1. Deze website gebruikt cookies. Door deze website verder te gebruiken, gaat u akkoord met ons gebruik van cookies. Leer Meer.

[PC] guildwars

Discussie in 'Games' gestart door the only ego, 1 nov 2004.

1. Ji E Toy

Ji E Toy Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Op het moment DoA aan het doen, meteen maar een full run, even voor het naar bed gaan:p Net disconnecte de UA dus konden we niet verder :mad:
    Ign btw: The Mad Old Warrior (Warrior ja..:p)

2. Jorrie

Jorrie ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Moderator

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ik moet nog steeds die Elite missions doen :mad:, heb nu wel 137 ecto's btw :+

3. Ji E Toy

Ji E Toy Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    DoA is echt super makkelijk. Gewoon DWG zijn en een beetje spammen. Kom een keer mee als je tijd hebt. DWG is btw voor elke profession.

4. Jorrie

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ik vind het prima, maar welke build is het dan? Als ik het opzoek vind ik de GvG/HA build?

5. Ji E Toy

Ji E Toy Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Hier staan alle builds voor alle professions. Verder is het gewoon spammen en mee lopen met de rest van de dwgs. Leg ik wel uit als je mee gaat. Wat is je ign?

6. Jorrie

Leuk Bevonden:
    IGN:I Murderer I

Hoe lang duurt het eigenlijk :9

7. Ji E Toy

Ji E Toy Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Als je geluk hebt en je hebt geen fail groep duurt het zo'n anderhalf uur voor alle vier de delen en misschien Mallyx erbij. Anders doe je er langer over, maar als je 1 deel gedaan hebt wordt dat in ieder geval opgeslagen. Ook kun je eerst de vier areas doen en dan met een andere groep Mallyx, aangezien een fr (full run) vaak zonder Mallyx is. Ik voeg je wel even toe als ik geen zin meer heb in Red Dead Redemption;)

8. Jorrie

Leuk Bevonden:
    Prima, gaan we eens een keer doen :)

9. Sliv

Sliv The One and Only

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ik wil op zich ook wel mee. Heb R8 Lightbringer op mijn Ele als dat helpt :)

IGN: Kyra the Archsage

10. Ji E Toy

Ji E Toy Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Je mag wel mee, maar Jorrie en ik hebben vandaag al beetje gekeken wanneer we kunnen, en dat is niet heel vaak. Maar goed, ik ga vaker, dus kom maar een andere keer mee als je niet tegelijk met Jorrie kunt;)

11. Sliv

Sliv The One and Only

Leuk Bevonden:
    Op verzoek: Mijn Guide to Power Trading. Hij is wel in het Engels want ik heb hem oorspronkelijk geschreven voor mijn guild, maar hopelijk is het een hulp :)

I've seen a lot of people interested in power trading lately, so I decided to come up with a thread like this. I've been reasonably succesful with trading in the past few months, and I can share some information which might be useful. I hope you find this guide helpful and maybe it'll help some of you get off the ground with power trading.

First of all I would like to mention that power trading has its risks. You can potentially lose as much money as you gain. It has never happened to me before however, and you can minimize the chances for this if you are very careful.

A side note: I will be talking about Low End and High End trading in this guide. With High End, I mean wares which go in the likes of 100 ectos and up, with Low End being everything below that.

Getting started

To get things off the ground, I would recommend to get at least 200K. That is the amount I started with, and it's enough to make a reasonable amount by just power trading, but depending on the efficiency of your farming it might be better to farm until about 500 K. Remember: Money makes money, and the more you have, the faster it will go.

There are a few things you should know about power trading when you enter the market:

Know your prices: If you don't know how much items go for, you'll never be a succesful merchant. It's important to know the general range in which wares sell, how volatile its price is, and how fast it will sell. If you're looking for an item to buy and resell, you are often weighing the time and risk of the trade to the profit on the deal. An example of this is the following:

Somebody is selling a Spear of the Hierophant in Kamadan. You decide to whisper the seller and hope for a bargain. The range on the spear is 70-80 K, where it will sell reasonably fast at 70 K or slow at 80 K. The price is stable enough that it won't go down in the time you will need to sell the item. This is a good trading item.

The most you will want to pay for the price is entirely personal. Especially in the beginning, I wouldn't waste my time on a deal if it wouldn't earn me at least 10 K, but if you are willing to put time in a 5 K profit that's fine as well. A large amount of small profits is also a big profit.

If you are unaware of prices, be sure to befriend some traders and ask price checks from them frequently. When I started up, I befriended another trader and we price checked items for each other because we both traded in a different market. This way, we both got the better out of it. You will gradually learn prices on items as you power trade, so you will have to ask prices less and less when you spend some time trading. Another thing to remember is Guru. While I have no love for the site (I get banned for sneezing there) it is an excellent way to learn prices. Just use the search option and search for RECENT trades of your item. That is usually a good indication.

Important!!!

NEVER, and I repeat, NEVER, take the prices in the general price check threads on Guru, or whatever site, for granted. These prices are usually outdated and can differ more than 500% from the value listed there. I can never repeat this enough, and I still run into people weekly who blindly follow the guru prices. If it's to your benefit, trade them and they'll learn soon enough. If not, just ignore them or try to explain their foolishness. (Stay polite :) )

Diversify your investments

Sometimes, a market can suddenly crash. This has recently happened to the High End miniature market after the reveal of the Hall of Monuments Calculator. If you invest all your money in one type of item you could lose your fortune in such a crash. Therefore it is usually advised you invest in different types of wares. One could, for instance, invest in a Spear of the Hierophant, Miniature Celestial Tiger and an Everlasting Macabre Tonic. If one of the items crashes, you'll not be hit as hard as if you had put all your money on one horse. I'm not saying you should turn down a good deal because you already have a type of a certain item, but diversifying your investments is a way to reduce trading risks.

Know where to trade

This is a point of debate. Some of the traders swear to Spamadan, and sell everything there. I however, think that the place you're trading really impacts your effectiveness. Kamadan is very populated, which means lots of potential buyers and sellers, but also less exposure of your trade message. Many seasoned traders camp Kamadan, so a lot of good deals get picked up very early there.
    Lion's Arch is a different story altogether. You will find fewer traders here, but also more people who are inexperienced with the market. Especially in the low end side of the market, a lot of good deals are to be found here. (Speaking of experience, I made a lot of good deals in LA when I started trading)
    Great Temple of Balthazar is also a useful place to sell items. It may seem very quiet there, but there are a lot of lurking High End buyers to be found there. So it's very useful for - for instance - trading High End miniatures. This is also the place where you'll be selling your Zaishen Keys should you come across some.
    Last is Kaineng Center. This town is pretty dead when it comes to trading. The only items that really excel in Kaineng are green weapons. Many players who just get from Shing Jea enter Kaineng Center and want to get a good weapon for their toon. But apart from that, you'll want to stay clear of this place.

Be patient!

Patience is a very important trait for any succesful trader. Don't get disheartened when your item doesn't sell for a day, and don't let it go for less than it's worth easily. People who cling to their items for a few more hours to get a better profit make more money. There are of course circumstances where this doesn't go up, for instance when you've invested all your money. Then you would benefit more from fast, less earning deals than from slow, bigger earning ones. But when you have a cash stash in your storage and a few items to sell, be patient and wait for the buyer that is willing to pay the proper price for the item.

Communication

Now that you know the basics of trading, you'll want to get started out.

Deciphering the trade messages

Trade advertisements can be sort of confusing at first sight, so I made up a little list of some basic and common abbreviations used in trade messages:

S/B: Starting Bid ((The minimum, or starting bid of an auction)
    C/O: Current Offer (The current highest offer on the auctioned item)
    R/B: Reserve bid. (This is the minimum for which a seller will part with the auctioned item. Meaning: When the R/B is met, the seller will usually name a time frame in which the auction will end, marking a winner.) Any bids below the R/B are free to be discarded by the seller. This may seem odd to you, because why would anyone bid below the R/B? The answer is simple: The seller might change his or her mind, and if the R/B hasn't been met for a long time he or she can consider the bids that have been done below the R/B. This happens often enough that it is still viable to bid below the R/B)
    Req, R or Q: The attribute requirement for a weapon (For instance: A bone staff which requires rank 9 in Soul Reaping would be abbreviated as Bone Staff R9 Soul Reaping)
    WTB: Want to Buy
    WTS: Want to Sell
    WTT: Want to Trade

There are tons of other abbreviations that are used in trading, but these are the most important, and the others are usually obvious or you'll learn them while trading.
    It's important to clearly communicate your trade message to the other people in town. Therefore, try to stick to existing abbreviations and only use them if absolutely necessary. Nobody can buy your item if they don't know what it is.

Handling other players

Another thing to be mindful of is how you treat your (potential) customers. My creed is to always stay polite. You will meet douchebags often who think you're a lunatic for asking 180 ectos for an Everlasting Beetle Juice. Cursing them with all your power isn't going to get you anywhere. Trust me, I tried it hard enough. The ignore list is there for a reason.
    If people are happy with how you treated them, they will be happy to trade with you in the future. Don't hesitate to note the name of somebody when he makes clear that he is interested in certain items. Should you come across one of those items in the future, you'll have a potential buyer already. Building networks like these can really fasten up your trading, and also make it a more social and enjoyable experience. Who knows, maybe one of your customers may turn into good ingame friends.

The Search Option

Perhaps your most dear friend while power trading will be the search option. This nifty little tool will help you to see all the trade messages across all districts in a town, which allows you to spot good deals early. This option can be found on your party window, at the bottom center. Look in the trade pane to see what other people are selling and buying. Be mindful though that only a part of the trade message is shown, so if you'd like to know more you may need to whisper players to ask for their complete trade message. Another thing to take note of is that since only a part of your trade message is shown in the search window, it might be a good idea to alter your message so it is informative to other players using the Search window. You can see how your message looks like to other people in the Search window in the upper right corner of the window.

Investing

This is what you'll be doing while power trading: Investing your money in items of which you know you can sell them for more. There are different types of items you can invest in. On a rough basis, I will divide the market in four section:

- Weaponry
    - Miniatures
    - Tonics
    - Consumables

Weaponry

Weapons are a big presence in the Guild Wars market. They can vary from simple greenies worth 1K to Crystalline Swords worth thousands of ectos. Items to watch for in this section are weapons with popular skins, such as the Crystalline, Bone Dragon Staff, Eternal Blade etc. Items with a requirement of 8 are also popular among collectors and can therefore also go for a hefty amount of gold. Be aware that it is often hard to price check items in this category correctly, and I would therefore define it as the most risky category out of the four. It is also the most profitable however, if you know the prices well.

Miniatures

By far my favourite section. Miniature prices used to be very predictible until the HoM update came, and they will probably be again in a while. Birthday miniatures always go down in price over time, with a few rare exceptions such as Mad King Thorn going up during Halloween and Freezie going up during Wintersday. Other than that, be mindful you don't hold on Birthday minis too long. Discontinued minis (minis that can't be acquired anymore) will generally go up. The most expensive items in the game belong to this category. You can think of Miniature Pandas and Nagas in this category, which go for thousands and thousands of ectos, but also the Pig miniature belongs to this category, which didn't go for more than 20 K before the HoM update. You can usually hold these miniatures on for a longer time since their price will be stable or go up. It is only affected by updates of GW (such as the HoM stuff) but are usually a safe investment.

Tonics

A thing to be mindful about with tonics is the Monthly principle. Every month, a certain tonic will drop from the Zaishen Chest. This tonic will therefore be common during that period and its price will be low. Tonics that haven't been monthly for a while are usually the priciest. Be mindful of this: You wouldn't want to buy a pricy tonic if it will be monthly in a week and its price will tumble. Other than that, it is a reasonably small yet safe market in which you can make some profit. It's nigh impossible to get all your income from this section though, because it is so small.

Consumables

I'm using the word Consumables in a broad sense. This includes things which boost you in combat, such as Essences of Celerity, Wintergreen Candy Canes and Honeycombs, but also things that give party, sweet and drunk points. Especially since the HoM reveal, there is a steady demand for these items so there's a market for it. Prices in this section are reasonably stable and are therefore a safe investment, but it's usually hard to come across sweets in large enough quantities to make it really worth the time. But if you do, don't hesitate to grab a good deal.

Types of investing

I usually define two types of investing you can do while power trading:

- Short term investing
    - Long term investing

Short term investing is what you'll do most when power trading. This means buying low and selling for more, usually selling the items within two weeks of buying the item. This is usually the best way to power trade when you're not very rich, because you make very effective use of your money. This method is very time intensive.

Long term investing is a type of investing which requires minimal effort, but takes a lot of time and requires you to read and predict the market on a larger time scale. An example of this can be given by the people who started hoarding Diamonds when Eye of the North came out, determined in their standpoint that the Diamonds would go up once GW2 drew near. With the recent HoM reveal, diamond prices have shot up, and these investors were rewarded for their investment after three years. This is an extreme example, but investing usually takes at least two months to be succesful. This method is only viable if you have a lot of spare money that you're willing to put aside for a large amount of time.

Other

Currencies

When you enter the 100K+ zone, you will soon find out that paying with cash isn't going to work at some point. You will be turning to other types of currency then to match the value of pricy items. I will note the most common currencies besides gold:

- Globs of Ectoplasm

By far the most common currency used for trades above 100 K. Globs of Ectoplasm are acquired in the Underworld, and because of its high value it has become a popular type of currency since the beginning of Guild Wars. Expect to meet this currency a lot during trades.

- Zaishen Keys

Zaishen Keys are obtained through PvP: Either by winning High End PvP matches or trading in Balthazar Faction at Tolkano in the Great Temple of Balthazar. These keys were introduced into the game in a later stage than the Globs of Ectoplasm, which is among the reasons why it's not as widely used, but it is a widely accepted type of currency.

- Armbraces of Truth

Armbraces of Truth are obtained in the Domain of Anguish: Either by gathering enough gemstones to trade for one, or as a lucky drop from a Coffer of Whispers. These items can be turned in for Tormented Weapons, but they're also used as currency for the most expensive items in the game. You will probably not encounter this type of currency unless you count yourself among the most succesful traders in GW, and by that time you probably won't need this guide anymore :)

Time is money

An often heard misunderstanding is that if you farm the materials yourself, something is free. This is absolutely wrong. I can explain this with an easy example:

You want an Oppressor's Shield,costing about 100 K, so you do the WiK quest chain which takes 8 hours. When you power trade, you make 30 K per hour. The quest chain yielded you 100 K while power trading would've yielded you 240 K in the same time frame. This way, you have lost a potential 140 K.

I'm not taking into account the fun the quest chain can be of course, but I hope I get my point across. Farming items is never more profitable than power trading/farming other items unless it makes more per hour than your usual method.

End note

I hope I have been reasonably comprehensive in this guide, and I also hope that it will help some of you who are aspiring to be power traders. Everybody can be a power trader, and everybody can be rich if you put your mind to it. Power trading involves a bit of luck, but ultimately, you yourself can determine whether you are succesful at it or not. Every time you spend money, try to realize it's hurting your trading capabilities because the less money you have, the less you can potentially make. Spend that which you have wisely, and you may some day bathe in ectos, just like some of the elite traders the GW world knows. See you in Kamadan!

Laatst bewerkt: 17 nov 2010
  12. Jorrie

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ga straks eens door lezen, heb 135 ecto's dus dat zal wel moeten gaan lukken qua geld :+. Bedankt in ieder geval!

13. Ji E Toy

Ji E Toy Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Tx;)

Voor degenen die de Underworld nog moeten, hier een kleine guide voor een old school team. Dus geen speed clear, maar gewoon 4-5 uur lang voor je standbeeld vechten. Ik heb m gebruikt om groepen door uw te leiden, en met een team dat naar je luistert werkt het. Verder is het altijd handig om te weten wat je te wachten staat als je niet de leiding hebt;)

Ok, as soon as you go in, you’ll be in the labyrinth. Clear this, then accept the quest from the lost soul. Then, kill all the spawned groups of grasping darknesses northeast to the grenth statue. Kill the terror web dryders last, as this will spawn a reaper of the labyrinth, which you have to defend or you wipe.
    After killing the terror web dryders, get the quest restoring grenth’s monuments. DON’T take any other. Go west to the village, kill everything, again dryders last. This will spawn the reaper of the forgotten vale.
    Take the quest he gives (Wrathful spirits) and clear the village of those level 15s that somehow have real much health or armor and last for way too long.
    Accept the reward, then teleport to the labyrinth by talking to the reaper of the vale. Accept the escort of souls quest here and escort the souls to the village. There’ll be lots of mesmers popping up, so walk just in front of them.
    Teleport to the labyrinth again and go east now, to the ice wastes. If you see behemoths, go back, if you see smites, you’re on the right way. Go towards the statue, killing the dryders last again. The quest is a hard one, position your team so that you can take on the spawns of dryders (18 total, it isn’t finished when the quest tells you it is, there’ll spawn more) where they don’t target the reaper AND king frozenwind. (See wiki and youtube on how to position yourselves).
    Teleport back to the labyrinth and head south now to the twin serpent mountains. Find your way to the dryders, kill them last again. Accept the quest demon assassin and go down to wait for the demon assassin to come to you. Kill it, then wait for the dryders and kill those too.
    Now go out of the mountains to the chaos planes. When you see baished dream riders and wailing lords, you’re on the right track. Kill the lords first, then the riders as they spawn specters, first a group of 3, after killing that there’ll be 6 then 9. Kill the dryders last again, then divide your party down the only two ways you can go and have someone take the four horsemen quest. There’ll be dryders coming again, hold them off and accept the reward. Now move west to the spawning pools. When you see a lot of spiders, you’re on the right way. Kill them, and if the reaper spawns (you can’t see which ones will spawn him) defend him. Take the quest and kill the terror web queen.
    Teleport back to the chaos planes and go north into the bone pits. The chained souls will respawn everytime you kill them, so don’t worry. Free the reaper and have your party to go to the bridge. Accept imprisoned spirits, defend the spirits and kill the dryders.
    Teleport to the labyrinth and get the last quest, unwanted guest. Now teleport to the vale and walk back to the labyrinth, killing the dryders on your way. Kill the keeper of soul first, as his death will kill the vengeful aatxe, which can’t be hurt any other way apart from breaking agro(they die instantly when you do, but it’s a very long run as they follow you very far). Now teleport to the ice wastes and walk back, killing the keeper of souls and dryders on your way.
    Finally, accept the reward. Now all quests are done. Apart from one. Fighting Dhuum.
    Teleport to the ice wastes and go west from the reaper. Here you’ll find king frozenwind. Accept his quest and walk into the room that’s next. The quest will not start before everyone walks into the room. You can do this in several ways. You can all stay alive, keep off Dhuum and his minions while the Dhuums rest bar will slowly, very slowly, fill up. This might take over 30 minutes though. You can speed this up by letting one of your teammembers die. It is hard if you’re in normal mode, but it can be done;). Now your dead teammembers become spirits. They can use the skill dhuums rest which will fill up the bar. This goes way faster than letting the reapers do it. Keep healing the reapers meanwhile. When you fill the bar, Dhuum will become vulnerable. He can’t be given any conditions or be knocked down (Only when you have earthbind up he can be knocked down, for some reason). Once you’ve got his health down to 25% he’ll surrender and sit down. Screenshot time and chest time. Accept the reward if you want, and open the chest for your reward.
    Good luck!

14. Zer0 Hiro

Zer0 Hiro In the digital flesh

Leuk Bevonden:
  15. Ji E Toy

Ji E Toy Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
  16. Zer0 Hiro

Leuk Bevonden:
    BfLA is nu ook makkelijker gemaakt met de nieuwe update ;)

17. Jradman

Jradman Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Heb net voor die update BfLA gehaald. :+ Viel wel mee, nu nog makkelijker? Pfft.

Waar kan je die nieuwe questline starten? Kan het niet vinden. :p

18. Zer0 Hiro

Leuk Bevonden:
    Heb nog niet gekeken, maar het staat vast op die wiki link die ik eerder heb gepost.

19. Jradman

Jradman Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Enige wat ik heb kunnen vinden is een huge convo in HoM. :p

/edit: Ah, wiki weet meer. Tnx!

Laatst bewerkt: 19 nov 2010
  20. Sliv

Sliv The One and Only

Leuk Bevonden:
    Is er iemand hier die nog GvG serieus speelt? Ik hoor namelijk dat de GvG-community aan het imploderen is en dat gaat me wel aan het hart, want ik heb GvG altijd een erg leuke vorm van PvP gevonden. Dus als iemand nog een guild heeft die tegen een mensentekort aanloopt en die een nieuwe speler wel wil accepteren in de wereld van PvP, dan wil ik wel voor jullie guesten :)

(Ik speel zelf graag monk. Ik heb wel wat infuse ervaring in GvG (heel lang geleden) en monk ook veel in RA :D

Deel Deze Pagina