1. Deze website gebruikt cookies. Door deze website verder te gebruiken, gaat u akkoord met ons gebruik van cookies. Leer Meer.

Splinter Cell review IGN!!

Discussie in 'Algemeen' gestart door Bliss123, 18 nov 2002.

1. Bliss123

Bliss123 Cute 'lil BUNNY!

Leuk Bevonden:
    De review is er eindelijk!!!
    OXBM had em al een 9,6 gegeven en XBM een 10, dus....eh, wie heeft ign insider en kan em hier ff posten met punt?!!@
    :)

2. diazull

diazull game junkie

Leuk Bevonden:
    This is the kind of game I imagined when I used to dream about the experiences next generation consoles were going to give us. Splinter Cell is one of the smartest games I've ever played in that it challenged me to lose myself in this world of espionage and to use everything I think I know about secret operatives to get through it. While there were plenty of times I would get caught in a trial-error-death cycle trying to clear a certain part of the game, I never once felt helpless or confused to the point where I was ready to blame the developers for poor level design or something. When you run into a difficult part in Splinter Cell that's just kicking your hide, it only means you're not thinking outside the box and exploring all of your options. It's not quite as open as a Grand Theft Auto game, but there are unorthodox ways of solving some problems. But in this world of super spies, there's no such thing as unorthodox, just do or die.
    This game literally shines on the Xbox and has enough gameplay hours to satisfy dedicated Halo junkies who've been waiting for the next landmark single player game on the system. Since you can play with varying degrees of stealth and aggression, you'll have every reason to play through Splinter Cell multiple times.

I often found myself saying "Whoa, I don't know if gamers are going to be ready for that." But once Splinter Cell is in your system, and this game has a perfectly balanced learning curve, you will be ready for all it has to offer.

-- Aaron Boulding

Presentation
    The Tom Clancy realism, great voice acting and well integrated storyline will convince you that Jack Ryan's got nothing on Sam Fisher 9.0
    Graphics
    Revolutionary. Splinter Cell has raised our expectations for what kind of lighting and animation can be done on Xbox 10.0
    Sound
    Exeptional score and the sophisticated application of sound and music to gameplay are all kicked out in glorious 5.1. 10.0
    Gameplay
    The definition of stealth-action.You get to do so much cool covert agent stuff in this game, enemies of the state shouldn't be allowed to play it. 10.0
    Lasting Appeal
    Can be played multiple times with varying degrees of aggression, so it has lots of legs for a solo-only game. 8.0
    OVERALL SCORE (not an average) 9.6

ik hoef denk ik niet alles te plaatsen , maar is echt wat we verw8 hadden

3. eggman

eggman sound and light

Leuk Bevonden:
    Op GameFaqs.com staat dat IGN een 9.6 heeft gegeven...

Als GameSpot nu nog een 9 of hoger geeft, kan het niet meer mis gaan met SC. Dit wordt echt een strak spel!!!

Ongeveer zoiets als GTA voor de PS2?

4. Edge

Edge Hardcore Gamer

Leuk Bevonden:
    Kewl..wanneer is ie hier? 29ste? dan koop ik m Zeker

5. pacboyslim

pacboyslim jump for joy

Leuk Bevonden:
    :'-(

Laatst bewerkt: 18 nov 2002
  6. pacboyslim

pacboyslim jump for joy

Leuk Bevonden:
    :'-(

7. pacboyslim

pacboyslim jump for joy

Leuk Bevonden:
    .....deleten lukt niet....

8. pacboyslim

pacboyslim jump for joy

Leuk Bevonden:
    Sound

Splinter Cell boasts outstanding voice acting, an excellent score, superior sound effects and just some of the best application of sound in a videogame we've ever heard. Like everything else about the game, the audio is intended to re-focus your attention on the stealth action. You're doing yourself a disservice if you play this game with the sound turned down.

If you're hearing a lot of ruckus at any point in Splinter Cell, that usually means something intense, horrible or horribly intense is happening. This is because the music of the game changes up to match the mood of the situation you're in. A big gunfight will give you a heavy guitar track plus all of the bullets, echoes and yelling you might expect. Sneaking down an empty hallway is usually pretty quiet with background sound effects filling up the sound space to keep the game from feeling empty and boring.

Michael Ironsides is the voice of Sam Fisher and good old Jester has the perfect tone to play a secret operative who has seen it all. All of the characters in the game are all well done with inflections, accents and subtle emotions all coming through beautifully. Sam and his NSA contact, Lambert, chat with each other regularly throughout the game with varying levels of tension. You get the feeling that while Fisher is always going to follow orders, he still doesn't completely trust Lambert or his new bosses. That's some mighty fine character development for a videogame where you can't see the actors' faces.

Drama and comedy are a big part of what moves Splinter Cell's story and it's all done through voice. You can overhear some genuinely funny conversations that have nothing to do with the mission if you're in the right place at the right time and paying attention. There's a reason why the embassy chef let's a soldier spit in the pot of soup he's making, but you have to be patient and listen. Listening to the variety of conversations going on at CIA headquarters --be sure to check the briefing theatre-- is a good way to find out how that agency operates. Really, it's a good idea to slow down and listen whenever you encounter a situation where you can hear people talking in Splinter Cell. Sometimes you'll get critical info or a good chuckle. Either way you should be impressed.

One of the most important sounds of the game is the quick base note you hear whenever an enemy is alerted to your presence. It's a sound you'll learn to recognize even when there are conversations or other noises going on. Rather than a radar telling you that the enemies are on you trail, the alert music that follows this initial indicator is the only way you'll know what's going on and when it's safe to proceed once it stops.

All of these sound elements are coming to you through fine 5.1 audio. Not that you have to have a surround setup, but you really are missing out on that last piece of stimulation that really immerses you in the game if you're just using your TV speakers. Explosions are as shocking and nerve rattling as they should be with the subwoofer kicking in and all of the subtle sound effects like weapon reloads, typing on a keyboard, walking on broken glass and zipping down a line are better when they come from the right direction.

Closing Comments

This is the kind of game I imagined when I used to dream about the experiences next generation consoles were going to give us. Splinter Cell is one of the smartest games I've ever played in that it challenged me to lose myself in this world of espionage and to use everything I think I know about secret operatives to get through it. While there were plenty of times I would get caught in a trial-error-death cycle trying to clear a certain part of the game, I never once felt helpless or confused to the point where I was ready to blame the developers for poor level design or something. When you run into a difficult part in Splinter Cell that's just kicking your hide, it only means you're not thinking outside the box and exploring all of your options. It's not quite as open as a Grand Theft Auto game, but there are unorthodox ways of solving some problems. But in this world of super spies, there's no such thing as unorthodox, just do or die.
    This game literally shines on the Xbox and has enough gameplay hours to satisfy dedicated Halo junkies who've been waiting for the next landmark single player game on the system. Since you can play with varying degrees of stealth and aggression, you'll have every reason to play through Splinter Cell multiple times.

I often found myself saying "Whoa, I don't know if gamers are going to be ready for that." But once Splinter Cell is in your system, and this game has a perfectly balanced learning curve, you will be ready for all it has to offer.

-- Aaron Boulding

Presentation
    The Tom Clancy realism, great voice acting and well integrated storyline will convince you that Jack Ryan's got nothing on Sam Fisher 9.0

Graphics
    Revolutionary. Splinter Cell has raised our expectations for what kind of lighting and animation can be done on Xbox 10.0

Sound
    Exeptional score and the sophisticated application of sound and music to gameplay are all kicked out in glorious 5.1. 10.0

Gameplay
    The definition of stealth-action.You get to do so much cool covert agent stuff in this game, enemies of the state shouldn't be allowed to play it. 10.0

Lasting Appeal
    Can be played multiple times with varying degrees of aggression, so it has lots of legs for a solo-only game. 8.0

OVERALL SCORE (not an average) 9.6

9. Xstyle

Xstyle Guest

errugggggggggggggg:9

10. Fardo

Fardo Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    NB officieel mag je hier geen IGN insiders info plaatsen vanwege de copyrights .... maar het is idd Kicken!

11. Tr@m$

Tr@m$ inactieve gebruiker

Leuk Bevonden:
    YES!

12. Edge

Edge Hardcore Gamer

Leuk Bevonden:
    Gruwelijke game :9 ;) :cool: ...Must-have:D

13. Nou.. hopelijk komt ie donderdag dan in de winkels...8)

14. BoNEz|NL

BoNEz|NL Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    YEAH

Ben echt blij dat de game niet tegenvalt, zoals bij Blinx, maar dat het gewoon echt een toppertjes is.
    Deze haal ik ZEKER meteen in huis.....hmmmmmm :9

15. CaptnCook

CaptnCook Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Dit word lauwe shit jongens:p :p :p :p :p
    A game to have
    Hier wacht iedere xboxgamer op!!
    Dit heeft Da box nodig.

16. Spartan117

Spartan117 New Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    -offtopic-
    Ik vindt Blinx niet tegenvallen hoor, persoonlijk vind ik dit één van de beste platformers (als je het zo mag noemen). Moet je natuurlijk wel van het genre houden.
    -offtopic-

Maar ik kijk ook errug uit naar Splinter Cell. Nu kan ik eindelijk mijn rijtje toppers sinds Halo weer een beetje aanvullen. Als het een beetje meezit ligt 'ie inderdaad nog deze week in de winkels :9 !!!

17. T-botjuz

T-botjuz geengrenzuh soldaat

Leuk Bevonden:
    tactische releasedate hoor, zo met de studiefinanciering om de hoek :D

18. eggman

eggman sound and light

Leuk Bevonden:
    leuk om te weten:

vanavond bij GameKings Splinter Cell review!!!

19. Marnixio

Marnixio World Of Warcraft

Leuk Bevonden:
    bedankt eggman ik zal vanavond GameKings kijken THX!!!!!!!

Deel Deze Pagina