

18. RedDevil_NL

RedDevil_NL Ginger Kid

Leuk Bevonden:
    Hehe vanmiddag even voor een vriend lonewolves gedaan (hijs luitenant ofzow,, 1 grijs blokje). Gelijk slice n dice gehaald.. Daarna nog een super dikke overkill, jammer dat die niet op mijn eigen acount/ in lonewolves was :9

19. joeperd

joeperd TaH PoWnz0r

Leuk Bevonden:
    klopt}:] maar dat doen we dit weekend \o/ egt zin in

20. Amadeuz

Amadeuz Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Had ik gisteren ook, eerste potje TS 24kills zonder dood te gaan.
    Dus Killin Frenzy, Runnin Riot, Rampage, Perfection. 1kill te weinig voor 25kills, welke medaille daar bij hoort weet ik niet.

Topicstatus:
Niet open voor verdere reacties.

Deel Deze Pagina