1. Deze website gebruikt cookies. Door deze website verder te gebruiken, gaat u akkoord met ons gebruik van cookies. Leer Meer.

Guitar Hero: Smash Hits

Discussie in 'Algemeen' gestart door Daz, 6 mrt 2009.

1. xbox freaker

xbox freaker iemand

Leuk Bevonden:
    lees zen posts :/
    ook in het andere GH topic

2. Lenny-t

Lenny-t Melted Forest XBW.nl VIP

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ik heb niks tegen GH2, ik zeg alleen dat Smash Hits alleen wat is voor de mensen die of GH2 nooit hebben gespeeld, of de nummers nog een keer willen doen met een band.

Begrijp me niet verkeerd, Ik heb GH2 superveel gespeeld. Maar zeg nou zelf, GH2 ziet er als je het vergelijkt met GH3 e.v., lelijk uit. Vooral die highway en die platte frets kan ik nu niet meer tegen, nu ik GH3 e.v. gewend ben.

3. DulleNL

DulleNL I'm a little teapot Magic Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Geen idee waarom Activision screens released van GH games, ze zien er toch steeds hetzelfde uit.
    Maar goed, als spammert zijnde plaats ik ze toch. :+

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    Guitar Hero Smash Hits: Track Reveal Part 2
    Get ready to shred your face off. Our impressions on Guitar Hero 2's Smash Hits tracks.

April 22, 2009 - Yes rockaholics, it is indeed time for more videogame stardom for you and your closest three friends (and that weird kid that shows up to every gaming session and rocks a tambourine or "rhythm" egg like he's some "5th member" or something) as Guitar Hero Smash Hits has debuted, and news is ready to start breaking. IGN hooked up with Activision and Red Octane to make sure we had the latest and greatest info on the game for you, and that begins right here with our weekly track reveal and mini hands-on impressions. Activision has been asking you, the Guitar Hero devout, which tracks you want to know about first, so if you aren't voting on the official Smash Hits website yet, you should start. Every week a new poll is going up, and every week you can set your internet dials to IGN for the latest info once the polls close each Wednesday.

Welcome to week two, where we've again gone to you, the Guitar Hero fanatics out there, to determine which track list is worthy of being revealed next on the list. The first week went to the obvious choice of the original Guitar Hero, but what is in many ways considered to be the best of the core games is getting its time in the limelight today. Guitar Hero II hit the scene with some incredible offerings, as well as a bunch of much-needed fixes that really fine-tuned the gameplay along the way. What it really comes down to, however, are the tracks, and Guitar Hero II had an amazing list, including everything from the blazing fast "Beast And The Harlot" by Avenged Sevenfold, a few more laid back songs by the likes of Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Wolfmother, and Kansas, as well as the bar we hold all self-proclaimed rock gods to – No, I'm not talking about Stairway. Stairway still denied. – with the immortal Free Bird by Lynrd Skynyrd.

[​IMG]
    Rage? Confirmed.

The included Guitar Hero II tracks for Smash Hits are as follows:
    • Avenged Sevenfold - "Beast And The Harlot"
    • Rage Against The Machine - "Killing In The Name"
    • Rush - "YYZ"
    • Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Free Bird"
    • Foo Fighters - "Monkey Wrench"
    • Iron Maiden - "The Trooper"
    • Nirvana - "Heart-Shaped Box"
    • Lamb of God - "Laid To Rest"
    • The Police - "Message In A Bottle"
    • Wolfmother - "Woman"
    • Kansas - "Carry On Wayward Son"
    • Stone Temple Pilots - "Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart"
    • Warrant - "Cherry Pie"
    • Alice in Chains - "Them Bones"
    • Danzig - "Mother"
    • Jane's Addiction - "Stop!"
    • Reverend Horton Heat - "Psychobilly Freakout"
    • The Sword - "Freya"
    • Mötley Crüe- "Shout At The Devil"

So now that you've got the info on what tracks Activision will be bringing back for this 48 song "best of" bonanza, let's get down to the nitty gritty, yes? Each week we'll not only show off the tracks for each specific game, but also tell grand tales about our rock session with the folks at Activision, specifically centered around one main track for each reveal.

For week two it was tough not to highlight a huge slew of the songs, as most of these tracks make up my favorites in the series history. With the newly-created tabs for each song, you've also got a bit more legitimacy from many of the tracks, though much like last week's Ozzy hands-on, most of these changes are a couple notes here or there according to the actual artist master tracks. Still, having three buddies along for the ride admittedly made the game feel fresh again, and it certainly helps that the core game incorporates a lot of fixes from World Tour.

The main song that hooked me this time around was Beast And The Harlot by Avenged Sevenfold, mainly because it's a solid, fast-paced, full-band experience, and it plays great on Smash Hits. The main drum part that kicks in during the intro (even before the guitar lead-in) is a serious… beast… for lack of a better word, and the vocal track (a master track, mind you) is no joke. For many players, Beast And The Harlot was yet another level of difficulty above songs like Bark at the Moon, so to take that song again to another level by adding in a complex drum part and accompanying vocals was a great move.

There's also another aspect of it all that really comes into play here, as well as with other more complex songs. During tough solo sections or extremely complex guitar parts, having an entire band at your back can seriously help. You may not be hitting your star lines, but your band still can, meaning that you can get some much-needed assistance during the toughest sections. This happens with Beast during the main solo, as the lead guitar starts kicking into a gigantic 30 second long solo, but the drum part actually backs off a bit and supplies a steady backbeat, which is one of the easier sections of the song for the rhythm section. After getting through the solo, the guitar part has a chance to return the favor, as the drum part goes into an insane bass drum/fills section that'll take some serious practice to nail on expert.

[​IMG]
    Umlaut ya damn scoundrel, rock that Jane's Addiction!

The same "band help" concept is also applied to a lot of other songs on the list from Guitar Hero II, as tracks like Free Bird can make use of a pretty steady backbeat on drums while the guitars go nuts with the solo. On something like Rush, there's a nice tandem once again (Come on… Neil Peart?) between guitar and drums, but the vocals are, of course, easy. You know… because they're nonexistent? The microphone still works though, so if you're like me you'll be singing the guitar part through the speakers and pissing off the rest of your band. If you don't do that on vocals, you're seriously missing out.

Overall the list from Guitar Hero II is a nice mix of face-shredding top-tier songs, as well as the laid back stuff that's ideal for four player parties. Bringing back Nirvana, Rage, Alice in Chains, Jane's Addiction, Stone Temple Pilots, Rush, Foo Fighters, and Iron Maiden makes for a great GH2 representation. Also, it's not confirmed officially, but my guess is that Activision will include a set of ripped t-shirts and headbands for "Shout at the Devil" and "Cherry Pie." That's just my hope though… nothing official yet, and it won't actually happen, since I just made that up right here on the spot. It'd be cool though, right?

Dus...
    Guitar Hero I:
    • Pantera - “Cowboys From Hell (Live)”
    • Franz Ferdinand - “Take Me Out”
    • Queens Of The Stone Age - “No One Knows”
    • Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - “I Love Rock N’ Roll”
    • Boston - “More Than A Feeling”
    • White Zombie - “Thunder Kiss '65”
    • Blue Öyster Cult - “Godzilla”
    • Helmet - “Unsung (Live)”
    • Queen - “Killer Queen”
    • Incubus - “Stellar”
    • Ozzy Osbourne - “Bark At The Moon”
    • Deep Purple - “Smoke On The Water”
    • The Donnas - “Take It Off”
    • The Exies - “Hey You”

Guitar Hero II:
    • Avenged Sevenfold - "Beast And The Harlot"
    • Rage Against The Machine - "Killing In The Name"
    • Rush - "YYZ"
    • Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Free Bird"
    • Foo Fighters - "Monkey Wrench"
    • Iron Maiden - "The Trooper"
    • Nirvana - "Heart-Shaped Box"
    • Lamb of God - "Laid To Rest"
    • The Police - "Message In A Bottle"
    • Wolfmother - "Woman"
    • Kansas - "Carry On Wayward Son"
    • Stone Temple Pilots - "Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart"
    • Warrant - "Cherry Pie"
    • Alice in Chains - "Them Bones"
    • Danzig - "Mother"
    • Jane's Addiction - "Stop!"
    • Reverend Horton Heat - "Psychobilly Freakout"
    • The Sword - "Freya"
    • Mötley Crüe- "Shout At The Devil"

Psychobilly Freakout :'-( 8)

5. [2k]

[2k] XBW.nl VIP XBW.nl VIP

Leuk Bevonden:
    Luister nu naar het nummer. Klinkt nog best leuk, maar volgens mij wel een tandjes pittig nummer. Zitten best leuke nummers tussen, maar zolang ik enkel gitaar heb, kan ik beter deel 2 nog eens zien te kopen/ruilen op Xbazar.

6. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    Het is redelijk pittig ja. :+

Laatste keer dat ik het speelde was ik maar net een Hard speler, dus ik denk dat ik (met de grotere timing window) het nu wel op Expert kan halen. :cool:

Hoop ik. 8)

Free Bird was ik toen zo trots op toen ik het eindelijk had gehaald op medium. Good old times. :p (daarna wel nog gehaald op Hard, en nooit op Expert geprobeerd)

7. mattiejj

mattiejj Registered Muser

Leuk Bevonden:
    geen Sweet Child 'o mine:mad:

EDIT: er zijn al 33 nummers bekend gemaakt..

Dus de overige 15 nummers komen uit GH Rock the 80'ies en GH3?

Dat is ook niet veel dan he:eek:

Laatst bewerkt: 23 apr 2009
  8. Frangster

Frangster Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Deze zal ik alleen halen als hij voor een goedkoop prijsje in de bak ligt. Waarom ontwikkeld Activision nou toch geen goede online shop? Games zoals Rockband en Guitar Hero schreeuwen om DLC, waarbij de eerste titel de zaken wel goed op orde heeft.

Deze nummers hadden makkelijk allemaal online aangeboden kunnen worden zodat je nog kan kiezen welke nummers je echt wilt hebben. Nu moet je weer het zoveelste schijfje kopen en je kan de nummers waarschijnlijk nog steeds niet importeren in de tracklist van World Tour. Als dit nu nog steeds niet kan is het echt een kwalijke zaak.

9. [2k]

Leuk Bevonden:
    Tja, al moet ik zeggen dat ik die trackpacks ook nog te prijzig vind. Ben zelf niet zo happig op betaalde downloads (liever een disc in mijn handen), maar ben het wel met je eens dat ze goede zaken kunnen doen als ze daar echt een goede online service voor zouden hebben.

10. Nugget Leg

Nugget Leg Goedendag!

Leuk Bevonden:
    BEAST AND THE HARLOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Dit keer toch wel de originele hoop ik :+)

Is het te zien dat ik Avenged Sevenfold goed vind?? :+

11. Burt Macklin

Burt Macklin Formerly Known As

Leuk Bevonden:
    Is niet helemaal waar, want de nummers in Smash Hits zullen het origineel zijn.
    Terwijl het van deel I en II voornamelijk, of alles, een covers waren. :)

12. [2k]

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ja ok. Maarja, wellicht ben ik nog wel eens zo gek om toch de drums te kopen. Dan is het ook al wat interessanter. :+
    Buiten dat ga ik eerder voor Metallica dan Smash Hits. Blijf bij SH toch het gevoel hebben dat ik betaal voor iets dat ik al gekocht heb. Eigen keuze, maar toch. Net als je een DVD koopt van een video die je al op VHS hebt, of een Blu-Ray van een film die je al op DVD hebt, omdat de kwaliteit weer wat beter is en er wat nieuwe opties bijgekomen zijn. :)

13. PePzi NL

PePzi NL Ōkami! XBW.nl VIP

Leuk Bevonden:
    Verdomme, waar is Sweet Child O' Mine :mad::mad::mad:

Verder hoop ik echt op 18 and Life en Play With Me uit GH80's. Wrathchild mag er ook wel in dan <3

14. Nugget Leg

Nugget Leg Goedendag!

Leuk Bevonden:
    Kan ook dat ze Sweet Child O' Mine niet hebben gedaan omdat ze stiekempjes al Welcome To The Jungle hebben gedaan... (Die 1e is wel beter)

15. Bassie

Bassie No lollygaggin'

Leuk Bevonden:
    * Pantera - “Cowboys From Hell (Live)”
    * Franz Ferdinand - “Take Me Out”
    * Queens Of The Stone Age - “No One Knows”
    * Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - “I Love Rock N’ Roll”
    * White Zombie - “Thunder Kiss '65”
    * Blue Öyster Cult - “Godzilla”
    * Helmet - “Unsung (Live)”
    * Queen - “Killer Queen”
    * Incubus - “Stellar”
    * Ozzy Osbourne - “Bark At The Moon”
    * Deep Purple - “Smoke On The Water”

Guitar Hero II:

* Avenged Sevenfold - "Beast And The Harlot"
    * Rage Against The Machine - "Killing In The Name"
    * Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Free Bird"
    * Nirvana - "Heart-Shaped Box"
    * Wolfmother - "Woman"
    * Stone Temple Pilots - "Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart"
    * Warrant - "Cherry Pie"
    * Alice in Chains - "Them Bones"
    * Danzig - "Mother"
    * Reverend Horton Heat - "Psychobilly Freakout"
    * The Sword - "Freya"
    * Mötley Crüe- "Shout At The Devil"

Hier ben ik blij mee. :)

16. PePzi NL

Leuk Bevonden:
    Of omdat Axl Rose zo'n eikel is en zeikt over de copyrights... :p

* Avenged Sevenfold - "Beast And The Harlot"
    * Rage Against The Machine - "Killing In The Name"
    * Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Free Bird"
    * Nirvana - "Heart-Shaped Box"
    * Wolfmother - "Woman"
    * Stone Temple Pilots - "Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart"
    * Warrant - "Cherry Pie"
    * Alice in Chains - "Them Bones"
    * Danzig - "Mother"
    * Reverend Horton Heat - "Psychobilly Freakout"
    * The Sword - "Freya"
    * Mötley Crüe- "Shout At The Devil"

En dat zijn echt schijtnummers, hadden er wel uit mogen blijven imo...

17. Nugget Leg

Nugget Leg Goedendag!

Leuk Bevonden:
    Kan ook nog.

@Bassiej

Precies, dit is nou een goede setlist :D
    Vind ik dan.

18. Bassie

Bassie No lollygaggin'

Leuk Bevonden:
    Dat zijn juist topperts. Trippin' heeft echt zo'n brute solo. The Sword is altijd een vet headbang nummer.

19. PePzi NL

Leuk Bevonden:
    Mja ok. Nirvana heb ik sowieso een hekel aan, kan ik ook niks aan doen. :cool: Heart Shaped Box is echt zo'n sloom saai nummer. STP kan ik ook niet uitstaan, vooral Scott Weiland niet (godzijdank is hij uit Velvet Revolver, hij is het niet waard om met Slash een podium te delen :cool:) Okee, Cherry Pie is wel grappig (alleen was de notechart verschrikkelijk saai), Mother is typisch zo'n nummer dat je moet luisteren en niet spelen, en Freya is ook wel te doen.

Mijn twee centen. Ik wacht met smart welke nummers er uit GH80's komen! :D

20. Lenny-t

Lenny-t Melted Forest XBW.nl VIP

Leuk Bevonden:
    No One Knows is echt een geniaal nummer om te drummen :cool:

Deel Deze Pagina