1. Deze website gebruikt cookies. Door deze website verder te gebruiken, gaat u akkoord met ons gebruik van cookies. Leer Meer.

[Centraal] Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic

Discussie in 'Algemeen' gestart door Clawviper, 5 jun 2003.

Topicstatus:
Niet open voor verdere reacties.
  1. Fardo

Fardo Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:

oops sorry ... Ik bedoelde www.ebgames.com :eek: bij amazon koop ik meestal (naast play mijn DVD's). Ik keek naar mijn laatste order in mijn e-mail list ... zag daar dus het mailtje voor amazon ... maar daar ver onder stond ebgames ... (het was laat gister ... ik had vierkante oogjes) ...

nb je moet wel een NTSC xbox hebben op een PAL (europese xbox werkt deze niet)

dit was mijn eerste game die ik gepreorderd had uit de states ... ik heb mijn NTSC box voor dit spel en eventueel Fable gekocht (mocht dat geen world wide release zijn)

Ik weet niet meer ok BG2 ook al D20 was (volgens mij niet) maar het werkt eigenlijk het zelfde .. een hele hele goede verhaallijn .... en dit is het eerste spel dat ik naast Halo langer dan 4 uur achter elkaar kan spelen (verslavend)

Wintv = is een videocapture kaart ... tv kijken op je comp kan je dus ook plaatjes mee capturen van je xbox .. maar zijn niet ubervet

2. Jeroen

Jeroen nomnomnom

Leuk Bevonden:
    Maar het is natuurlijk altijd handig voor de gene die meer van het spel willen zien :)

3. Fardo

Fardo Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Microsoft Xbox
    Reviewed by Joshua Griffin
    I Hate RPGs
    Let me just tell you right up front I'm not a RPG-lover. In fact, I would have to say that they come right after the dance genre on my list of games I avoid like the plague. So when LucasArts sent me Knights of the Old Republic for my trusty Xbox, I knew I wasn't going to have a good time.

Man, was I wrong.

From the moment the trailer starts in the beginning of the game you know that there's been an amazing amount of detail put into this game. And while it isn't going to become my favorite Star Wars title made (Xbox Clone Wars still holds that) and won't become my most played game (Halo, anyone?) by any stretch, it is a striking example of a game gone right in a world of mediocrity. It has shattered my expectations of a RPG and finally made me believe there's one out there I could actually enjoy. I'm not running out to buy all of the Final Fantasty games tonight and Chrono Trigger will still be left off my Top 100 Games of all Time list. But still, there is a good time to be had by all here - from the most hard core rollers to the newbies who are just in it because it says Star Wars on the package.

Total Immersion
    The absolute and total immersion of this title is the first point of interest. The game takes place thousands of years before the "known" Star Wars universe so the creators had a chance to make a great game and toss in a Star Wars feel without having to be overwhelmed by it. Instead of the normal "follow the plot of the movie" or run right along side of it we get a seriously imaginative storyline without these typical limiting boundaries. In fact, the game is absolutely massive and even gets to take us to places unfamilar and others in the established canon. Players will visit new worlds and spend time in other exotic locations like Chewbacca's homeworld of Kashyyk and Tatooine. The storyline is quite interesting and a breath of fresh air from the typical title.

Graphics
    The graphics are sharp and realistic, aided by the fact that the games pace is basically walking around cities and locations. The framerate is solid and while the edges of the poylgon models are still a bit sharp it is some of the best graphics you're going to find on the console. I still feel Splinter Cell has an edge here, but in no way does that title attempt this scale. You can see in the background of the cities for forever, watching spaceships fly about and huge transports land on a nearly docking station. Again, total immersion and great graphics that are totally consistent with the Star Wars universe. There's till typical gripes though: some characters look terrible and the closeups are just too close. Yoda looks like he's seen much better days and some of the character models look SO cheesy. But all in all, way above the other consoles and above par for this day in age.

Sound
    I just recently got the Dolby Digital receiver working in the house and it was just in time. The sound is fantastic, with piles of ambient noise to fill the halls of the apartment or the duel arena with the nervous crowd. You just can't beat it here, one of the strongest points of the title is what LucasArts always does best - deliver great sound and effects. And we would be remiss to not talk about the voice acting - finally a game that brings it all together. Not only is there such a huge volume of dialogue recorded, but in most instances you really believe the characters. Again, immersive to the hilt. A big commendation to LEC and Bioware for delivering some great voice work, aside from the occassional points where two sound bytes recorded separately didnt' mesh well side by side.

Summary
    Honestly, this game has it all. I was worried about it since we faced some delays a few months ago but the extra time was really worth it. Star Wars fans will love the story and the familiar universe feel - but finally a serious original story we can grab on to. RPG lovers will get into it because it stays true to its roots in character and delivery. And maybe, just maybe, a HALO addict like me will even enjoy it to the end.

9.2 / 10

(source: www.theforce.net)

4. Fardo

Fardo Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    even lachen

[​IMG]

5. Jeroen

Jeroen nomnomnom

Leuk Bevonden:
  6. aggie

aggie Overloper

Leuk Bevonden:
    O, daar heb jij je ava vandaan ;)

7. Brainboy

Brainboy Master of the Mind

Leuk Bevonden:
    Fardo, die heb ik al lang gezien, ik kijk elke dag op Penny Arcade, is een echt toffe en grappige webcomic... De newposts zijn ook soms heel grappig...

Ja, dat is Tycho Brahe (Tycho) van Penny Arcade... De andere heet denk ik Jason Gabriel (Gabe)... Of misschien John of zo...

8. kierewietje

kierewietje Diehard

Leuk Bevonden:
    bruut spel hoor, sinds gister aan het spelen en ben nu een level 5 scout. dit spel blijft vermakelijk, is groot en erg verslavend.

9. masterofthegame

masterofthegame the best saiyen

Leuk Bevonden:
    hij is toch nog niet uit of wel????

10. Pegas

Pegas XBW.nl VIP XBW.nl VIP

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ze hebben allemaal de NTSC (of hoe dat ook noemt) versie.

11. Graveheart

Graveheart Groovy XBW.nl VIP

Leuk Bevonden:
    _O_

Maare, waneer komt KOTOR nou in de EU uit?

12. Pegas

Leuk Bevonden:
    26 September of vroeger, ik weet het niet meer juist.

13. ErroX

ErroX Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    26 september staat op ToTheGame.com

ayways ik heb em hier (Amerika) al zien liggen (niet echt gek iig)
    misschien kan ik em wel meenemen.. let wel op dat het NTSC is .. pm me maar :)

14. Fardo

Fardo Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Dude koop een NTSC box + deze game echt de moeite waard ... ik moest mijn box op laten sturen

15. Fardo

Fardo Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    alvast een voorproefje

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. LifeLongGamer

LifeLongGamer Used Register

Leuk Bevonden:
    Misschien dat het oud nieuws is, maar ik wou diegene die geinterresseerd zijn in een review van KOTOR ff doorverwijzen naar www.gamespy.com. Een of andere lucky bastard heeft hem mogen spelen en zijn relaas neergetikt.

Had ik de game alvast maar :'-( .

17. Scotch

Scotch Magic Tape

Leuk Bevonden:
    Het spel is al een tijdje uit in de VS dus hij is niet de enige. :) Hier staan alle reviewtjes op een rijtje: http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/556553.asp

Gemiddelde is nu 94,3%, eindelijk weer is een echte AAA titel voor de Xbox.

18. LifeLongGamer

LifeLongGamer Used Register

Leuk Bevonden:
    |:-

Dank je voor de info. ;)

19. Pegas

Leuk Bevonden:
    Er is wat meer bekend over downloadable content:
    Bron: IGN

20. ErroX

ErroX Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    dude, ik heb net een GBA-Sp gekocht met 9 spellen :) (NTSC)
    een xbox heb ik al, en heb geen zin om er een te kopen voor $179,95

Anyways, ik kan em mee nemen en dan betaal je ongeveer

50 - 60 euro!

Topicstatus:
Niet open voor verdere reacties.

Deel Deze Pagina