DJ Hero

Discussie in 'Algemeen' gestart door DulleNL, 19 mei 2009.

1. Ypuh

Ypuh Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Haha, dream on. Extra geld investeren om extra inkomsten mis te lopen? Wat voor zwakke non-ondernemers instelling is dat?

2. Distoration

Distoration Da diii

Leuk Bevonden:
    Pardon?
    Misschien maken ze dan wel een extra duur kabeltje om je gear bruikbaar te maken weet jij veel;)

3. Ypuh

Ypuh Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Right... Maar hebben ze op elke willekeurige platenspeler tegenwoordig al een Guitar Hero connector zitten en een drietal knoppen? Met je fantasie is in de geval niets mis, maar wees eens realistisch. No offense.

4. DulleNL

DulleNL I'm a little teapot Magic Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    DJ Hero to feature 100 tracks, original mixes

DJ Hero will ship with mroe than 100 individual tracks - including music from Black Eyed Peas, 50 Cent, Justice, Marvin Gaye, Beck, Beastie Boys and N.E.R.D. - Activision said today.

DJ Shadow, DJ Z-Trip and DJ AM will all contribute original mixes to the game.

Watch E3 next week for tons more on this.

5. Danny-DH

Danny-DH Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    WTF dat is toch geen muziek om DJ op te spelen :mad:.

6. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    [gt]49793[/gt]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Laatst bewerkt: 29 mei 2009
  7. Ypuh

Ypuh Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Amazed. Ben zwaar benieuwd hoe het eruit gaat zien, maar toch denk ik dat ik deze skip.

8. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    Jay-Z and Eminem added as “consultants” for DJ Hero

Activision has turned to the pros for its upcoming DJ Hero, and these pros are none other than Jay-Z and Eminem. The two are have taken consultant positions on the game and have contributed tracks.

A special-edition bundle of the game will include a greatest-hits CD from both, possibly with new tracks, an advanced version of the controller, DJ stand, and a metal traveling case.

This is all according to USA Today, who interviewed both artists regarding their contributions.

“I don’t want to give away any surprises yet,” Eminem said in an e-mail interview. “DJ Hero will include my music, and I’ll be providing additional material as downloadable content by the end of the year.”

Jay-Z seemed impressed with game claiming that “you actually get lost doing it”, and that it creates “a DJ’s universe.”

Good thing

Laatst bewerkt: 29 mei 2009
  9. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    Pre-E3 2009: DJ Hero Impressions
    At Activision's pre-E3 event, one game in particular blew all the IGN editors away.

May 29, 2009 - To the layman, exactly what a DJ does is a bit of a mystery. You know they mix songs together and scratch records back and forth, but just what goes on up in that DJ booth? Activision's DJ Hero is coming to enlighten the masses, giving them the power to mix, cut, and scratch along with some of the hottest mash-ups this side of a Too Many DJs release. Just as Rock Band and Guitar Hero have become house party staples, DJ Hero might see a new wave of amateur mixmeisters rocking their friends' gatherings. IGN received a demonstration of the music game in action at Activision's pre-E3 event, and all editors in attendance were blown away by what we saw and heard. Some of us may be getting tired of music games, but DJ Hero stands poised to reinvigorate us.

DJ Hero is being cooked up by FreestyleGames, the team behind another dance music-related project: 2006's B-Boy on PSP. Some members of the team are DJs themselves, and from chatting with them FreeStyle seems to have a great appreciation for DJ culture and dance music. We've already written a bit about how DJ Hero works. Here, we'll focus a bit more on why we like it so much.

[ign]14280894&downloadURL=http://xbox360movies.ign.com/xbox360/video/article/988/988077/djhero_trl_easydifficulty_52909_flvlowwide.flv[/ign]​

To begin with, the game sounds phenomenal. Setting it apart from all music games to date, most of what you hear in DJ Hero will be original mixes. Sure, you may have heard Gwen Stefani's "Holla Back Girl" and Rick James' "Give It to Me" before – but you probably haven't heard these two tracks mashed together with new beats and scratches poured over the top. Over 100 songs have been licensed and glued together in different combinations to create 80 unique mixes unavailable anywhere else. Everything we've heard so far is hot. These tracks are good enough to stand on their own. In fact, we asked FreeStyle if they plan on releasing the soundtrack but there apparently aren't any schemes at this time. It's a shame if it doesn't happen, because DJ Hero features some of the freshest mash-ups we've heard in a long time. The tracks revealed so far are:

• Benni Benassi "Satisfaction" vs. Black Eyed Peas "Boom Boom Pow"
    • Gwen Stefani "Hollaback Girl" vs. Rick James "Give it to Me"
    • Gorillaz' "Feel Good Inc." vs. Marvin Gaye's "I Heard It Through the Grapevine"
    • Chuck Brown & The Souls Searchers' "Bustin' Loose" vs. The Zombies' "Time of the Season" (DJ Shadow Mix)
    • David Bowie's "Let's Dance" vs. KRS-One's "Jack of Spades" (DJ Shadow Mix)
    • Nirvana's "All Apologies" vs. Rick James' "Give It to Me Baby" (DJ Shadow Mix)
    • Jurassic 5's "Jayou" vs. Herbie Hancock's "Rockit"
    • Tears for Fears' "Shout" vs. Eric Prydz' "Pjanoo"
    We also know songs by Beastie Boys, Beck, Blondie, Billy Squire, 50 Cent, Justice, Marvin Gaye, and N.E.R.D. will be included. It was just announced today that Jay-Z and Eminem will be involved in the Special Edition of DJ Hero. Jay-Z will contribute the songs "Izzo (H.O.V.A.)" and "Dirt Off Your Shoulder", but Eminem doesn't want to reveal his cards, yet.

At least three superstar DJs will appear in the game: DJ Shadow, DJ AM, and Z-Trip. Not only will they be lending their likeness, but each is creating mixes for players to rock. Activision has also confirmed that DJ Shadow's good buddy Cut Chemist is contributing mixes, but it is unclear at this time whether or not he will appear in the game. Shadow, Z-Trip, and Cut Chemist are all huge names in the scratch community and are highly respected turntablists. DJ AM is more of a club DJ, and notably was engaged to Nicole Richie.

[​IMG]
    DJ Shadow's in-game persona.

The turntable and mixer peripheral may be intimidating at first. It can be arranged for the left- or right-handed, but one hand will work the cross-fader while the other has to both scratch and press the three buttons on the record face. Seems like a lot to ask, right? Activision wants the game to be accessible to everyone, though, and assures us that DJ Hero will be friendly to all on its lower difficulty settings. In one example, when it's time to scratch players can move the record in any way they please on easy or medium settings. On more advanced difficulties, however, living room DJs will have to follow a specific pattern of onscreen arrows pointing up and down in order to pull off the scratch. For instance, you may have to move the record forward-forward-back along with the arrows. It may seem like eons ago, but there was definitely a learning curve the first time we all picked up Guitar Hero's plastic controller. We have a hunch DJ Hero will be a similar experience, and as people spend time with the peripheral they'll become more comfortable with it.

One game mechanic that is a little unclear is the rewind function. After building up a rewind meter players will be able to spin the record back to a favorite part of the song and play it again. This would allow us to extend a "break," or a particularly choice section of a song, just like a real DJ does. But how this will work is obscure. Can we set a cue point whenever we like?

DJ Hero has competition this year from another game called Scratch: The Ultimate DJ. One major difference between the two is that there aren't any free-scratch sections in DJ Hero. Any scratches you hear are pre-recorded and players merely follow along, just as they always have in Guitar Hero. In Scratch: The Ultimate DJ, players are able to improvise their own scratches with the peripheral.

Visually, DJ Hero is looking great – better than any Guitar Hero, so far. The camera angles are more dynamic and often cut in time with the music. Characters are still sort of cartoony and exaggerated but well animated. The go-go girls dancing onstage are downright sexy.

So DJ Hero sounds and looks great. But how does it feel? Activision is playing this one close to the belt and isn't letting us put our grubby little hands on it, yet. Until we can actually play it we won't know if DJ Hero is a grand slam. But it's already music to our ears. Look for more details to sneak out of E3 next week.

Finally, Activision has yet to release any screenshots of the mixer half of DJ Hero's peripheral, but you can get a video explanation from the developer right here:

[ign]14280894&downloadURL=http://xbox360movies.ign.com/xbox360/video/article/987/987700/djhero_interview_052809_flvlowwide.flv[/ign]

[ign]14280894&downloadURL=http://xbox360movies.ign.com/xbox360/video/article/988/988077/djhero_trl_mediumdifficulty52909_flvlowwide.flv[/ign]

\o/\o/

10. Vato G

Vato G Ben Howard

Leuk Bevonden:
    dit moet ik hebben, punt uit

11. BigSyke

BigSyke Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    misschien domme vraag maar is het spel niet heel makkelijk met maar 3 knoppen?

12. Ypuh

Ypuh Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ook 2 sliders en nog iets draaiends lijkt me... Ik wacht nog ff af, maar het lijkt me toch wel enigsinds leuk!

Aan de andere kant, ik heb hier 2 gitaren, een drumstel, Hori & MadCatz fightsticks, 2 normale controllers en nog enkele andere meuk liggen. Ik woon ook maar op een kamertje van 3 x 3.5m :p!

13. Distoration

Distoration Da diii

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ziet er leuk uit, maar die ander DJ game lijkt me ook leuk:)

14. Davey666

Davey666 Dislocated Boy

Leuk Bevonden:
    Nee, ik heb het nu echt gehad met al die hero games =(

15. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    Dit is pas de 2e hoor. :+

16. Davey666

Davey666 Dislocated Boy

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ik bedoel alles :9

Guitar Hero, DJ Hero, Rock Band (in mindere maten :+).

17. BigSyke

BigSyke Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    vergeetneit singstar/lips

Mario DDR, DK kongo bongo etc. Alles waarbij je speciale game controllers moet kopen bedoelt hij

18. Vato G

Vato G Ben Howard

Leuk Bevonden:
    Hou toch allemaal op met zeiken, er komen misschien nog wel 100 games uit dit jaar.
    Ga je dan lekker in games verdiepen waar je naar uitkijkt. Er is vraag naar dit soort spellen en 'mark my words'.
    Dit gaat straks ook weer als warme broodjes over de toonbank.

Ik ben alleen benieuwd of dit van de zomer al uit gaat komen of dat meer iets voor onder de kerstboom wordt. Is er al een release-datum?

19. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    Op Gamestop (US winkelketen) stond volgens mij 27 oktober.

Ongunstige datum als je het mij vraagt.

edit: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74928
    Prijs is nog weinig over te zeggen.
    1. Het is nog vroeg.
    2. Het is in US dollars, we weten niet hoe dit omgezet gaat worden naar Eurootjes.
    Ik denk dat het gewoon rond de normale GH prijs gaat liggen

Laatst bewerkt: 1 jun 2009
  20. Vato G

Vato G Ben Howard

Leuk Bevonden:
    Waarom ongunstig?
    Bedoel je dat voor ons gamers of voor de uitgever?

Die site kan het inderdaad wel mooi vertellen, maar daar hebben wij in europa natuurlijk niet zo heel veel aan. Denk idd wel dat tie rond de 100 euries gaat kosten

Deel Deze Pagina