1. Deze website gebruikt cookies. Door deze website verder te gebruiken, gaat u akkoord met ons gebruik van cookies. Leer Meer.

Alan Wake

Discussie in 'Algemeen' gestart door rikkel, 11 jun 2005.

Topicstatus:
Niet open voor verdere reacties.
  1. WinterBase

WinterBase #VOTEFORRECKA XBW.nl VIP

Leuk Bevonden:
    Zo, ik ben blij :) Beelden zien er goed uit :D

2. Fiasco

Fiasco Big Stepper XBW.nl VIP

Leuk Bevonden:
    Te creepy voor mij :eek:

3. strapping young lad

strapping young lad Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Zag er ZEER goed uit.. en dan te bedenken dat het een gigantische open wereld is ook nog eens.. wow.
    Maar dan, spring 2010.. yikes, haalt de hype er meteen weer vanaf.

4. PePzi NL

PePzi NL Ōkami! XBW.nl VIP

Leuk Bevonden:
    Leek wel erg veel op Alone in the Dark... Desondanks wel errug vetjes _O_

5. DulleNL

DulleNL I'm a little teapot Magic Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Nais. :9

Ziet er erg goed uit. Erg goed..

Spring 2010 pas. :'-(

6. Rebel8319

Rebel8319 XBW Addict

Leuk Bevonden:
    Scary shit :9

zag er goed uit ,soort nieuwe/oude RES vibe vond ik

7. f4TaLNL

f4TaLNL Marcus

Leuk Bevonden:
    Trailer:

Gameplay 1:

Gameplay 2:

Gameplay 3:

Laatst bewerkt: 1 jun 2009
  8. strapping young lad

strapping young lad Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Dacht eerst dat ze de PC versie lieten zien.. maar dan komt de (A) knop van de xbox controller in beeld, echt heel indrukwekkend mooi en sfeervolle graphics.. dat wordt een mooie, uhm.. 2010. :)

9. baszs

baszs Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
  10. Hybrid

Hybrid Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Te creepy voor me. Maar het zag er zeker tof uit.

11. SjaccoPopino

SjaccoPopino Stay Frosty

Leuk Bevonden:
    Gameplay zag er tof uit! En ik hou van creepy games, dus deze ga ik zeker aanschaffen!!

12. Tyrant

Tyrant Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ik ben een watje, dit wordt denk ik te scary voor me :'-(

13. Go Ahead Eagles

Go Ahead Eagles Go Ahead Deventer!!!

Leuk Bevonden:
    Hoe heet dat 1e nummer in het 1e gameplay filmpje?

14. Tyrant

Tyrant Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Groove Cutter - My Shooter

15. FR-thaan

FR-thaan Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ga m wel proberen denk ik! Altijd goed dat die in de lente uitkomt, dit jaar kwam er voor mij niks leuks uit de afgelopen maanden, volgend jaar dus iig Alan Wake, verwacht ik.

16. baszs

baszs Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    beetje een Lost sfeertje.....nice

17. DulleNL

DulleNL I'm a little teapot Magic Member

Leuk Bevonden:

Alan Wake Hands-on Impressions
    The impossible has happened, introspective writers are officially badasses.

June 2, 2009 - I'll start this out with good news and bad news. First the bad news: The version of Alan Wake that I managed to get my hands on at Microsoft's press event late last night was essentially a modified version of the demo shown at the company's Monday press conference -- which means that I'd already seen the environments and situations presented. The good news, however, is that the demo is just a precursor to a longer demonstration that Remedy will start showing behind closed doors today once the Electronic Entertainment Expo officially starts.

Now if you missed the conference stage demo (which you can view by clicking that link up there), here's a quick snapshot of what Alan Wake is all about: You are Alan Wake (surprise!), a novelist who hasn't written anything meaningful in a few years. To help you with your severe writer's block, your wife Alice has suggested taking a trip to the postcard-friendly town of Bright Falls -- perhaps to use as a setting for your next masterpiece. Of course, the game is a suspense-laden ode to the supernatural, so it doesn't take long before your woman completely disappears and you're on a hunt to find her. The twist? Your "psychological thriller" manuscript that you don't even remember writing is slowly coming into reality as your follow Alice's trail. Creepy stuff!

[​IMG]
    You need more than a gun to survive this nightmare.​

One of the immediate bright spots in this very dark adventure is how the narrative is told. Even in its abridged 10-minute format, Alan's narration of the story as it unfolds is highly dramatic and well acted -- and the fact that he's reading his own story for the first time is an interesting take on a familiar "find the missing person" formula. Also of note is the TV-style presentation. Though Remedy wouldn't confirm an episodic structure per se, the team did provide a rather sumo-heavy inference to it. From what we can tell, each chapter starts with a "Lost-"style recap of the events leading up to your current dilemma, and from there you play the chapter through to its conclusion.

The segment I played was the now-familiar stage that follows Alan as he searches for an acquaintance named Rusty who may know where additional pages of your manuscript are. Finding more pages will help Alan understand his story better, and understanding the story better means that you're one step closer to Alice. Of course, you never really see Rusty directly -- you just follow his screams through a series of pitch-black locations.

The game itself plays in similarly to most modern-day action games and shooters. The right trigger fires your weapon of choice (which can be cycled through via the directional pad) and the right bumper activates road flares that you can use as a source of light. You see, light plays a very important role in Alan Wake, as it's the only thing that dissolves the dark shields around inanimate objects and people that have been taken over by the "dark force." While most dark shields fade with time, it's not quick enough to keep you in the clear by just waiting around -- you have to be smart and ready to shine the light at your enemies at a moment's notice; the trick being that your flares are special pick-ups and your always-armed flashlight has a battery that drains away pretty quickly.

[​IMG]
    Remember this bulldozer, it's important later.​

What I enjoyed most about Alan Wake as I moved from cabin to cabin in the eerie mountain village of Bright Falls, was how effectively Remedy has implemented strong action-oriented gameplay without sacrificing atmosphere. Alan is the only normal person in a very paranormal place, and he's not the type that can just run and gun his way through the horde of evil things surrounding him. Running away is probably the smartest strategy in the game and combining that cowardice (or as I like to call it, tactical withdrawal) with a clever use of your flashlight and gun combo is every bit as entertaining as previously 'roided up horror titles like Resident Evil 5.

Besides the use of light, Alan has other tools at his disposal. Weapons like pistols, shotguns and flare guns blast your unshielded enemy with great sound effects, and the ability to dodge (with left bumper) puts your reflexes to the test. Of course, using the environment to protect yourself is a key tactic as well (finding street lamps to shun your foes away, turning generators on to create an impromptu shield for yourself or using trees or other big obstacles to block incoming projectiles is just the start. Interestingly, my experience with Alan Wake was somewhat less intense than the demo shown on Microsoft's stage, as the number of enemies was toned down quite a bit, so I never saw the army of Dark enemies that we saw today. Remedy says this was intentional, because they wanted us to a get a feel for how the game works in conjunction with its atmosphere without overwhelming us with too much too early.

Most of everything else we know about Alan Wake can be seen in the oft-mentioned MS stage demo that I've already talked about several times over (and I encourage you to check it out). Based on everything I've seen so far, though, Alan Wake is already one of the most interesting, and one of my most anticipated, upcoming games over the next year. Here's to hoping it lives up to its potential.

18. Dedemsvaart

Dedemsvaart redonkulous

Leuk Bevonden:
    Damn, deze game ook pas nu ''ontdekt''.
    Ziet er gruwelijk uit, en het verhaal en de sfeer boeien me ook erg.

Toch weet ik het nog niet. Games als deze weten mn aandacht altijd te grijpen maar het spel zelf vind ik vaak te sloom en saai.... ik vergelijk het nu een beetje met fallout 3 dan.

Maar waar kun je deze game het best mee vergelijken dan?
    Kruizing tussen Resident Evil en......een wat meer actiespel?

19. NuclearGoat

NuclearGoat PSN: Acrillic

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ben blij dat we weer wat gezien hebben. Was ook bang dat Alan Wake allang achterhaald was, maar dit is absoluut niet het geval. Deze was toch al aangekondigd voordat de Xbox 360 überhaupt gereleased was?

20. [2k]

[2k] XBW.nl VIP XBW.nl VIP

Leuk Bevonden:
    Geen idee, is iig al een flinke tijd in ontwikkeling. Volgens mij tijdens een E3 aangekondigd na de launch van de 360.
    Game weet mij iig nog niet erg warm te maken, met wat ik er vandaag van zag.

Topicstatus:
Niet open voor verdere reacties.

Deel Deze Pagina