The Witcher : Rise of the White Wolf

Discussie in 'Algemeen' gestart door f4TaLNL, 30 nov 2008.

1. Daz

Daz

Leuk Bevonden:
    Wow, ik ben aangenaam verrast. Ziet er leuk uit.

2. w*s*c*

w*s*c* Yikes!

Leuk Bevonden:
    Wordt een heerlijke RPG system de 360 !! YESSSSSS

3. DulleNL

DulleNL I'm a little teapot Magic Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    :eek:

4. Zifnap

Zifnap Koehl en gecollecteerd

Leuk Bevonden:
    Jezus, wat een klote nieuws zeg.

5. Le Lastpak

Le Lastpak (◕‿◕✿)

Leuk Bevonden:
    Geloof er helemaal niks van. Waarom zouden ze stoppen met de productie van een goede game?

@Dulle:
    Wat is je bron van dit gerucht?

6. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    Ok, andere variant van het bericht, maar deze keer met links. :p
    Begon net zo een zin te krijgen in de game!

7. Delphiki

Delphiki Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Zou wel erg laat zijn in de ontwikkeling. Tenzij het project enorm achterloopt kan ik me voorstellen dat er nog wel een uitgever komt die wel oren heeft naar een console versie van deze game

8. DulleNL

Leuk Bevonden:
    Confirmed: Witcher suspended thanks to CD Projekt failing to meet dev payment

The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf developer WideScreen has confirmed to VG247 that the game has been suspended as CD Projekt has failed to meet financial obligations.

“After having a payment being broken by CD Projekt - a big payment that we were supposed to receive - and after having committed to the project but not being covered financially on it for three months, I hold no choice but to put the team on hold,” said Widescreen boss Olivier Masclef in a phone interview this afternoon.

Masclef also said CD Projekt’s deal with Atari was out of kilter with Widescreen’s agreement with CD Projekt in terms of milestones.

The suspension came after a meeting between the three parties, called by Masclef.

Staff have not been laid off, said the exec.

“We have be reallocating people onto other projects and work for hire jobs at the moment,” he said.

“I will try to find any solution for the fans. The Witcher on console is an extremely promising title that’s awaited by a lot of people. We have it running here, and I can tell you that if it hits the shelves one day it’s going to be great… I feel sorry for the fans and I feel sorry for Namco Bandai.”

Masclef said he “appreciated” Namco, who has signed a distribution deal with Atari of which Rise of the White Wolf formed a large part, but said he wasn’t sure if the game would ever been completed.

“I don’t know. I can’t find a financial solution by myself,” he said. “I don’t own the IP - CD Projekt owns the IP and Atari owns the distribution rights.”

First news of the game’s cancellation came from Polish site Polygamia yesterday.

9. BigKabuto

BigKabuto Well-Known Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    Zo dan, deze game was eventjes bij mij in het achterhoofd gebleven zeg maar, maar nooit vergeten. Dit is zwaar kut nieuws.

10. Delphiki

Delphiki Active Member

Leuk Bevonden:
    ik kan niet zo goed opmaken wie nu de kwaaie peer is in dat verhaal,. CD Projekt of Atari.

Hopen dat er nog iemand de portemonnee trekt om deze game te redden of dat CD Project zelf de kar gaat trekken. Hieronder een qoute van CD:

It is sad that we cannot talk with WSG in normal business way, but communicate through media. It is absolutely not our style of making business, and we answer here as we feel forced to do this to clarify the unclear information:

1. All payments were done on time according to milestone plan.

2. Truth is that payments were later than originally planned but this was solely due to delays in production. The delays were growing in the project due to WSG continued to miss the deadlines.

3. Delays and risks of further development by WSG were unacceptable by CD Projekt (this happened even though CDProjekt RED was constantly increasing main team involvement to help in the production). The most important fact is that development process didn't make planned release date possible and moreover propositions of the new release date were changing few times. Besides the schedule, technical incapability created a risk of missing planned quality which is absolutely unacceptable. And this brought an end in our cooperation with WSG.

4. Currently the works are on hold. We are evaluating all possible options to continue the production.
    Making this decision was extremely difficult and sad as we know that many people are waiting for this project. We do our best to find a way out of this situation. But final decision must guarantee high quality of the product, otherwise we won't continue the production no matter what consequences it will bring. We are committed to the highest quality of all our games, and this is unnegotiable for us.

So no matter what the final decision or solution we will find, please be sure that it will be the best for the game quality, and satisfaction of gamers, which is the most important for us!

Michal Kicinski
    Joint CEO
    CD Projekt Group

Laatst bewerkt: 29 apr 2009

Deel Deze Pagina