1. Deze website gebruikt cookies. Door deze website verder te gebruiken, gaat u akkoord met ons gebruik van cookies. Leer Meer.

[Sport] Basketball [Deel 2]

Discussie in 'Actualiteiten, Sport, Entertainment en Lifestyle' gestart door Tyrant, 12 mrt 2012.

1. Burt Macklin

Burt Macklin Formerly Known As

Leuk Bevonden:
    GSW 116 - CLE 137.

Laatst bewerkt: 12 jun 2017
  2. Fiasco

Fiasco Big Stepper XBW.nl VIP

Leuk Bevonden:
    Comebaaaaack incoming

3. Tyrant

Tyrant Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Laatste stuiptrekking denk.
    Maar wie weet haha

4. Tyrant

Tyrant Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Zonde.
    Kerr vind ik maar een matige coach maar dit team is gewoon te OP.

5. Burt Macklin

Burt Macklin Formerly Known As

Leuk Bevonden:
    Kevin Durant MVP, maar inderdaad dit team..

6. Fiasco

Leuk Bevonden:
    Dit was een van de meest gare playoffs ever.
    Vorig jaar was sowieso een speciaal jaar met Kobe en betere playoffs, dus mijn verwachting was al laag. Maar damn, zo jammer dit allemaal.

7. Garrett

Garrett Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Tja. Ach.
    Iedereen haalt ook zo'n beetje hun schouders op over deze winst. Knap hoor

Kunnen saaie jaren gaan worden

8. Tyrant

Tyrant Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    LeBron gaat iig niet zn carreer afsluiten bij Cleveland.
    Wellicht gaat er in LA een superteam worden gevormd?

9. Tyrant

Tyrant Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    I'm not a statistician but here's my Methodology that I made up
    I compared each vote vs. the average value for the player receiving the vote.

Example:

1. DeAndre Jordan received 54 total vote points out of 100 media members, for an average of 0.54 points per media member.
    2. Steve Kyler voted DeAndre Jordan for All-NBA 1st team which is worth 5 points
    3. 5 points – 0.54 points (avg) = 4.46 point differential (absolute values taken, higher is worse -- this isn't the same value in the table below fyi)
    I did this for every vote from every media member for both All-NBA and All-Defense teams, and summed them up. I kept All-NBA and All-Defense separate for now since votes are tallied differently in both categories, plus All-NBA has 3 teams and All-Defense has two.

Then I added up all the point differentials for All-Defense and determined how many standard deviations the voter was off the mean. I repeated this for All-NBA and then added the two scores together to create a "Voter Ineptitude Score." Just go with it.

Non-Scientific Results:
    One man stood head and shoulders above the rest in voter ineptitude:

Richard Walker, Gaston Gazette.
    Who is this scrub??? Just like the 'P' in Swaggy P, it's a mystery. He DOMINATED the top of the "worst picks" chart; it's kind of impressive.

Most egregiously was his abysmal voting for All-Defense. He didn't vote for Kawhi for All-Defense at all. Who did he vote for?

• Karl-Anthony Towns as 1st Team All-Defense... in the forward position
    • John Wall and Russell Westbrook as 1st Team All-Defense. Bruh.
    • Damian Lillard and Nic Batum as 2nd Team All-Defense
    • Hassan Whiteside as 1st Team All-Defense which isn't the worst thing in the world until you realize that he voted 2 centers for the 1st-Team and neither one was Rudy Gobert.
    • He only voted for 3 of the 11 players with the highest vote totals for All-Defense (no vote for Kawhi, CP3, PBev, Tony Allen, Danny Green, Roberson, Avery Bradley, or Klay Thompson)
    Kawhi made the cut as a 3rd Team All-NBA selection for him, so at least there's that.

Here are the 10 "worst" voters relative to the consensus voting results, just to see how much of an outlier he is:

VoterPublicationVoter Ineptitude ScoreMost Unpopular Picks
    Richard WalkerGaston Gazette7.21(see above)
    Lisa Shen YangTencent4.08Eric Gordon and Dwight Howard for All-Defense 1st Team, Rudy Gobert not on any All-Defense team
    Ric BucherBleacher Report3.94DeMarcus Cousins 1st Team All-NBA – most of his picks aren't terrible but there was just a lot of small differences
    Marc BermanNew York Post3.85LeBron 1st Team All-Defense wasn't a very popular pick ahead of Kawhi
    Steve KylerBasketball Insiders3.44DeAndre Jordan 1st Team All-NBA, Lillard 2nd team All-NBA ahead of CP3, Wall, IT, DeRozen
    Ailene VoisinSacramento Bee3.13She's on that Nikola Jokic hype-train with him All-NBA 1st team
    Marcelo NogueiraOle3.11His All-NBA teams weren't TOO egregious for the most part and kept him afloat (missing AD though), but IT 3rd Team All-Defense? Come on. Plus Iggy and Wall 1st team… He should beway higher on this list tbh
    Ben GolliverSports Illustrated2.74A lot of mildly unpopular picks (Andre Roberson 1st Def over Kawhi)
    J Michael FalgoustCSN Washington2.47No Durant on any All-NBA team, Whiteside All-NBA 2nd Team, DeRozen All-NBA 2nd Team
    Flavio TranquilloSky Italia2.45Robert Covington 1st Team All-Defense, snuck Giannis onto 1st Team Defense as a guard, Westbrook All-NBA 2nd Team behind Curry
    (I should note that this is mostly done in jest and out of curiosity. Not every voter should have the same opinions, and going against the grain isn't really "wrong." But if you're going HARD against the grain in numerous votes, then maybe we should raise an eyebrow and figure out who this jabroni really is.)

Anyways, my methodology is dumb and I don't really care, whatever. I should have weighted All-NBA heavier than All-Defense since the defense teams had such a high variance. Here's what I found at least.

Edit: Some people think this is vote-shaming or whatever so let me just re-iterate that I was doing this for fun and just decided to share it. Don't be an asshole to the voters on Twitter, but if they want to explain their choices a little then I see nothing wrong with that. Isn't that kind of what the media is all about? Offering analysis and different points of view?

Take these "results" with a grain of salt; they are super crude and you can't really derive anything specific from them. There are only a couple votes that I would consider suspect or nonsensical, but if someone thinks that DeAndre Jordan was the best center in the league this season then by all means vote for them. That's why there are 100 voters and not 10.

Edit again: Ignoring the comments that take this too seriously, there's a lot of great input here. Some comments suggest doing something differently or running different numbers, but A) I was at work at the time (see: username) and then got really busy, and B) my spreadsheet started small and then got messy since I didn't really plan things out well, so I'd have to totally restart. It's something I'd be interested in analyzing differently/better but I don't have the time right now so maybe if I get free time again. Sorry!

:lol:

Die stemmers zijn echt geweldig. KAT in het defense team. Of IT.

10. Garrett

Garrett Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    CP3 wut

Nu gaat Blake natuurlijk nog lopen en dan:

[​IMG]

11. Tyrant

Tyrant Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    DeAndre and 4 combo guards. Ladies and gentlemen, the Los Angeles Clippers

Haha en Houston gaat nog achter Melo/Millsap of George aan.
    *stapt op de bandwagon

12. Fiasco

Leuk Bevonden:
    Dus Paul George bijna zeker naar OKC? HYPE.

13. Garrett

Garrett Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    1 jaartje

14. Dedemsvaart

Dedemsvaart redonkulous

Leuk Bevonden:
    Jaaa! PG naar OKC :D Wat een zieke off-season tot nu toe.. play-offs/finals waren mega saai though..

CP3 naar Houston, PG (in feite voor Ibaka getraded :p) naar OKC.. De Celtics gaan interessant worden de komende jaren hoor benieuwd of ze Hayward gaan krijgen.. de Houston trade vind ik raar omdat James Harden dé ballhandler is voor de Rockets, al is het misschien puur om betere assets te hebben. Ik zie Harden en CP3 niet echt goed samenspelen.. de rol van PG gaat ook interessant worden, kan het wat worden met Westbrook en hem?

Laatst bewerkt: 1 jul 2017
  15. Tyrant

Tyrant Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Wtf is indy aan het doen? Maar goed dat ik geen team supporter ben maar een player supporter, kan ik lekker met de bandwagon richting Oklahoma.

Ook benieuwd naar Philly en Minnesota dit jaar.

16. Garrett

Garrett Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    En het jaar derop naar de Lakers!

17. Tyrant

Tyrant Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Mn shirtje ligt al klaar!
    Zou Russ meegaan naar LA?!

18. Garrett

Garrett Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Enige kans dat hij vertrekt is naar LA denk ik ja. Hij komt daar echt vandaan toch.
    Al denk ik dat hij na vertrek KD misschien OKC heel zijn carriere wil dragen. Maar dat kan zo veranderen na een slecht jaar hoor... Of na een goed jaar met PG

Vertrek van KD naar Warriors en zijn flinke paycut nu 8) heeft in ieder geval voor flinke verschuivingen gezorgd. Spelers gaan all in voor superteams, en teams kiezen voor volle bak meedoen of juist afhaken tot de Warriors/Cavs/Lebron weer uit beeld zijn (5/6/7/8/9 jaar)

19. Tyrant

Tyrant Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ja het Oosten is nu helemaal kut. Daar speelt écht niemand meer... Behalve LeBron.

20. Garrett

Garrett Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Hij moet alleen nog maar playoffs gaan spelen.
    Rest van het jaar beetje liggen

Deel Deze Pagina